The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, atherstoneram said:

You said if we sell a player the budget goes up, that may not be the case, selling a player takes the budget down. It doesn't mean we can offer more.

It means we will have more income. 

Income equals budget. 

We would save the wage which drops the budget but the fee of all those in contract should be higher than a year's wages. 

Anyone worrying about season ticket money being 'lost' I think will be reassured by Q that the funds will probably be held in Escrow. The funds will be held in a ring fenced account, and fed into the football club on a monthly (or more frequent) basis as fixtures are fulfilled.

Q's immediate priorities are to secure some short term funding, get season tickets available for sale, complete some commercial deals (sponsorship, etc.), to prove to the EFL in a business case that they will have sufficient funds available for the forthcoming season. Without that the EFL are not going to let us compete, and/or buy or loan players. IF Q thought Appleby or Ashley, or anyone, was able to complete the purchase in the next week or two I am sure they would go for it, but that is highly unlikely. Hence their priority given the fact the season is some 5 and a bit weeks away is to make sure that we have EFL give approval for us to play next season. Once they have that assurance then Q will put their energies again into seeing if some buyer will come forward with bids (and cash) acceptable to keep Morris/MSD/HMRC/EFL happy.

49 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Maybe. Asking a Government minister to investigate newspapers speculation to see if it’s true sounds like a waste of time to me. 

Inflation at 9%, Ukraine war, Train strike, Cost of living going through the roof, Tories struggling in the opinion polls, A lying PM with his cohorts, 148 MPs vote against their Prime minister, ECHR rules against sending people to Rwanda.

And there's more.

I'd be surprised if Kwarteng knew where Derby was or even heard of our City   

3 minutes ago, Phuket Ram said:

And to clear the debts and hand it over to someone who knows how to run the business. So clear the debts and hand it over…. Whatever is on the table now, is only going to go down from here on in - while the debts increase until there’s nothing on the table. The table belongs to MSD anyway… 

You said hand it over to whoever offers the most £'s but to hand it over to someone who knows how to run the business firstly they have to meet the administrators criteria for exiting administration. 

"So clear the debts and hand it over" what do you think the administrators have been and still are trying to do, it is not their fault if the debt is too high and nobody willing to pay it.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Reading between the lines, the infamous "you will be surprised how quickly things will happen" came in February IIRC. SO it sounded like Q were expecting to close a deal then, which having allegedly told Ashley he was PB in January you would expect would have been a deal with Ashley. Why Ashley didn't then complete in February is maybe for him to explain, it seems that is exactly what Q were expecting him to do.     

There are suggestions Ashley has tried to force q to reduce fees - that might have been a reason he was derailed 

Also quite possible that Stretford and Rooney somehow forced q to re-open discussions with CK. (it’s notable how little we have heard from Rooney)

We’re now in the position where Q’s unpaid fees are so high they themselves have a conflict in continuing to act 

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Anyone worrying about season ticket money being 'lost' I think will be reassured by Q that the funds will probably be held in Escrow. The funds will be held in a ring fenced account, and fed into the football club on a monthly (or more frequent) basis as fixtures are fulfilled.

I believe that that is an EFL requirement for every club anyway - ST money is only supposed to be transferred to the main club account once a fixture has been fulfilled.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

It means we will have more income. 

Income equals budget. 

We would save the wage which drops the budget but the fee of all those in contract should be higher than a year's wages. 

At this time we don't have a budget for next season so i can't see how it equals more income, it may just means the budget drops.

12 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

The indefensiblely uncouth behaviour displayed within their fellowship upon their descent toward an establishment more comfortable with the more civilised citizens of the circumambient conurbation! 

Yes, I did use an online thesaurus to try to find more alliteratively attractive alternative words for 'surrounding' and 'areas'. I could not, however, find one for 'comfortable' which would have been a more appealing linguistic suitor. 

image.png.01ecd81c12cb2ded94668149ebb44cb8.png

6 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

You said hand it over to whoever offers the most £'s but to hand it over to someone who knows how to run the business firstly they have to meet the administrators criteria for exiting administration. 

"So clear the debts and hand it over" what do you think the administrators have been and still are trying to do, it is not their fault if the debt is too high and nobody willing to pay it.

We’ve just gone full circle… nobody is willing to pay what the admins want… so that’s where my comment started..

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

I believe that that is an EFL requirement for every club anyway - ST money is only supposed to be transferred to the main club account once a fixture has been fulfilled.

Perhaps Crewton, I am not sure. But an Administrator is not going to create potential liabilities for itself. It is against the law. Buying a season ticket is much safer for next season than it was when buying one when we were under Morris control during the Covid outbreak.

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Q's immediate priorities are to secure some short term funding, get season tickets available for sale, complete some commercial deals (sponsorship, etc.), to prove to the EFL in a business case that they will have sufficient funds available for the forthcoming season. Without that the EFL are not going to let us compete, and/or buy or loan players. IF Q thought Appleby or Ashley, or anyone, was able to complete the purchase in the next week or two I am sure they would go for it, but that is highly unlikely. Hence their priority given the fact the season is some 5 and a bit weeks away is to make sure that we have EFL give approval for us to play next season. Once they have that assurance then Q will put their energies again into seeing if some buyer will come forward with bids (and cash) acceptable to keep Morris/MSD/HMRC/EFL happy.

That's all well and good for the finance bods.

But what about the individuals?  The fans?

A number of them (on here and elsewhere) appear to be concerned about paying in full up front, only for the club to shut down part way through, and said individual/fan going straight to the foot of the ever-lengthening queue of creditors.  Even those using credit cards may not be covered by the card company, under the circumstances.  (I honestly don't know... check with your card issuer, folks!) 

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

There are suggestions Ashley has tried to force q to reduce fees - that might have been a reason he was derailed 

Also quite possible that Stretford and Rooney somehow forced q to re-open discussions with CK. (it’s notable how little we have heard from Rooney)

We’re now in the position where Q’s unpaid fees are so high they themselves have a conflict in continuing to act 

Rooney is currently abroad on holiday isn’t he? No doubt he’s getting updates (if there are any) but there’s probably isn’t much he can say right now. He’s probably hoping it will all be sorted (and Colleen will have won her case) by the time he gets back.

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

You do write some drivel at times Kev. Q's every action is under scrutiny. They are officers of the Court. They will not be influenced by anyone in fulfilling their legal duties, and they are obliged to report any conflicts of interest. Not sure why you have it in for Q as you do.  Has Andrew Hoskings knobbed your Mrs in the past?

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

You do write some drivel at times Kev. Q's every action is under scrutiny. They are officers of the Court. They will not be influenced by anyone in fulfilling their legal duties, and they are obliged to report any conflicts of interest. Not sure why you have it in for Q as you do.  Has Andrew Hoskings knobbed your Mrs in the past?

"... in the past"!

I saw what you did there!  Good one!  

At least we know why this admin crap is taking so long now!   ?

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

That's all well and good for the finance bods.

But what about the individuals?  The fans?

A number of them (on here and elsewhere) appear to be concerned about paying in full up front, only for the club to shut down part way through, and said individual/fan going straight to the foot of the ever-lengthening queue of creditors.  Even those using credit cards may not be covered by the card company, under the circumstances.  (I honestly don't know... check with your card issuer, folks!) 

I am getting out of here Mucker; the negativity of far too many is getting me down, indeed beginning to boil my piss. Q will make season tickets available with some assurance of fan protection I am certain of that. 

Up the Rams!

The crunch will come next week, the EFL will seek reassurance from the administrators that they have got a short term loan or offers for players to cover this months wages, if they can't raise a short term loan then i can see the EFL taking further action (not the 3 point deduction) and bring things to an end. We can't keep trading whilst insolvent.

It is not in anyones interest to let the debt keep rising.