The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

I didn’t say best option, that will depend on who Wazza can bring in. Jack Stretton has pace and can cause major issues for defenders at this level. I’ve watched a lot of League 1/2 over the last few years and many defenders struggle to cope with pace.

Defenders in the Prem struggle against lightning fast strikers. But Stretton has looked slow when I have seen him play. More of a Chris Martin type striker.

5 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Not sure which games you've watched Stretton play but he certainly isn't a Chris Martin type!

if we're comparing him to recent Derby strikers, he looks most like Jack Marriott to me.  Mobile without being genuinely lightning fast, works hard, a decent finisher (although we maybe haven't seen it often enough), but not great at hold up play, and probably can't really play up front on his own.

Just now, duncanjwitham said:

if we're comparing him to recent Derby strikers, he looks most like Jack Marriott to me.  Mobile without being genuinely lightning fast, works hard, a decent finisher (although we maybe haven't seen it often enough), but not great at hold up play, and probably can't really play up front on his own.

What's his handicap though?

Hopefully we are moving close to a final bid being accepted. But this whole process has been so protracted and messy that I have fears that there are still more problems to overcome before this is concluded.

It seems incredible that the perpetrator of our insolvency is still in a key decision making position in regards to who will be allowed to complete the takeover. There have been concerns expressed in this thread, real or imagined, that Morris does not want Ashley to acquire the stadium. Morris appointed Q and they have no option but to deal with him as to the disposal of the stadium but Ashley has filed a claim against Q around how they have treated him in the process.

I just hope that Q are going to close the bidding process with complete transparency to ensure that any perceived grievance from any party to the bid is removed. Otherwise this runaway juggernaut is likely to continue rolling to the detriment of all of us who have our club's future at heart. It is time to firmly put the lid on this can of worms once and for all.

I hope I'm not falling into the trap of becoming a conspiracy theorist but we all need Q and Morris out of our lives as soon as possible. Having to suffer them is inhumane.

COYR

10 minutes ago, Taribo said:

as @Woodypeckerhas eluded to, we've only really seen Mel's side of the Sam Rush story, I'm not sure I completely trust everything Mel says......

Having said that I don't trust men with goatees

I was always impressed by Sam Rush in person but in terms of the deals we did, I was extremely disquieted that there was so much overlap between his agency and the club. The question seemed to be "Whose side was he on?" I don't know the answer.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I was always impressed by Sam Rush in person but in terms of the deals we did, I was extremely disquieted that there was so much overlap between his agency and the club. The question seemed to be "Whose side was he on?" I don't know the answer.

I think the answer was "Sam Rush" hence the epic fall out with MM (whose interest was, err, MM)

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

to be fair, they are one of the bigger agencies with a big share of players on their books, there could be some coincidence, but then, looking at the history of who those players might've been... Hmmm.

There's a disproportionate number of Range Rover drivers in the Premier League vs Peugeot 105/6/8 drivers. Hmmm.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

His own, money money, he was the highest paid CEO at that time, and he must have made a fair wedge from the over paid dross he signed from his agency, pray he does not show his face in Derby again.