The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

You and I both know that Gibson’s intention was to ensure we were seriously damaged. Which is why he held out until after the window closed. Bye bye Jags.  

So I’ll repeat it: Singing the ‘we can stay up’ refrain at the top of his voice was not smart. That’s my only point Roy 

He held out until after the March when Morris finally decided to help us.

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

You and I both know that Gibson’s intention was to ensure we were seriously damaged. Which is why he held out until after the window closed. Bye bye Jags.  

So I’ll repeat it: Singing the ‘we can stay up’ refrain at the top of his voice was not smart. That’s my only point Roy 

'Not smart' in that way (allegedly provoking Gibson) doesn't mean not good overall - we were playing well and in with a chance of survival....was Rooney supposed to publicly bemoan our fate and say 'We're ducked', like Paul Jewell did?

Wayne's spirit of defiance transferred to players and fans.

IMHO, the EFL wanted 'assured relegation' anyway and engineered the January player exodus / sustained embargo, this after blocking Q from naming a PB when EFL cronies doggedly elected to ignore the issue of parasite creditor status, nixing any takeover.

So after the EFL spun out the calendar, they now finally realise it's 11.59 pm, and decide to intervene. Bucket-load of shyte. 

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

You don't know that. If the EFL hadn't decided to block the cross class cram it wouldn't have mattered. Or if Mel had dealt with it sooner. 

There was no way they were ever going to agree to that though. It would have meant (by default) taking the side of one member club against another . They would have put themselves at the risk of legal action if they had. Can't really understand why Quantuma ever thought it was a viable option. Their cross class cram proposal complied with general UK insolvency law (due to the 2020 changes) but seemingly failed to take into account the football-specific reqiurements i.e. the EFL insolvency policy, which was just as important in the context of Derby County.

The impression created is that they hadn't kept one of their key stakeholders (the EFL) informed of what they were intending and were consequently completely shocked when the EFL inevitably said there's no way you can keep your golden share if you pursue that course of action.

Ian Redfern from Black and White Together summarised this very well at the time

https://www.dcfcbawt.org/post/efl-quantuma-s-position-here-s-bawt-s-ian-redfern-s-view

Edited by Red Ram

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

Quite so, March follows January (February is in between)

Phew we can move on. What are you having for tea ? 

Oh sorry I wasn't really taking any notice of what you were writing as I think the idea of Rooney 'giving up' was utter nonsense.

13 minutes ago, Topram said:

The start of probably a pretty depressing few weeks of players leaving, can’t blame them, glad we wasted 2 months on an American fraud 

the fact that NOBODY has had a bid accepted since Kirchner pulled out suggests it was not 2 months wasted time. It was wasted hope, but the fact that nothing has happened since has proven no time was lost/wasted.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

the fact that NOBODY has had a bid accepted since Kirchner pulled out suggests it was not 2 months wasted time. It was wasted hope, but the fact that nothing has happened since has proven no time was lost/wasted.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion. It was undoubtedly wasted time, as the time we could have spent getting a deal over the line with a credible buyer was wasted on crypto boy. The fact that buyers haven't had a bid accepted as of yet doesn't mean that those precious 2 months weren't completely and utterly wasted.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

But at least one bid has gone in, less than a week after CK's bid was withdrawn. The time was wasted, other bidders could have offered low bids to let Q know they were expecting too much for no assets.

24 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

There was no way they were ever going to agree to that though. It would have meant (by default) taking the side of one member club against another . They would have put themselves at the risk of legal action if they had. Can't really understand why Quantuma ever thought it was a viable option. Their cross class cram proposal complied with general UK insolvency law (due to the 2020 changes) but seemingly failed to take into account the football-specific reqiurements i.e. the EFL insolvency policy, which was just as important in the context of Derby County.

The impression created is that they hadn't kept one of their key stakeholders (the EFL) informed of what they were intending and were consequently completely shocked when the EFL inevitably said there's no way you can keep your golden share if you pursue that course of action.

Ian Redfern from Black and White Together summarised this very well at the time

https://www.dcfcbawt.org/post/efl-quantuma-s-position-here-s-bawt-s-ian-redfern-s-view

Legally they had no choice though, if we accept Quantuma's claim that they had had legal advice that the claims were meritless.  If they'd agreed to settle, and paid the £3m that Morris has apparently agreed to pay 'Boro, then that would have come out of the settlement that HMRC etc would receive, and HMRC would be quite within their rights to refuse to accept that. Likewise if Quantuma had used club funds defending those claims at a tribunal.

Edited by duncanjwitham

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Whilst we wasted 2 months on him no one else could make a bid due to exclusivity? 

19 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

If Rooney went in the next week or so would any of the bidders follow suit?

He'e expensive.  Probably the reverse - as would bring more money in, reduce costs... and wouldn't have fans furious first choice taken was to allow him to depart.