The Administration Thread

Boycie

So we are at an impass. The PB can't engage due to the potential of a claim by the parasites. The claims are unquantifiable hence the risk being too great. Potential football creditors we are told. 

Using exactly the same yardstick then why don't we bring a claim against QPR thus creating a potential football debtor? This way if one claim succeeds they both succeed. If one claim fails they both fail. This gives the PB some security. 

QPR Bobby on here say we can't claim past 6 years. Not sure the in house LAP route follows the law as such. 

Desperate times call for desperate measures. 

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

You had made your same (ridiculous IMO) point several times now, maybe have a day off today.

It's bad enough reading other fan's ill-informed trolling on Twitter without your own fans trotting out similarly warped ideas over and over.

No idea what you imagine this plan b you are referring to would entail and I don't care. I don't want the administrators following some random path that doesn't follow reason, morality, equity, sense or the law, on the chance that the EFL aren't going to do any of that.  Rather that they call them out on it and stick to the proper path. Our job is now to draw attention to it, not muddy the water by blaming the administrators. 

Doesn't matter how long ago the administrators had considered it, what could they do other than negotiate,  plead, discuss and give credence and substance to ridiculous, spurious and downright disgraceful attempts to extort money out of the club. Instead they are saying these grasps for money need to be settled elsewhere. They settled for 21 points to get things moving, and so these clubs are sensing there is a deal to be had and I'm glad they aren't budging this time- what deal would you be happy with? £10m, £20m?? No way should they be doing anything than saying its a sick joke and that they will not enter into negotiations with other clubs with no legal or moral reason to do so.

Absolutely 100% spot on. They are NOT creditors. No contract no invoice no debt just a made up figure put in an email to the Club and copied to the EFL. What if their claim was 500m? Still just made up. 

Edited by Eatonram

I just want to recap this morning where we are based on what has been happening 

The Administrators have 3 viable offers to buy the club and repay real creditors some money owed, it is believed that Ashley made the biggest bid.

The administrators went to the EFL to announce the preferred bidder who was placing a non refundable deposit which pays the bills for the rest of the season 

The EFL have said what about Middlesbrough and Wycombe requests for their suggested potential claims which the administrators said there is no legal claim from them which the EFL knows and the EFL indicates they are football creditors for a claim of no legal standing.

The PB obviously isn’t going to stump up money for any claim that isn’t legal for whatever reason and neither are the administrators allowed to.

The EFL have said show us your money to the end of the season

The Administrators have said that obviously can’t happen because we are in administration 

The manager rightly wanted to extend a few contacts as we only have 8 players/ youngsters under contract past the end of the season and bring in some no fee loans or free transfers within the parameters of what we were allowed to do especially after letting two players leave which is now three players.

The EFL have said you have no money to finish the season so you are now under a complete transfer embargo.

The administrators inform the staff of the EFL stance and ask if any players who want to leave to speak to the them - Jagielka leaves a few days early and joins Stoke whilst we have very few others who can raise any substantial money and nowhere near enough to complete the season. All the players have had ample opportunity to be talking to other clubs about free summer moves anyway since January 1st as only 8 are under contract longer than that. So sales won’t see us through until the end of the season and then the PB won’t pay as much because they are only buying the club badge and no assets.

The administrators make a badly worded statement in my opinion that states that the EFL are acting in an illegal way and against their own rules by not sorting out any inter club dispute and request an urgent review of their standpoint.

The administrators said we have money to the end of January to pay the Bills so we have one game left at home today and one game away at notts forest. Following that we may well be liquidated and those creditors will get nothing.

All that is how it sits as of this morning and I have personal views but I have tried not to include those! 

29 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

You all know what........Our fight on the pitch has awoken real football fans....in fact on the pitch, Derby are the most exciting thing happening in the Championship, we are being lapped up by sky sports with the spirit we are showing and the miracle we could perform by staying up......and the clowns at the EFL are extinguishing it, they should be enhancing it, playing on it, promoting it even.......they are totally corrupt and the list of board members proves it

We had someone on the bored when we shouldn’t have in my opinion and yes he never had anything to do with stuff that was about us 

surely the minutes of these meetings and communications must be available to be read

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Is there anything to stop the rest of the division making up a reason why we owe them some money, and piling on as well?

I did think this.

Why can’t Leeds claim something when we beat them in the play off semi finals, I’d say they have more grounds than Boro. The fact they’re Premier League now should have nothing to do with it.

17 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

My guess is that as soon as the transfer window closes, the takeover will be allowed to go through. 

We can still stay up without any additional players being added. 

Starting with 3 points today COYR

I am fairly sure personally that the EFL will say on February 1st that Derby can now proceed with a takeover - which may well be far to late as the potential buyers may well have pulled out as there is nothing left to actually buy.

2 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

Just s silly thought what if one of our large creditors informed the EFL if the club was liquidated because the EFL insisted that the administrators broke the law and they could not do that and they got less than a figure agreed with the administrators the creditor would sue the EFL for the difference. That would wake them up

Brilliant!  I like it!

St John Ambulance will surely step up.  We're mates again now, surely?  

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So we are in an impass. The PB can't engage due to the potential of a claim by the parasites. The claims are unquantifiable hence the risk being too great. Potential football creditors we are told. 

Using exactly the same yardstick then why don't we bring a claim against QPR thus creating a potential football debtor? This way if one claim succeeds they both succeed. If one claim fails they both fail. This gives the PB some security. 

QPR Bobby on here say we can't claim past 6 years. Not sure the in house LAP route follows the law as such. 

Desperate times call for desperate measures. 

The way I see it is Wycombe and Middlesbrough are not currently creditors of any description. Simply submitting a claim doesn’t make you a creditor until either you win your day in court or a settlement is agreed. Neither of these have happened so, in theory, exit from administration should be able to proceed without resolving them and I can’t see how the EFL have any right to insist they are settled first. The only people that could/should be delaying the announcement of a PB is the PB themselves if they don’t want to progress to that stage with a potential future compensation payment hanging around.

Instead of allowing them to hold us to ransom (which it seems is exactly what they’re doing) the EFL should have insisted Wycombe and Middlesbrough put up or shut up long ago. Sadly, if they did take us to court, even though there chances of victory may be slim in the extreme, they know it would take a long time - time we don’t have. They seem to be taking advantage of the situation to receive a settlement for a claim they may have minimal chance of winning if it was allowed to proceed through the courts. That strikes me as immoral.

10 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Is there anything to stop the rest of the division making up a reason why we owe them some money, and piling on as well?

Is there anything to stop us saying we are owed money as well and piling in and voting as creditors... in favour of 0.0001p in the £ payout?  And outvote Gibson and Couhig claims. 

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

The problem is not the governing body. It’s Gibson. That is clear from the admins statement (despite their efforts to blame the EFl )

Is this the governing body that in the last 2 years that has:-

(a) tried to overrule one of the worlds biggest commercial property valuers over their INDEPENDENT valuation of our stadium?

(b) tried to overrule a firm of INDEPENDENT auditors over their application of accounting/auditing standards when auditing our accounts?

(c) overruled an INDEPENDENT disciplinary commission who has ruled on our case?

(d) trying to override the advice of the insolvency practitioners handling our administration?

Lets be clear here, the EFL are not the reason why we ended up where we are, that falls at the feet of MM and SP.

However, do any of the above give you the impression that they are acting in the interests of us as one of their members?

Had they taken any note of a, b or c above, so just one out of 3 independent professionals we would most likely not be where we are now.

Even if they chose to ignore all 3 they could have quite easily hit us with a punishment of some sort and moved on.

But now it is blatantly obvious that they want more. Relegation or liquidation, I'm not sure which they crave and all because our once owner had the audacity to highlight what a poor job they are doing for their members.

Their current actions are literally putting the existence of our club in jeopardy and somehow you still seem to want to absolve them of any blame, its utterly bizarre.

36 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

If I recall (Ready to be proved wrong...) Didn't we have to initially show proof of funds to show we could keep ticking over until January? (Presumably on the assumption that we'd be sorted by now?)

Now we are asked for proof of funds to last until the end of season, does this come with a deadline?  When does this proof need to be in and accepted?  Admins hint at "a few weeks".  Do we have "a few weeks"? 

What is the likelihood that a certain date could bring about an EFL statement stating that we have failed to provide the required proof of funds "on time", and that our season is to be ceased with immediate effect?  

?‍♂️

Or that they have made another rule where they can apply a further 9 points penalty on DCFC to make it a round 30 points with the other 3 suspended.

I am certain they will create another nonsense rule to relegate us should the team have a fantastic run of results and look like avoiding their preferred relegation of us.