The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

So yesterday, our font of all knowledge and information, Nixon, said that today would be critical for CK's bid.

Still nothing.

There have been several fonts of all knowledge who have been adamant lots of things will definitely be happening at definite times and dates and so far…. SFA has actually happened.

I think it’s fair to say that nobody knows ‘owt at all.  

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He is paying too much then! ?

Imply what YOU like, don't say I meant to say that though.

Plus according to @Ghost of Cloughfinancial calculations there's not much in it either way. If you were a creditor maybe you'd prefer the certainty of money sooner.

Simple question, yes or no answer will suffice.  At £21.4M do you think CK is paying too much?

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

Just now, FlyBritishMidland said:

Simple question, yes or no answer will suffice.  At £21.4M is CK paying too much?

Lol. You said he was, Nixon said he was. I agree with you two. 

Although they say something is only worth what someone will pay.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. You said he was, Nixon said he was. I agree with you two. 

Although they say something is only worth what someone will pay.

Thanks.  But I also say he’s trying to do the right thing for the creditors and the club.

Do you think MA (or anyone else if CK falls through) would pay that much?

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

2 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Thanks.  But I also say he’s trying to do the right thing for the creditors and the club.

Do you think MA would pay that much?

I don't know.

He'll pay what he thinks it's worth. Although he paid 'too much' for Newcastle.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/aug/13/newcastleunited.premierleague

" "Financially, Newcastle United was in a difficult position because I really do think that it had over-extended itself," he said. "We first heard about the potential sale on a Saturday and had the deal done by the Wednesday, so if you are asking if we did due diligence before buying, then the answer has to be no.

"Apart from the purchase of the club and the associated costs that come with that, I've put in a further £100m to reduce debts, yet we still have the outstanding debt of the monies still owed on player transfers," he explained.

Even so when Ashley, who insists he is not looking to sell Newcastle, was asked if he regretted the purchase he replied: "Absolutely not" and described the clubs as "one of the jewels, one of the diamonds of the Premier League."

Insisting that his habit of wearing black and white replica shirts and sitting with fans at away games is "not a gimmick", Newcastle's owner said: "I wear my strip and go in with the fans because that's how I've always gone to football and I enjoy it. Nothing beats the atmosphere of being in with the fans....it's tremendous to be part of.

I feel like they do. I'm in with the fans and if we are not playing well I'm thinking to myself: 'How can this be? We are Newcastle United and we should be doing better than this.' "

5 minutes ago, LazloW said:

There have been several fonts of all knowledge who have been adamant lots of things will definitely be happening at definite times and dates and so far…. SFA has actually happened.

I think it’s fair to say that nobody knows ‘owt at all.  

Yeah, ArialRam, VerdanaRam and TimesNewRomanRam were a total waste of space. Gill Sans has posted something today which is ultra bold. Time will tell whether she knows owt.

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

A very bad man. 

Although, Birmingham fans seem convinced it's a cover for Neil Sullivan to run the club behind a pseudonym - not sure how all that factors in with 'conflict of interest' but there we go. 

Think Gold/Sullivan selling balance of West Ham to guy who bought part recently, maybe next year, to do with tax/the original deal to take on the Olympic stadium, so maybe 'dual..ism' ownership for a short period deemed ok...

11 minutes ago, Kuskus said:

The takeover will complete on page 1987 as that is when CK was born. 

Nah. We'll get to 2,000 pages, the CK deal will officially collapse, and then Boycie can repeat the same post that started all this off, only with "Ashley" instead of "Sam Rush".

And so the eternal wheel turns again...