The Administration Thread

Boycie

39 minutes ago, jono said:

You lend money with or without security. Security is against assets of the company in the normal course of events.
I understand that, but as far as DCFC are concerned they must be an ordinary creditor because DCFChas no assets to offer as security. This might not be the case  from their perspective in that they are “secured”  because they have is a debenture on the stadium owned by mr Morris (not DCFC)  .. or have I misunderstood something ?

They’ve got security over everything including all the goodwill. But you’re right, if all the secured assets are sold (including shares in DCFC), and they are not paid off, then the unpaid amount ranks as an unsecured claim 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

They’ve got security over everything including all the goodwill. But you’re right, if all the secured assets are sold (including shares in DCFC), and they are not paid off, then the unpaid amount ranks as an unsecured claim 

Loans of last resort are always given on very good terms.  They will have security for all instances.  Q will also get paid.  i am more than happy for anyone to take us over, but if MA does he will need to pay the administrators.  

No one would ever do that job if buyers could avoid paying creditors like that.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Team Ashley have been busy.

If Quantuma did something wrong in January to Ashley, then, that is on them and very bad - but they also handed Ashely a card to play and he's playing it. It could be frivolous, it could have "some" weight - I guess we'll see in the coming days.

Strikes me as manouvers to force a position where he can bid what he wants without competing with the other bidders.

Oh well, on the hand it's reassuring Ashley does want to buy us. On the other, it's not going to be a pretty deal for anyone involved.

Yes they have.  Except doing the one thing they’re supposed to be doing, and we’d like them to do, which is submit a bid.

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

If Ashley was expecting to be named preferred bidder in January but wasn’t, does that not fit with the whole debacle where Quantuma presented the EFL with a plan and they vetoed it because of the ‘Boro issue?  And Jagielka left the day after etc.

If that’s the case, then I don’t really see what claim Ashley has - if the EFL vetoed Quantuma’s plan, there wasn’t going to be a preferred bidder until they sorted everything out the the EFL.

And that’s what I don’t get.  He may say he was to be named PB, which I think might have been suggested at the time, but the EFL put a block on any PB due to the MFC claim.  They wanted us to deal with that first and no one would take on the liability.  When that was done in mid-February and the bidding process opened again, according to reports MA didn’t bid.

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

We should be feeling a bit happier tonight although clearly we want this all to end and get back to the boring stuff, like who are we signing when can we buy season tickets etc . 

Couldn’t resist looking at this thread tonight and this is me.

I’d think most sane Derby fans, just want to come watch a game of football on a Saturday afternoon, win, lose or draw. All these people playing games of financial posturing, the press feeding on fans desire for information and rival fans gloating at our woes, I’m really not interested in any of them. They can all duck off and when this is over no true supporters, will ever forgive certain people in the EFL, for the spineless attitude and slow torture they inflicted on us at the behest of others.

Park all that though, just give us a ducking club to support.

Edited by Zag zig

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I hope your future posts to me reflect your new found antipathy to libel.

Anyway, I think we can agree that big Mike can look after himself. I’d also settle for him as an owner, btw

I’ve never said anything to you that I couldn’t defend in court, a theatre I performed in regularly for 40 years without coming unstuck. You fail to understand that you have invariably provided me with a readymade defence to any claim you mistakenly think you may have in your own statement which caused me to respond in the first place. I do not respond to the vast majority of your posts because there are not enough hours in the day, just to those posts that are so outrageous I simply can’t bite my tongue and my close awareness of the law of libel is long held, not a recent realisation. If you engaged your brain more often before hitting your keyboard you may never hear from me again ??

47 minutes ago, Archied said:

Isn’t it unproven either way but you state your view of it as fact ,,which is probably the same and in fact worse than what you’ve pulled the poster up for?

So you think people are guilty until proven innocent?

If you're accusing someone of something it's your duty to back it up,.not the other way around. 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My guess:

Quantuma will quickly announce Appleby as PB tomorrow to deflect from the sh1t storm heading their way.

Something will happen tomorrow, fixtures are out in less than a week now, I feel tomorrow holds some significance somehow, see who blinks first, Q or the EFL.

.....and pigs fly

10 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Again, I understand the feeling and motivation behind this, but so long as it isn't a distraction. Yes, it needs looking into carefully, but not when things are so delicate.

Are they for real.  Back in February maybe.  An investigation of this kind now gives us a 3 month extension in the process.  Tools are downed and anything they have done won't be shared.  External funding will have to come from a generous source till September who doesn't mind peeing a few million up the wall and we have no one to bring in players.  No one will take over the administration in case Quantuma get there 4 million.  They will be our new Gibson. 

This, with things needing to move over the next week, sends us to The Markeaton Park hangover Sunday league.  Investigate as much as you want after the event.