The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

...And Percy confirming the penalty is “up to 15 points”… so could be nothing. 

It's interesting for sure and I don't know how that would work. I wonder if this is down to an adjudication on the perception of how much of your failure is down to just trying to screw people over vs our situation where frankly we are just worth feck all because we don't even have a ground, so factors beyond your control. I guess there isn't much precedent to go on to judge how they'd see it.

9 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

The article doesn’t make sense, the final bids had to be in by last Friday and Q said they would select the PB from those submissions. If MA didn’t submit a bid and there are still two bidders then surely he has missed the boat.

The time for financial game playing has long past.

I still think no one has the inside track on Qs dealings, once Q tell the EFL the EFL will leak the information as they have done in the past.

7 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

So Q haven’t talked to MA for two months, who the duck are they talking too then? Absolute charlatans 

don't you dare bring one of my all time favourite bands into this! 

Joking aside, who legislates/audits the Administrators? How would someone discover/uncover/identify a 'criminal', 'dodgy' etc Administrator? Not for any second suggesting any administrators are such. But in the same way shady accountants are uncovered, surely shady admins exist?

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Their day rate and how they go about getting paid once liquidation hits?

Quick question, if the club gets liquidated, Q won’t get paid either will they?

I think they need to take some of the blame for stringing this whole situation out.

Time to sharpen their pencils I think.

Just now, Boycie said:

I think they need to take some of the blame for stringing this whole situation out.

I’m pretty sure Q will get paid. If there was a risk that administrators didn’t get paid then there would probably be a shortage of practitioners offering their services.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

don't you dare bring one of my all time favourite bands into this! 

Joking aside, who legislates/audits the Administrators? How would someone discover/uncover/identify a 'criminal', 'dodgy' etc Administrator? Not for any second suggesting any administrators are such. But in the same way shady accountants are uncovered, surely shady admins exist?

The Administrators are officers of the court and as such they have legal duties and responsibilities to fulfil. 

29 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

I do understand the 'Lets just wait and see because there is nothing that you can do about it' argument, but like many on here my optimism is fading fast and I can't help but to fear the worst. The survival or oblivion of our club is an emotive business and people worry a lot about stuff that means a great deal to them and I know that I for one am really struggling to stay positive about the likely outcome.

I suspect that many folks view this in the same way that people traveling in an aeroplane who can smell burning and have noticed that the ground is a lot closer than it was might do. Of course it could just be that you are about to land safely in Majorca and someone smoking in the loo but you might just as well be that your plane has an engine on fire and you are heading for an emergency landing amongst the fire engines. When you are sat on that plane its not difficult to look at the worst case.

What choices do you have if  the plane engine is indeed actually on fire?

Strap  in and wait for the plane to crash

that’s what we’re doing here whilst Q are having a crafty fag or two in the loo

Edited by StrawHillRam

Drained and confused by it all at this point.

The recent speculation and media reports, for a start the figure for the stadium has been public knowledge for a while now, the asking price is to cover the MSD loans. Can only assume lack of any news the Daily Mail have found an old toy from the back of the sofa to chew on again.

I say that as we’ve had a week of one of the craziest rumours to have graced this forum being ran with and discussed. Why on earth would Mel put the club into administration, pick up a points deduction, watch the club lose it’s assets, to then be interested in buying the club back again?

Makes absolutely zero sense, could you imagine the reception he would receive on entering Pride Park again? He clearly reached breaking point to put the club into administration, there hasn’t exactly been any kind of support for him to rethink his decision and return.

Back in the real world, it would appear that Quantuma are holding out for a deal which would see us avoid a -15 points deduction next season. Fair enough, we would all like that I’m sure. 

It’s a gamble though, a gamble on our existence, why are they so confident of achieving that when it’s now being reported that the man who they were close to doing a deal in December that would satisfy the EFL has been blanked for 2 months? 

Since then we’ve seen more players leave, staff made redundant where the £5m deposit of a preferred bidder could have potentially prevented any of that from happening.

Each day Quantuma’s fees will be adding up, pushing the overall cost of the club higher and higher, which you would assume push those away that are looking to take the club on with a -15 deduction next season.

I’m also struggling to wrap my head around those bids, willing to take on a -15 deduction, that’s a big deduction for a club that will have to rebuild, do they have the funds to avoid that deduction and rebuild? If not, there is question marks over the funding of the club going forward.

I have no preferred bidder, but it would appear that the solution now would be for Quantuma to pick up the phone, get Mike Ashley and his representatives into a room, order a few pizzas in and thrash out a deal. Whilst he may not be a universally popular choice, we’re at the stage where he appears to be the only credible bidder in that he can satisfy the EFL and have the funds to rebuild the club. 

We are well beyond the time where we can be picky and anyone that can save this club should be welcomed with open arms at this point.

We also have a small matter of a football match on Saturday, morale needs to be lifted on and off the field for the final push if we are to have any hope in somehow achieving the impossible.

12 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Allegedly Q have allocated the whole of next weekend to pencil- sharpening.

Anybody got a sharp knife they can borrow?

10 minutes ago, David said:

Drained and confused by it all at this point.

The recent speculation and media reports, for a start the figure for the stadium has been public knowledge for a while now, the asking price is to cover the MSD loans. Can only assume lack of any news the Daily Mail have found an old toy from the back of the sofa to chew on again.

I say that as we’ve had a week of one of the craziest rumours to have graced this forum being ran with and discussed. Why on earth would Mel put the club into administration, pick up a points deduction, watch the club lose it’s assets, to then be interested in buying the club back again?

Makes absolutely zero sense, could you imagine the reception he would receive on entering Pride Park again? He clearly reached breaking point to put the club into administration, there hasn’t exactly been any kind of support for him to rethink his decision and return.

Back in the real world, it would appear that Quantuma are holding out for a deal which would see us avoid a -15 points deduction next season. Fair enough, we would all like that I’m sure. 

It’s a gamble though, a gamble on our existence, why are they so confident of achieving that when it’s now being reported that the man who they were close to doing a deal in December that would satisfy the EFL has been blanked for 2 months? 

Since then we’ve seen more players leave, staff made redundant where the £5m deposit of a preferred bidder could have potentially prevented any of that from happening.

Each day Quantuma’s fees will be adding up, pushing the overall cost of the club higher and higher, which you would assume push those away that are looking to take the club on with a -15 deduction next season.

I’m also struggling to wrap my head around those bids, willing to take on a -15 deduction, that’s a big deduction for a club that will have to rebuild, do they have the funds to avoid that deduction and rebuild? If not, there is question marks over the funding of the club going forward.

I have no preferred bidder, but it would appear that the solution now would be for Quantuma to pick up the phone, get Mike Ashley and his representatives into a room, order a few pizzas in and thrash out a deal. Whilst he may not be a universally popular choice, we’re at the stage where he appears to be the only credible bidder in that he can satisfy the EFL and have the funds to rebuild the club. 

We’re are well beyond the time where we can be picky and anyone that can save this club should be welcomed with open arms at this point.

We also have a small matter of a football match on Saturday, morale needs to be lifted on and off the field for the final push if we are to have any hope in somehow achieving the impossible.

The ITKers and the “Journalist” are simply producing words that have no basis in fact and stirring the pot.

The EFL will leak the deal/problems soon I’m sure.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

8 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Allegedly Q have allocated the whole of next weekend to pencil- sharpening.

Anybody got a sharp knife they can borrow?

Offers of pencils to be in by 5pm Friday, and they’ll muse over the knives over the weekend.

33 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Think MA’s issue is with Mel over the price of the stadium. Ashley is probably happy to put the bare minimum in for us to comply with the EFL criteria but probs want ‘Derby fan’ Mel to take a significant hit. Q either can’t or won’t get Mel to see sense so here we are 3 months later with no progress made.

Exactly what makes sense to me. Ashley has named his price but said he expects Mel to throw in the stadium, seeing as he is the huge Derby fan who got them into this mess.

Administrators have been scratching round looking at other options and hoping that will force his hand, but all are complicated arrangements and not cash-rich like Ashley.

Mel is pushing them to hang-on for a better offer elsewhere, whilst Ashley stays firm waiting in the wings, saying he doesn't care what happens if Mel doesn't back down.