The Administration Thread

Boycie

17 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Looks this way now unfortunately. Maybe a deal will be done to start AFC Derby County into League2. Everything practically the same except legally. No debts and acquired on the cheap. 

It’s already been said that won’t happen, if it came to it the EFL member clubs would overwhelmingly vote to kick us out the league. The reality of becoming a Phoenix club will be we’d have to negotiate our starting position somewhere in the non league. Becoming a Phoenix club in League 2 is just wishful thinking. 

Keeping what is becoming a carcass going by hook or by crook is the only option. If Qs statement is the reality of the situation and the reason they haven’t engaged with Appleby is the bid doesn’t satisfy the minimum EFL criteria for retaining golden share then I think a Bolton scenario is looking increasingly likely and next season will be the most painful in our 138 year history as we get relegated to our lowest point. I probably will get a season ticket but I will fully understand many even loyal supporters not, unless Rooney can somehow galvanise us again to defeat the odds, at least we won’t start on -15 points (for next season at least).

19 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Unless Quantuma have stipulated that all bids must remain confidential between them and the bidder (which wouldn't be unusual in any kind of bidding situation), they're free to send a copy of their bid (or at least the key points of it) to the EFL, which would possibly ramp up pressure on Quantuma. The broad principles of Appleby's bid have already apparently been leaked to EMT anyway, so if they've submitted a compliant bid, why not bring in the Regulator?

So it's either (i) no formal bid has been made (ii) Quantuma, and not the bidders, have stipulated that bids must remain confidential or (iii) they don't want the EFL to have the bid details because they don't trust them.

Maybe , but my first question was who told Ed Dawes this? Whoever it is there seems to be some pressure from someone to blame Q for things not progressing , so I suspect EFL or Appleby, as well as Ashley earlier. We have heard all this noise about "competitive bids" and teh like , but Q are in a better position to decide what is competitive, not the bidders themselves. They would say that wouldn't they?     

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Maybe , but my first question was who told Ed Dawes this? Whoever it is there seems to be some pressure from someone to blame Q for things not progressing , so I suspect EFL or Appleby, as well as Ashley earlier. We have heard all this noise about "competitive bids" and teh like , but Q are in a better position to decide what is competitive, not the bidders themselves. They would say that wouldn't they?     

Yes, that's what I was getting at - if a party is feeding the local media with titbits that are dressed up as genuine, why not advise the EFL too, unless clarity is not the objective? 

10 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

It’s already been said that won’t happen, if it came to it the EFL member clubs would overwhelmingly vote to kick us out the league. The reality of becoming a Phoenix club will be we’d have to negotiate our starting position somewhere in the non league. Becoming a Phoenix club in League 2 is just wishful thinking. 

Keeping what is becoming a carcass going by hook or by crook is the only option. If Qs statement is the reality of the situation and the reason they haven’t engaged with Appleby is the bid doesn’t satisfy the minimum EFL criteria for retaining golden share then I think a Bolton scenario is looking increasingly likely and next season will be the most painful in our 138 year history as we get relegated to our lowest point. I probably will get a season ticket but I will fully understand many even loyal supporters not, unless Rooney can somehow galvanise us again to defeat the odds, at least we won’t start on -15 points (for next season at least).

Money talks it may do 

Something has to be done to focus a few minds on the bigger picture here - seems some of the rich folk are still looking for a cut-price deal.....

Can it really be so hard for Q to set out the minimum amount that needs to be paid to meet each of the scenarios (2 years, 3 years, -15 points) and then set a deadline when the amount the potential buyers need to have submitted their final and best bid - whoever bids the largest amount wins. If no-one meets the lowest price (-15 points), then Q will begin liquidation proceedings. The alternative is that this farce staggers on for many more months with the occassional drip-feed of cash to pay the wages.....

25 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The future doesn’t appear promising we can only hope that “No News” is simply that “No News”, neither good nor bad, and not a portent.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

47 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

So now if the local guy doesn’t put the money in for this months wages they are turning to msd to cover it. So it’s too expensive now but let’s add another 1.6 Million on too it. At this rate the local consortium are going to have to team up with Appleby or something along these lines. 

One things for sure, if the June wage bill is £ 1.6m, from July onwards it'll drop to less than £500k per month once the contracts expire

It might even drop lower still

Before the Jan window we could have been bought and saved properly, had it not been for Gibson and the EFL ensuring that was impossible with the massive additional liability they hung over us. 

From February onwards Q must have set out the exact same minimum requirements  as in their statement. The only person who met them didn't actually have any money. Funny that. You're not getting a lot for your money - we are a vanity project. 

Since this time the value of the club to anyone has been sharply decreasing. If no one was prepared to bid want Q wanted in Feb, they're not going to do it now. 

Seems the only hope we have is someone will pay enough to keep us in existence with a 15 point penalty and (as a result) a fierce EFL-approved "business plan" for the next couple of seasons.

Grim times. 

31 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Surely if nobody could come up with the funds 6 months ago they aren’t going to be able too now? 

Unless AA has roped in a bigwig with a sizeable wallet.

If AA has, it would have been in motion now.

I fear we are ducked. Maybe it is for the best to put us out of our misery.

No one’s going to put up the money required to save us without penalties, theres hardly any value in the club as it’s been utterly trashed!

So now we enter the painful bit, where some very tough decisions are going to have to be made. 

DCFC wasn’t value for money several months ago and every month the situation significantly deteriorates!

Meanwhile Q seem to be waiting for the unicorn.

image.gif.0009a0fc0c90adf05c2a35cbf34f0082.gif

43 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Something has to be done to focus a few minds on the bigger picture here - seems some of the rich folk are still looking for a cut-price deal.....

Can it really be so hard for Q to set out the minimum amount that needs to be paid to meet each of the scenarios (2 years, 

What we need to appreciate is that there are 2 sets of "Rich Folk" supposedly interested in the club.

Set 1. The MA type, who are looking for a business opportunity and will only pay what they feel it's worth to them as an opportunity.

Set 2. The AA type, who have an affection for the club and don't want to see its demise. They either cant raise the cash, or have a strict limit. After all, they didn't really want to buy the club or they would have been at the table with a serious offer long ago. They just now want to try and save it.

This is how I see the current situation.

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Before the Jan window we could have been bought and saved properly, had it not been for Gibson and the EFL ensuring that was impossible with the massive additional liability they hung over us. 

From February onwards Q must have set out the exact same minimum requirements  as in their statement. The only person who met them didn't actually have any money. Funny that. You're not getting a lot for your money - we are a vanity project. 

Since this time the value of the club to anyone has been sharply decreasing. If no one was prepared to bid want Q wanted in Feb, they're not going to do it now. 

Seems the only hope we have is someone will pay enough to keep us in existence with a 15 point penalty and (as a result) a fierce EFL-approved "business plan" for the next couple of seasons.

Grim times. 

I'd say there's a big chance us to be a vanity project if the owner buys the club alone. Yet, if the deal is struck by local consortium, it could be more easily counted as  philanthropic act. Obviously, it could be such if the buyer is alone as well but, as you say, the motives might be something completely different.

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Sorry - where has that been said? I'm sure I read noises from the EFL suggesting that it would be in everyone's interests to allow a Phoenix Derby club into L2