The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Stoke on the other hand, almost all their fans can sit on Cacti as far as I am concerned.

Stoke is definitely a case of “little man” syndrome. Never won anything and surrounded by footballing neighbours who have. Even Leicester are on the board now, but Stoke, nope, still sh*te.

5 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

I'd add Birmingham for their fans' behaviour at PPS last season.

Massive problems of their own, protesting about their owner etc yet still (en-masse) sing the song about us dying, then at the end of the game start throwing things (including a metal e-cig which could have caused serious damage) at us.

Absolute scum. Peaky blinder wannabe t****.

?

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't want any set of fans to go through what we have gone through. 

Angie afraid i wish for some of these toxic clubs to suffer, the press also have been toxic over this period of time.

Will Mel send the EFL a writ when this is all over and he has nothing to do with the club, certainly hope so, will be good to see Parry and fit for purpose Ridsdale along with the rest squirm and have to answer the questions which we all have been asking, this cannot be swept under the carpet.

36 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not even Stoke? They deserve some pain surely! 

For me I don't think of other fans, I have no interest of other fans, Those that sang "we're gonna party when Derby die" are about as thick as they come.

Not a droplet of a tear will I spill if one of those people who savaged us on social media, Sung about us dying, Or stole money from us with outlandish charges of foul play...go Bust!

32 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

My educated guess would be the Locko family for the lease of Moor Farm.

Otherwise, we're gifting Wycombe Wanderers a car park extension.

I think what Nixon meant to say was "No, I have no idea, but happy to guess and pretend its true - is that ok for you?"

Come to think of it, has he EVER said "No. I have no idea"? - I'm sure that would be a collector's piece. 

1 minute ago, Phuket Ram said:

I think what Nixon meant to say was "No, I have no idea, but happy to guess and pretend its true - is that ok for you?"

Come to think of it, has he EVER said "No. I have no idea"? - I'm sure that would be a collector's piece. 

Nixon is omnipresent, he's in all places at all times seeing all and hearing all and if he hasn't seen it or heard it he simply makes it up.

2 hours ago, LazloW said:

What I find most surprising about all this is how Mr Clowes has managed to persuade his board of directors (assuming there is one) that it’s a good idea for a decent sized developer to buy a failing football club (aka a money pit).
Maybe the company is set up so that he  makes all the decisions and the buck stops with him (I don’t know a lot about how private businesses like this are run), but even if this were the case, his accountants must be telling him it’s a risky business. Must be a very big fan to risk the family legacy! 
We’ve seen before how the siren-call of buying the club you support has seduced many a wealthy man and turned them poor. But they were - presumably- generally using their own money. This is a business buying the club. Might this mean a more sensible approach to expenditure (aka a few years of stabilisation and transition… which isn’t necessarily a bad thing)? 

I’m not knocking him; very grateful. Just surprising, is all.

Maybe the idea was just to own the stadium? It should fit in to their portfolio perfectly as it's basically a money making machine and the offer was 60 million discount.

I wouldn't be surprised that rest of is just a mission to save as a fan and the club part would be sold when we are stabilized.

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Re: the stadium, bear in mind that Clowes hasn't paid for the stadium, he's paid for the company that owns the stadium.

An important distinction when you'll have fans bleating on about 'but how is it worth £80m when he only paid £23m?'

Bit off topic but if he’s bought the company that owns the stadium does that mean all contracts such as food and beverage provisions continue? Or will he be able to get new people in? 

1 hour ago, Mihangel said:

Is that Talksport? Or something you read on Twitter that someone may have heard someone guessing at on Talksport?!?

DET quoting Jim White, let’s hope there’s some truth in it;

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-takeover-news-live-7168976

C87799D9-ED5B-44B9-A0D9-E5916056C7FE.jpeg

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I don't want any set of fans to go through what we have gone through. 

Completely agree.  And those fans that sang about having a party, etc, whilst it’s not nice and makes you angry we just have remember they are the minority and every club has them.  All the fans have some of those clubs I’ve spoken to over the last 9 months or so have genuinely wished us well and hope we survive.  At the end of the day, they need the rivalry and banter as it’s part of being a football supporter.