The Administration Thread

Boycie

45 minutes ago, Hanny said:

Getting pretty tiresome with the media posts about Ashley (or anyone else) just wanting to be the clubs savior, and how he is ready to go. Bollocks. 

There is an accepted offer on the table, that has been agreed to by all parties. That sets a floor price.

Yet negotiations are still open, because of the reasons reported. So all he (or anyone else)has to do is match or (more likely) beat the current accepted offer- then he becomes the next owner of Derby County. It’s simple. There are no deals to be had here. A floor price has been established by all parties- so now it’s just best bid wins. 

And the fact he(or anyone else) is not just coming forward with an acceptable offer tells me they are not that serious about being the next owner. 

His offer in early May wasn't enough to keep u sin the League leave alone to avoid 15 points deduction. Dunno what his next offer was but if he waited eight months to come up with a pathetic offer like his first one I won't be holding my breath over Ashley. 

44 minutes ago, Hanny said:

Getting pretty tiresome with the media posts about Ashley (or anyone else) just wanting to be the clubs savior, and how he is ready to go. Bollocks. 

There is an accepted offer on the table, that has been agreed to by all parties. That sets a floor price.

Yet negotiations are still open, because of the reasons reported. So all he (or anyone else)has to do is match or (more likely) beat the current accepted offer- then he becomes the next owner of Derby County. It’s simple. There are no deals to be had here. A floor price has been established by all parties- so now it’s just best bid wins. 

And the fact he(or anyone else) is not just coming forward with an acceptable offer tells me they are not that serious about being the next owner. 

Except the the setter of the floor price hasn’t yet come up with the spondulics.. so is it a floor price ? Not saying that can’t change by tomorrow evening .. But saying to your local car dealer you are happy to pay a certain price, doesn’t mean you can drive off in your new motor. You haven’t paid, he hasn’t sold,  the market price hasn’t been established until you do. 

34 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I admire your confidence that CK’s money will arrive. But as for other Div 1 clubs rooting for us -I don’t know . An extra 1,000 away fans once a season isn’t going to make much difference to them. We have been up for sale now for months and not sold for the price of a mediocre bench warming full back in the prem. We might think we are “Massive” but I feel the rest of the football familly don’t give a monkeys.

I really don’t think the other 23 league 1 clubs want to see us go bust. Not because of the extra revenue they might receive for a single game but purely because they don’t particularly want to see one of their fellow clubs go out of business (regardless of how big we are or how big we may think we are). Same way I wouldn’t want to see Forest, Leeds or even (wash my mouth out) Boro.

30 minutes ago, Ramos said:

True but that best bid only holds now surely for an amount of days - time is running out and if the money doesn’t surface from CK by Tuesday night surely it’s switch to the next best bid? Or get nothing if you’re a creditor. 

Sure. I’m just saying there has been no verified reason reported to suggest CK won’t complete the deal. Funds are there and have been proven. It’s just held up. 

And during the time the funds have been held up, Q made the correct decision to allow others to bid. 

So far nobody else wants to match or better CKs bid. So it’s still his until someone wants to beat his bid. 

Edited by Hanny
Clarity

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

He'll be a local hero.

Not sure what's so incredible to believe about it though, shock horror millionaire businessman seen watching international cricket game in hospitality box.

P.S. just to let the original poster know they don't stage international cricket games in Derbyshire.

Cough cough

The summer of 2020 saw Derby used as an international venue once more and England’s women were again in action in both ODI and T20 cricket, and in 2021, The Incora County Ground was the site of an ODI series-clinching victory over New Zealand, with captain Heather Knight scoring her second century in the format.

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Have you tried phone line thing or call internet provider to see if they can take a look at it.

It’s hard to do hand signs down the phone

12 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Look all of us would buy our season tickets right now or car season ticket pass thing.

I love Derby but no I wouldn’t. If they liquidate your money is gone. And our season ticket money isn’t enough to save us. 

Edited by Ewe Ram

6 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I love Derby but no I wouldn’t. If they liquidate your money is gone. And our season ticket money isn’t enough to save us. 

Look if means keep derby going and helps buy more time or help provide funds for rooney once ashley or kircher taken over.

I think derby worth fight for dont you.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Look if means keep derby going and helps buy more time or help provide funds for rooney once ashley or kircher taken over.

I think derby worth fight for dont you.

Yes I do, but it’s not enough money. It needs a lot more than that I’m afraid. 

16 minutes ago, jono said:

Except the the setter of the floor price hasn’t yet come up with the spondulics.. so is it a floor price ? Not saying that can’t change by tomorrow evening .. But saying to your local car dealer you are happy to pay a certain price, doesn’t mean you can drive off in your new motor. You haven’t paid, he hasn’t sold,  the market price hasn’t been established until you do. 

Ostensibly the floor price is set by CKs accepted bid by all parties. 

So:

1. CKs funds clear and he owns the club.

2. Someone else outbids him, and they own the club. 

that’s really it. Since his funds have been proven and amounts to be paid agreed. There is no offer below CKs ‘floor’ price that is currently acceptable. 

As expected the EFL have made a move.

As much as I dislike them, there is an understandable aspect with the fixtures soon to be released and no funding in place for next season. I just hope this isn’t being done at Ashley’s behest!

This saga does need bringing to a head, with whoever wants the club being in place asap.

I have no preference on Ashley or Kirchner, both have some significant red flags. I probably would favour Appleby, at least he’s a known quantity and runs things in a manner we need. But his bid doesn’t seem prominent enough to be a contender at present.

But whoever it is we need them now, then we need to get behind them, resurrecting our club won’t be the cakewalk some believe!

16 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Still Derby County debts though unfortunately ?

They are the debts of whoever buys derby county and decides / agrees the percentage to be paid , the only way derby survive is if someone buys those debts ,

yes I know what your saying , that’s not the point I’m addressing, the point I’m making is people / derby fans need to get real and stop all the what about the creditors guff , the very existence of the club is on the line and I for one I’m not prepared to say let the club die because any new owner will only pay so much of the debts and mess run up by mel Morris, I will feel no guilt if Ashley gets the club at the cheapest he can to be able to build better again ,it does not reflect on derby county or it’s fans it is the dishonour of one man

2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Call me cynical but where was the EFL help a few months ago when we were still in a shout of being in the championship for next season?

Well they have already achieved their aim of putting us in League 1. The treatment of this this football club by our esteemed regulator in cahoots with Steve Gibson and the Wycombe owner ( nobody can remember his name ) can only be described as a witch hunt. Now at the eleventh hour they are pretending to rescue us from a situation mainly of their own making. Maybe they have developed a conscience and some moral standards at last.

Quantuma, just sell the club to someone who can complete the transaction. Negotiate with Ashley or whoever who can complete within a few days.

What concerns me most about CK is the underlying reasons why the AML checks can't be completed within a few days. Surely his lawyers would understand from experiece that this is a potential roadblock and do the needful to get the info.

7 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Cough cough

The summer of 2020 saw Derby used as an international venue once more and England’s women were again in action in both ODI and T20 cricket, and in 2021, The Incora County Ground was the site of an ODI series-clinching victory over New Zealand, with captain Heather Knight scoring her second century in the format.

Alf be careful, the Reverend Tyler is a man of the cloth who lives in the Dioceses of Nottingham remember. When he challenged my innocent comment as an atheist who rhetorically said that Caesar was the emperor at the time of the Crucifixion, he put me in my place by reprimanding me by saying that Pontius Pilot was in place at the time. I of course humbly backed down but through your astonishing theological knowledge you quickly intervened on my behalf to tell him that in fact Augustus Tiberius Caesar was the incumbent at the time. He tends to get confused at times Alf so please be careful and have mercy on his soul ?

8 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Well they have already achieved their aim of putting us in League 1. The treatment of this this football club by our esteemed regulator in cahoots with Steve Gibson and the Wycombe owner ( nobody can remember his name ) can only be described as a witch hunt. Now at the eleventh hour they are pretending to rescue us from a situation mainly of their own making. Maybe they have developed a conscience and some moral standards at last.

No they are serving their members interests as there might be now the very real possibility that we start the season in League 1 without finishing it and don't want to deal with the potential complaints from their members when the results of our fixtures are annuled.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

No they are serving their members interests as there might be now the very real possibility that we start the season in League 1 without finishing it and don't want to deal with the potential complaints from their members when the results of our fixtures are annuled.

Legal action you mean ?

50 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Have seen picture Mike ashley in derby right now and bit statement thing from sky sports news.

Sorry B4 I’ve got a sneaky suspicion the picture isn’t exactly legit 

A49F2742-2B23-4DC0-A0DB-714B9D6C54BA.jpeg