The Administration Thread

Boycie

13 minutes ago, Yani P said:

He set himself up as sole owner, that was the way he wanted it - therefore of course he is 100% responsible for where we are now - he took the cowards way out and threw our club under a bus.

it’s a truth universally acknowledged, that a man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a ‘community asset’ and - if he buys it - that he is morally responsible to ensure it does not diminish in value during his tenure. 

Problem is, if MM had said to us: I’m going to chuck £200 m at the club because that’s what’s needed to rise above the parachute corps...   most of us would have said, God bless you you are our saviour. 

And if he’d also said to us, don’t forget I’ve never run a football club, I don’t know how to delegate and I’m not a great judge of character, most of us would have said, let’s go for it anyway 

All credit to those who said along the way, this is too much risk. But there weren’t many: most of us enjoyed the big signings, Frank, mason Mount, the Leeds game etc etc, even Rooney 

26 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You could have left it at this 

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

You missed Joinergate (Keogh again).

Not sure what numerous errors Q has made. Or what PL is . EFL is to blame not only for failure to deal with Gibbo but also failure to deal with Morris (except retrospectively which actually only made things worse) . 

Yeah, Joinersgate 10%. Sorry

PL is for parachute lunacy, promised land...

As for Q’s performance, just reflect on that first uplifting press conference. It reveals they had little understanding of what the challenges were despite having manoeuvred themselves into position through detailed advice to MSD and MM 

It’s undeniable that the only way for the EFL to deal with MM and the ‘benefactor model’ is through application of their rules, as advised by their lawyers. But you’ve written, how many posts criticising their efforts to do so ?? 

3 hours ago, Ramifications said:

Ask yourself the following. If you were Mike Ashley with all the terrible poo going on in Ukraine and the possibility of escalation, would you want to invest your hard earned in potentially a League One football club? 

Absolutely not. 

The cash he's bilked out of struggling companys pension funds at the stroke of a lawyers pen tho.... 

?

18 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yeah, Joinersgate 10%. Sorry

PL is for parachute lunacy, promised land...

As for Q’s performance, just reflect on that first uplifting press conference. It reveals they had little understanding of what the challenges were despite having manoeuvred themselves into position through detailed advice to MSD and MM 

It’s undeniable that the only way for the EFL to deal with MM and the ‘benefactor model’ is through application of their rules, as advised by their lawyers. But you’ve written, how many posts criticising their efforts to do so ?? 

MM is to blame for almost everything that went wrong with DCFC (except for Joinersgate which was totally outside of his control really). No use blaming Lampard for his poo signings etc.. Morris appointed Lampard, so the buck stops with him.

By the same token, the buck stops with EFL for every failing to do with their rules. they made the rules. If there are loopholes that's their fault. If they allowed the stadium sale and the amortisaton method but then changed their minds that's their fault. Everything EFL has done has been wrong. Consistently.   The way they brief the press is pretty corrupt.. today speculation of how  a vote on Derby's liquidation might work ...briefing  Nixon , Percy and often misinformation,  that sort of thing boils my pish.

Q's failing is in managing expectations. But that doesn't really make any difference to the outcome. We are not in this mess because of Quantuma.       

On 11/03/2022 at 23:02, kevinhectoring said:

Unrealistic to expect Ashley to have bought us before the window closed (as @ollycutts1982suggested) because the vile Gibbo claim was still ongoing 

I do realise that, however the Gibson issue has been resolved through negotiation. This negotiation could just have easily taken place before the transfer deadline. It's not so complicated, if there are forward thinking professionals involved in the process.

4 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Possibly the reason he came back to "sort Gibson out" was that it was against him and not the club,there is a possibility MM didn't want his dirty washing aired in public which it would have if it had got as far as court hearings.

That could apply to gibson also, we dont know the outcome of the meeting, perhaps gibson has got dirty washing  also.

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Problem is, if MM had said to us: I’m going to chuck £200 m at the club because that’s what’s needed to rise above the parachute corps...   most of us would have said, God bless you you are our saviour. 

And if he’d also said to us, don’t forget I’ve never run a football club, I don’t know how to delegate and I’m not a great judge of character, most of us would have said, let’s go for it anyway.

Hmm. I think most of us would have said: 'Great, gamble as much of your personal fortune as you want, just make sure you keep enough back to settle your debts without ruining the club.'

We aren't facing extinction because Morris spent so much money, so fruitlessly, chasing his dream. We are in a mess because he wouldn't or couldn't spend the money to fix what he so spectacularly broke.

Fans couldn't really be expected to know how much money he had (or didn't have) and can't really be blamed for taking him at his word - it's not like he ever gave the impression he was racking up unpayable debts from which he'd just walk away (with the stadium in his pocket to boot).

Edited by vonwright

5 hours ago, alram said:

Q shouldnt have put the club in a position where the league we are in is relevant

any amount we cost in this league will be the same as us being in league one had we sold assets and not taken loans out to see the season. we have borrowed the same amount PLUS INTEREST that the tv revenues would be.

the biggest failure of Q has been they have not made the club cheaper to buy, in doing so it is highly unlikely we will find a buyer

a disaster scenario is we go down and still have all those loans we took out to pay

Or when we stay up in which I think we will do so.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

MM is to blame for almost everything that went wrong with DCFC (except for Joinersgate which was totally outside of his control really). No use blaming Lampard for his poo signings etc.. Morris appointed Lampard, so the buck stops with him.

I’m going to pop my head above the parapet and say I do lay some blame for Joinersgate at Morris’ door, did at the time and do now. Also for how the fallout was handled.

I remember thinking how it wasn’t the way I wanted the club to be perceived publicly when all the videos came out of them all hammered in the toilets etc, and how it was inherently linked to the culture Morris had allowed to grow within the club on the back of the Lampard season. Don’t get me wrong, I was naively loving the Lampard season at the time of it all, and I know the Joiners incident was under Cocu, but it just felt like a hangover (poor pun) from what had happened the season before with the sort of rowdy, party vibe, and it set alarm bells ringing for me as it seemed very at odds with Cocu’s personal demeanour and what he probably expected of his team. 

However I guess it’s all a moot point, the past is done, can’t change it. Just got to hope for some good news regarding the clubs future this week. 

1 hour ago, europia said:

I do realise that, however the Gibson issue has been resolved through negotiation. This negotiation could just have easily taken place before the transfer deadline. It's not so complicated, if there are forward thinking professionals involved in the process.

But don’t you think Gibbo wanted to wreck our transfer window ? 

10 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m going to pop my head above the parapet and say I do lay some blame for Joinersgate at Morris’ door, did at the time and do now. Also for how the fallout was handled.

I remember thinking how it wasn’t the way I wanted the club to be perceived publicly when all the videos came out of them all hammered in the toilets etc, and how it was inherently linked to the culture Morris had allowed to grow within the club on the back of the Lampard season. Don’t get me wrong, I was naively loving the Lampard season at the time of it all, and I know the Joiners incident was under Cocu, but it just felt like a hangover (poor pun) from what had happened the season before with the sort of rowdy, party vibe, and it set alarm bells ringing for me as it seemed very at odds with Cocu’s personal demeanour and what he probably expected of his team. 

However I guess it’s all a moot point, the past is done, can’t change it. Just got to hope for some good news regarding the clubs future this week. 

I feel joiners gate was the product of Mel creating a culture where players failed to take responsibility. Too many people having an easy time of it. Was my concern at least 5 years ago. 

Anyway, I feel the players and the staff need a boost, some positive news before our next game could be the spark. Too much emotional baggage and we need to lighten the load. 

1 hour ago, Ramifications said:

Actually, I was disappointed Chris Kirchner didn't acquire the club last year. He seemed to have passion and drive. Wayne seemed to like him too. 

I liked him too.

Wasn't phased by League 1 "here for the long term", would keep the academy, actually came to games and took an interest.

So he shot his mouth off out of frustration. We've all done that.

Come back Chris, forget Preston.

If it was going to have been resolved it would have happened by now. I'm sick to the back teeth of the whole saga and can only commend the staff and players as they continually prove to be a credit to the community.

Mel is 100% to blame for everything and Q completely incompetent. Thus shambles will not get resolved until we are mathematically relegated at the earliest. 

............and dont get me started on Parry and the EFL....