The Administration Thread

Boycie

17 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

A day as important as any in our history. Think we all knew we were on the brink but having had so many near misses & given how long the entire process had dragged, it feels magical to finally have closure.

The suffering this fanbase has had to experience for the sum total of one Championship playoff final defeat has been an absolute disgrace, particularly set against the blatant cheating from some of our peers who fluked the promotion we couldn't. Well done all for keeping sane during what has to rank as the most unfathomable combination of vindictiveness & incompetence experienced by a club of our stature. The fact we not only kept going but rallied in the face of such adversity just shows how bloody strong this club & its fanbase are.

Thank you David Clowes. As you rightly said in your incredibly humble & impressive opening statement, words are cheap & you want to be judged by your actions. And the fact is that by your actions, you have saved this football club & acted like the true DCFC fan you are. Whilst the majority of us will remember this when times are tough, lets be sure to remind the sack 'em all now/where's the ambition/celebrity obsessed berks that we seem to have amongst our number where we would be without him.

Oh, and to Quantuma, the EFL, Mel Morris, Steve Gibson, the other parasite & all the charming tinpot oppo fans who revelled in our misery last season. There's a lot of comeuppance coming down the track for most of you - I can't wait to see it

image.png.a86ac457d83948adab252df235403191.png

Great post. Sums it up perfectly. Time for another G&T.

Massive thank you from me to all of you lot on this forum. This club has impacted my mood, it's given me highs and lows over the last 18 months but you lot have always cheered me up.

I've thought about binning this forum off, I've thought about binning football off entirely. 

Two things changed my mind, taking my three year old daughter to a couple of games last season (she loved it and the thought of not being able to do that again was a killer), and this forum.

Perversely, it's all sparked the love of it all in me again and I cant wait to see where we go from here.

Thanks everyone. Me and my little one look forwards to attending games for years to come.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

10 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

“As a private person I did not want the publicity and would prefer to remain an anonymous supporter watching from my usual seat. However, if that is the price to secure the future of the club then so be it”

This statement says it all. We are so lucky to have David Clowes as a supporter of his club. He may have done it reluctantly but he’s saved us. He may not stay around long but he will do the right thing by us, stablise us and if he cannot take us forward he will sell to someone who can. But that’s tomorrow. 

We are forever indebted to him. This guy needs to be given freedom of the city, Pride Park stadium also needs to be named after him, he also deserves a statue. David Clowes will go down as one of the most important people in this clubs history. 

Agree with everything you say. But I think there’s a fair chance he will make money. He deserves to, though it’s sad creditors have lost out 

21 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

“As a private person I did not want the publicity and would prefer to remain an anonymous supporter watching from my usual seat. However, if that is the price to secure the future of the club then so be it”

This statement says it all. We are so lucky to have David Clowes as a supporter of his club. He may have done it reluctantly but he’s saved us. He may not stay around long but he will do the right thing by us, stablise us and if he cannot take us forward he will sell to someone who can. But that’s tomorrow. 

We are forever indebted to him. This guy needs to be given freedom of the city, Pride Park stadium also needs to be named after him, he also deserves a statue. David Clowes will go down as one of the most important people in this clubs history. 

Sums it up perfectly for me. 

I’d shout it from the rooftops if I wasn’t currently in Nottingham city centre!

4 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

From the bottom of my heart thanks DC. 

Also, thanks to each and every member of this forum. Through this whole mess the support and comradeship has been great. I don’t know how I would have got through this without coming on here whether is was for @RoyMac5’s updates, @admira’s daily games and the mods for keeping it all in order. 

Now let’s get some players in and prepare for what will be a very tough season. Let’s remember in the hard times going forward where we’ve come from. UTR

No worries. I’ll keep them coming!