The Administration Thread

Boycie

On one side there’s a lot red flags with Kirchner and the way he approached things last time, along with Rooney championing his bid which didn’t sit right at all.

On the other the side we have to be grateful for any potential owner willing to step into this mess.

We’ll see

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think id be alright with the 15 points being deducted this season. It wont take away from what the players & staff have done for the club this season & they will know as well as any new incoming signings will know we have a far better chance of bouncing straight back up starting on 0 points than another season on minus points. 

Yes we have a slight chance still now but it is a very slim chance. Start from scratch next season, from 0 points, id have been happy with that offer 6 months ago so wont moan at it now.

I agree here. If Reading win their game in hand this week it'll be 9 points with 6 to go. Meaning we've got to win at least 3 out of 6 to have any chance and even that would mean we'd need Reading to lose all 6.

I can't see us winning 3 out of the last 6 game. Realistically Reading will win at least 2. Meaning we'd need 5 wins minimum and we aren't doing that.

If Reading beat Stoke at home this week then any slim chance we have is gone.

If we're gonna get -15 points taken off us then it might as well be now. Sweep this god awful season under the rug and give ourselves the best chance of getting out of league one next season.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Why can't they cough up a few more to satisfy the creditors. I never thought we would be liquidated anyway. But to rush through this deal and accept another -15 is awful. What's going on with the stadium, is he paying for that too?

I can't answer your questions but I don’t think the deal is rushed. The deal would be the very epitome of 'in the nick of time'.

1 minute ago, StrawHillRam said:

And we don’t have to worry about any more results this season. team  and fans  on the beach.

We can only wait and see what happens, at least we take a step forward (I hope it’s forward) from the twilight zone we’ve been in since Mel put us into Administration ????

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Why can't they cough up a few more to satisfy the creditors. I never thought we would be liquidated anyway. But to rush through this deal and accept another -15 is awful. What's going on with the stadium, is he paying for that too?

So you would rather they risk trying to stay up this season, start next season on -15 regardless of season and try to bring in a whole squad with that point deduction in place over us knowing we start next season in League 1 on 0 points and in a better position to bring players in, with an owner with a bit more money in the bank to support the rebuild?

If Garry Cook is still to be involved - as he was reported to be both in Derby and Preston attempts - then I'll be fairly confident about CK. 

Yes, he runs his mouth a bit on Twitter, but he's American, and in football ownership terms, quite young. I'm sure he'll wise up about being quite so vocal, but then again, fans love that about some other owners - Peterborough and Accrington Stanley, for example.

While he wouldn't be my first choice, neither would MA. That said, if there's a Derby County to support next season, all power to him. As long as there's the money to build a squad. And I'd be a bit less worried about the academy side too.

I have no idea why the EFL would agree to deduct another 15 points now, so it leaves us with a clean slate next season. We’re very likely to be relegated without any more  deductions, and even still, if we stayed up and had -15 with further restrictions on who we can bring in, we’ll be more likely to lose players and suffer another long season battling the impossible. I genuinely think we’d be in a stronger position as a Club if we started clean in League One, than with a points deduction & more restrictions in the Championship.

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Every credible article so far has said "Derby County are facing the prospect of another heavy points deduction next season, as the club's administrators prepare to finally name a preferred bidder."

So why in the sun have they decided it's going to be this season. I don't get what's changed.

In effect we are getting relegated with a -15 deduction this season and with a squad that knows each other. 

Who wants to go through all this poo again next season?

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I agree here. If Reading win their game in hand this week it'll be 9 points with 6 to go. Meaning we've got to win at least 3 out of 6 to have any chance and even that would mean we'd need Reading to lose all 6.

I can't see us winning 3 out of the last 6 game. Realistically Reading will win at least 2. Meaning we'd need 5 wins minimum and we aren't doing that.

If Reading beat Stoke at home this week then any slim chance we have is gone.

If we're gonna get -15 points taken off us then it might as well be now. Sweep this god awful season under the rug and give ourselves the best chance of getting out of league one next season.

Does not mean reading will win the game does a win on saturday could down to 3 points from safety.

11 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

If this is true then I think it's absolutely crap. Another points deduction especially added on to this season confirming our relegation would be absolutely devastating. I hope it's not true.

Are you paying 50 million for derby? No I don’t think you are. If you had 50 million would you buy derby unless your just happy chucking money down a drain they maybe. The club is not worth 50 million it’s simple. Buyers will offer less to get more money thrown into the stadium which is the main asset you want. Unfortunately this is the mess the former incompetent owner left and thankfully someone is picking up the pieces. We should be happy to still have a club after the mess we’ve been left 

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

So you would rather they risk trying to stay up this season, start next season on -15 regardless of season and try to bring in a whole squad with that point deduction in place over us knowing we start next season in League 1 on 0 points and in a better position to bring players in, with an owner with a bit more money in the bank to support the rebuild?

I don't think the situation is as binary as that. I'd rather the creditors get paid the minimum to meet the EFL requirements. I'd rather we pulled off the great escape. A 36 point deduction in one season is just appalling. I've never seen anything like it. duck Mel Morris and duck the EFL.

4 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

If Garry Cook is still to be involved - as he was reported to be both in Derby and Preston attempts - then I'll be fairly confident about CK. 

Yes, he runs his mouth a bit on Twitter, but he's American, and in football ownership terms, quite young. I'm sure he'll wise up about being quite so vocal, but then again, fans love that about some other owners - Peterborough and Accrington Stanley, for example.

While he wouldn't be my first choice, neither would MA. That said, if there's a Derby County to support next season, all power to him. As long as there's the money to build a squad. And I'd be a bit less worried about the academy side too.

Darragh Mac Anthony does it for posh and most fans love him from other clubs. Wants it becomes accustomed it will be nice to be kept in the lurch especially after not hearing from mad Mel for 4 years 

2 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Are you paying 50 million for derby? No I don’t think you are. If you had 50 million would you buy derby unless your just happy chucking money down a drain they maybe. The club is not worth 50 million it’s simple. Buyers will offer less to get more money thrown into the stadium which is the main asset you want. Unfortunately this is the mess the former incompetent owner left and thankfully someone is picking up the pieces. We should be happy to still have a club after the mess we’ve been left 

I know the club isn't worth that and I know it doesn't make any business sense. The situation is awful and I'm still frustrated about it. It's all Mel's fault and if he just gave the stadium to the club or accepted a hit then I reckon the creditors would be paid off.