The Administration Thread

Boycie

23 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Apparently they are mates. No really.

yes it was reported in the Sun that Ashley and Gibson know each other. It's massive news, quite possible this could resolve it for us. I was worried Ashley might just move on thinking - this is all just too difficult.

Only question is, what then happens to Wycombe? Not such an issue I guess because much smaller. TBH I think Couhig is the one who has hatched this gruesome legal ruse and that if Gibbo settles, he will as well  

I just hope Gibbo's rug doesn't blow off when Ashley lands the chopper on his lawn. That would be a bad start to the summit

Edited by kevinhectoring

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Exactly and I think RD made the same point yesterday. Pretty much every other club in the championship will have a vested interest in seeing us continue to suffer as they may want to pick up a player from us on the cheap and/or they want to make sure we take up one of the relegation places rather than them.

If your a championship chairman you are only punishing yourself if you want a club with a big away following 

to be relegated but if we do go down i bet league 1 chairman are counting the extra revenue already

35 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

No I am not saying the admin team haven't done anything they should have, quite the opposite. But either Boro and Wycombe  have started  a legal process in which case it can't be continued in admin, or else they haven't started it in which case there is nothing much  to do anyway. 

moratoriums do not make claims go away. Nor do they stop letters before action being written. Nor do they mean administrators can ignore assertions of claims, and liquidators certainly can't 

But don't worry, Uncle Mike will sort all this out 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

moratoriums do not make claims go away. Nor do they stop letters before action being written. Nor do they mean administrators can ignore assertions of claims, and liquidators certainly can't 

But don't worry, Uncle Mike will sort all this out 

I didn't say they shouldn't do anything , just not much they can do. The claims wil not be settled (if at all) until after the new owners come in everyone knows that. Still no answers on why this should delay the sale, or even the announcement of the preferred bidder. . 

15 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

yes it was reported in the Sun that Ashley and Gibson know each other. It's massive news, quite possible this could resolve it for us. I was worried Ashley might just move on thinking - this is all just too difficult.

Only question is, what then happens to Wycombe? Not such an issue I guess because much smaller. TBH I think Couhig is the one who has hatched this gruesome legal ruse and that if Gibbo settles, he will as well  

I just hope Gibbo's rug doesn't blow off when Ashley lands the chopper on his lawn. That would be a bad start to the summit

Come on Steve, it's time to drop this silly claim. If you don't, I'll stop selling shell suits in our Middlesbrough stores and half your fan base will freeze to death.

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The only way to cut through this is to higher the stakes by going after QPR. 

I’d say the most immediate way of raising the stakes is by being very vocal in the media that we are looking at not completing our fixtures as an option due to EFL meddling.

This would put pressure upon the EFL to explain how they are going to sort out the absolute mess our liquidation would cause with points, placing’s, fixtures and relegation!

We don’t have to go through with it but it’s an instant pressure that could be applied!

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

And who has been peddling the misinformation? Who has been briefing Nixon , Percy, The Daily Mail, The Athletic and so  on with all this misinformation?

This is why they won’t come out and directly engage in the public view when requested. By leaking things out through Nixon/Percy they get to put their stilted view out without being called on how ridiculous it is and then cry foul whenever the Administrators say anything contrary.

Again, if you’re tired of “misinformation” then engage with the media directly and put out your 100% black and white view without it going through the Percy/Nixon “click-bait” filter.

30 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I didn't say they shouldn't do anything , just not much they can do. The claims wil not be settled (if at all) until after the new owners come in everyone knows that. Still no answers on why this should delay the sale, or even the announcement of the preferred bidder. . 

Ashley might well sort all this out for us. Maybe we’ll see some expensive Sports Direct sponsorship at Riverside in the next couple of years 

You say there are no answers on why the claims should delay the sale? The Athletic outlined how the claims affect the exit from admin (according to other posters on here). It’s not simple and technical posts on here lead to frustration and anger. Q has clearly not devised a watertight exit which satisfies purchasers’ need for certainty before handing over the deposit. So says Ashley and so says the EFl. Q’s lame response to the EFL apparently was: “we can all ignore the claims because there is nothing in them”. Oh dear, rather misses the point 

Seriously, if you want to read more, look at the Wimbledon case and the Terra firma article that I referenced yesterday

The fact that Q has NOT found a clean route out doesn’t stop them appointing a PB of course. But we know that Ashley has refused to become PB until Gibson is sorted. What we don’t know is whether Appleby’s lot would have agreed to become PB and pay the deposit if Ashley had not bounced in. They did say they were ready to go ... 

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

You say there are no answers on why the claims should delay the sale? The Athletic outlined how the claims affect the exit from admin (according to other posters on here). It’s not simple and technical posts on here lead to frustration and anger. Q has clearly not devised a watertight exit which satisfies purchasers’ need for certainty before handing over the deposit. So says Ashley and so says the EFl. Q’s lame response to the EFL apparently was: “we can all ignore the claims because there is nothing in them”. Oh dear, rather misses the point 

Do explain to us what is more complicated than the EFL wanting Boro & Wycombe's claims to be seen as 'football creditors' when there isn't any reason they should be.

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Mike Ashley was at the training centre yesterday morning. 

I’d say if he’s serious in buying us he wants this sorting asap. Fingers crossed we hear some good news this week. 

Nice info.

Where has that come from? Obviously not expecting you to name your source but is it a trusted one?

1 hour ago, Thameram said:

If your a championship chairman you are only punishing yourself if you want a club with a big away following 

to be relegated but if we do go down i bet league 1 chairman are counting the extra revenue already

Not if Derby go down instead of you.

I image the likes of Reading, Cardiff, Hull and Peterborough are a little concerned about our current form and there are the other teams that could easily get dragged into a relegation fight (Birmingham, Swansea and Bristol) but less likely if we are cut adrift. 

23 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Mike Ashley was at the training centre yesterday morning. 

I’d say if he’s serious in buying us he wants this sorting asap. Fingers crossed we hear some good news this week. 

How do you know?

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

He's chums with Gadsby from the time we were putting up Pride Park.  Probably why Gadsbys no longer in the picture.  Couldn't be arsed with the hassle.  We need to sue for 45 million for sending us Julian De Sart and ruining any chance of the playoffs.  Is McClaren not using any sway here.  Won Richard Simmonds shitty outfit their only trophy.

4 minutes ago, Norwichram2 said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/update-emerges-on-mike-ashleys-pursuit-of-Derby-county-amid-middlesbrough-dispute/

First article I have read disapproving of Boro's position. It's a start.

Yes, the great irony of all this is that Boro are on the verge of being in the poo themselves.

Makes their behavior even more vile!