The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Kind of nothing new really.

It's the money runs out and exclusively ending that is more of a concern.

Unless CK starts loaning as a bridge until the deal is done.

I just hope we don't get a situation of Ashley gazumping cK whilst cK is still trying to get his deal through.

I can't be hypocritical. Ashley would be my preference. Kirchners come in now as the deal as it stands suits him.  Ashley will be the same but with more clear assets.  Both have let the embers of the season burn to the end to consider a deal. As it stands Kirchners in the driving seat and things are moving so hopefully it's concluded asap but realistically it could be an extension of exclusivity for a longer period and finding some funding for wages in the short term.  I also find it a bit uncomfortable that the manager seems to have so much opinion on who the correct person moving forward should be of late.  I've not seen it before at other clubs.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I can't be hypocritical. Ashley would be my preference. Kirchners come in now as the deal as it stands suits him.  Ashley will be the same but with more clear assets.  Both have let the embers of the season burn to the end to consider a deal. As it stands Kirchners in the driving seat and things are moving so hopefully it's concluded asap but realistically it could be an extension of exclusivity for a longer period and finding some funding for wages in the short term.  I also find it a bit uncomfortable that the manager seems to have so much opinion on who the correct person moving forward should be of late.  I've not seen it before at other clubs.

Because he knows the people involved and their experience in the game?

Why would Ashley be your preference out of an option of Kirchner or no club?

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mel-morris-derby-county-takeover-7039846

“This was Mel Morris’s problem. He could afford to compete, was blocked from competing, threatened with points loss for competing and eventually thought **** this for a game of soldiers, I’m out I’m not defending him one bit, but have major sympathy with our championship clubs, who fight year after year, lose money year after year, trying to compete.

“Parachutes are destroying our @EFL, setting owners against owners, club against club, EFL against both and vice versa.

Edited by Curtains
Altered

6 minutes ago, curb said:

Because he knows the people involved and their experience in the game?

Why would Ashley be your preference out of an option of Kirchner or no club?

That'[s not what I said at all.

. As it stands Kirchners in the driving seat and things are moving so hopefully it's concluded asap

33 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

If you go on the website below, you'll be able to track any flight in the world

https://www.flightradar24.com/51.5,-0.12/6

Yeah, ta, I contribute to FR24 (and others) but they mask the serials of many private jets - You can see them on a couple of other platforms, if you're looking globally ADSB Exchange is a good one, in the UK/Europe 360Radar (paid app).

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Yep, this happened right from the start of Kirchners initial interest.

Very odd, especially given the closeness with the managers agent. You’d have thought he’d have toned it down.

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mel-morris-derby-county-takeover-7039846

“This was Mel Morris’s problem. He could afford to compete, was blocked from competing, threatened with points loss for competing and eventually thought **** this for a game of soldiers, I’m out I’m not defending him one bit, but have major sympathy with our championship clubs, who fight year after year, lose money year after year, trying to compete.

“Parachutes are destroying our @EFL, setting owners against owners, club against club, EFL against both and vice versa.

The journalism doesn't get any better does it?

Starts with the words "Accrington Stanley chairman Andy Holt has stuck up for former Derby County chief Mel Morris"

Then quotes Andy Holt directly as saying "I’m not defending him one bit"

Literally the opposite of what the strapline says

Just now, Stive Pesley said:

Starts with the words "Accrington Stanley chairman Andy Holt has stuck up for former Derby County chief Mel Morris"

Holt is right though Parachute payments are a disgrace.

6 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Terrible journalism. In fact it's an insult to proper journo's to call that journalism. If he used the phrase "second-tier side" one more time, I swear....

Edited by Sheff Ram

Not surprised by this latest news based on what I heard this morning re:stadium. I don’t know anything other than it’s not straightforward and won’t be sorted out quickly, and that Ashley’s people are still very much in the background talking to local stakeholders. Q won’t talk to them as CK is preferred until the weekend.

As far as I’m concerned it’s over to CK now, he’s made the stadium a condition, does he stick to his position or does he soften it and work towards a pragmatic conclusion. Going to be an interesting few days but it’s another curveball we didn’t want. Blame Q all you want - this is down to one person. 

So for the past few days the owner-elect, CK, has been sounding increasingly confident that "the deal is nearly done".

He was coming over for the EFL rubber stamping but then said he was apparently not needed at a "behind closed doors meeting".

Next we hear from Percy that the EFL still have concerns that need to be addressed.

We have suspected for a while that Percy is being leaked information from the EFL but it now appears, given CK's earlier confidence, that Percy is getting the information even before CK hears it. If that really is the case, then it is beyond appalling.

And, if they need things to be addressed, why not invite him to their goddam meeting??  ?

Sheesh. If the EFL scupper this deal, I really hope CK blows the lid of that corrupt, incompetent organization.

Not fit for purpose. 

3 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Parachute payments are the football equivalent of "Golden Goodbyes" in the general business world, nothing more than a reward for failure.

Joe Bloggs on the shop-floor flucks-up, he gets sacked. The Chief Exec flucks-up and he gets paid-off, go figure.

Are you feeling even more left wing than normal today with this and your earlier comment about Boris/Mel? 

Anyone would think there are some kind of elections going on today. ?

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Not surprised by this latest news based on what I heard this morning re:stadium. I don’t know anything other than it’s not straightforward and won’t be sorted out quickly, and that Ashley’s people are still very much in the background talking to local stakeholders. Q won’t talk to them as CK is preferred until the weekend.

As far as I’m concerned it’s over to CK now, he’s made the stadium a condition, does he stick to his position or does he soften it and work towards a pragmatic conclusion. Going to be an interesting few days but it’s another curveball we didn’t want. Blame Q all you want - this is down to one person. 

Push ahead with the deal and ground share with Notts County.