The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or maybe because he said he'd stay this season (depending on his player budget)?

I can’t particularly see it, he’s been let down too many times. Sure there’s a chance he might do, but with no new ownership or ability to even sign our players to contracts surely there’s only so much he can take.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

I've no reason to doubt you and your mate, given you're a regular poster who doesn't spout BS, but where you friend stands by what he said "Steve Morgan to be new owner by Friday 5pm" do you mean he's confident that Morgan is now in place as a buyer, even though there wasn't actually an announcement to say so?

Sorry about the lateness in replying

All I can say is what I was told, That Steve Morgan was going to be the new owner yesterday, It would now appear that there is so many fingers in one pie that those who have access to a platform on twitter employed by Sky or Radio Derby, Run a story in the DET have in my belief different agendas and are being fed a story that would in the circumstances appear to be what they believe.

I believe my friend, He believed his friend, Nowt more I can add

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not doubting what you say but I'm afraid this does not add up.

CKs period of exclusivity ran until 5pm yesterday and therefore the administrators would not have been speaking to anyone else.

What you friend is saying that the moment CKs exclusivity expired Morgan was going to buy the club there and then.

May happen in the future but the story is clearly incorrect.

There was some confusion about when the exclusivity expired. Q said on Thursday they had decided to open discussions with other parties . Both BBC and sky reported on Thursday that his exclusivity had already ended. 

Having digested the events of yesterday this is how I believe it will play out (in my opinion)

I still think that CK will be the new owner of DCFC my guess by the end of next week. The money hasn’t been taken off the table, just held up and if it wasn’t sent (for the third time) until last Monday I can understand why we haven’t heard anything yet.

I can’t see any of the other interested parties stumping up the cash, they didn’t when we were a champ side with more sellable assets so I can’t see it now we are a league 1 team with 5 contracted players (the price hasn’t changed). I suspect they are chancing their arm at a lower price, hence whilst CK’s bid is on the table and not matched they are being ignored.

Don’t get me wrong I would much prefer a proven owner like Morgan for example, however, until now only CK is prepared to pay over the odds (in my opinion) and the threshold to prevent further points deductions.

CK is getting a lot of bad press at the moment but let’s not forget the guy came about his fortune by gambling and getting lucky on crypto, not through decades of hard nose business deals like Morgan, MA, etc. In my opinion he is only guilty of perhaps being a little naive, wet behind the ears, badly advised? I suspect this is the biggest deal he has ever attempted to complete.

So to conclude, if CK can get it over the line I won’t hold the delay against him, and will doth my cap and be eternally grateful to the bloke for saving the club I have followed and loved for all these decades and just getting back to watching a competitive game of football without off field issues hanging over us.

(apologies for the ramble)

- why does it matter if CK cannot get further funds into the club after buying it? The club MUST become self sufficient 

- who expects Derby County (under any owner) to be allowed to go on a spending spree? Wake up ffs! We won’t be allowed to! 

- anyone stressing needs to log off until at least Monday night! There’s no way Quantuma work weekends! 

- those of you reacting so childishly to CK’s banking woes are probably giving him good reason to back out of the deal. Well done idiots! You’re helping kill the club! 

39 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They've paraphrased Nixon (well or maybe Thicko!) think the 5pm only relates to CKs deadline.

edit: Actually I'm sure later on Nixon said there wouldn't be another PB just whoever got the money in. Which is odd because what if the new buyer wanted to pay 25% straight out?

I was led to believe that the next person wasn’t going to be a PB but a buyer. They were sorting all the costs etc out prior to any announcement. That is only reading between the lines of various cryptic messages.

Just now, TuffLuff said:

I can’t particularly see it, he’s been let down too many times. Sure there’s a chance he might do, but with no new ownership or ability to even sign our players to contracts surely there’s only so much he can take.

I’m just wondering whether he sees himself as an investor as well as a manager.

That might be why he’s hanging around and why he was keen on the Kirchner deal (they may have struck an agreement).

I hope Rooney stays but at the moment that would be the icing on the cake.

We need an owner soon, not just for survival but also to let Rooney have some sort of pre-season.

Fingers and gonads crossed.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not doubting what you say but I'm afraid this does not add up.

CKs period of exclusivity ran until 5pm yesterday and therefore the administrators would not have been speaking to anyone else.

What you friend is saying that the moment CKs exclusivity expired Morgan was going to buy the club there and then.

May happen in the future but the story is clearly incorrect.

If you believe what Q said as they had a back up plan of sorts and CK is not what we believe to be then why couldn't Q bring others into play, CK was warned that no money by Friday 5pm the doors open to others, Who says Q never jumped on Wed/Thurs? after Dawes broke with his story.

Please don't spout exclusivity when someone appears to be shall we say a little naïve when transferring £21.4million, Have Q had their pants pulled down or are Q in a state of panic.   

2 minutes ago, Shadowplay said:

CK is getting a lot of bad press at the moment but let’s not forget the guy came about his fortune by gambling and getting lucky on crypto, not through decades of hard nose business deals like Morgan, MA, etc. In my opinion he is only guilty of perhaps being a little naive, wet behind the ears, badly advised? I suspect this is the biggest deal he has ever attempted to complete.

So to conclude, if CK can get it over the line I won’t hold the delay against him, and will doth my cap and be eternally grateful to the bloke 

Pretty much like Mel Morris then.

And I think you'll be doffing your cap to him, sorry couldn't let my pedant alarm go unnoticed even this early on a weekend  

7 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Maybe so.

But all I care about atm is that the club survives. If the new owner wants to bring in Neil Warnock as the new manager, so be it! ?

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

- why does it matter if CK cannot get further funds into the club after buying it? The club MUST become self sufficient 

- who expects Derby County (under any owner) to be allowed to go on a spending spree? Wake up ffs! We won’t be allowed to! 

- anyone stressing needs to log off until at least Monday night! There’s no way Quantuma work weekends! 

- those of you reacting so childishly to CK’s banking woes are probably giving him good reason to back out of the deal. Well done idiots! You’re helping kill the club! 

No chance of the club being self sufficient sadly. A new owner will need to subsidize the first few years unfortunately.  

I'm still predicting a CK takeover.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Pretty much like Mel Morris then.

And I think you'll be doffing your cap to him, sorry couldn't let my pedant alarm go unnoticed even this early on a weekend  

Like I say, much prefer someone else, just can’t see it, and whilst his money is still on the table and not matched nothing will change before the end of the month at least.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe so.

But all I care about atm is that the club survives. If the new owner wants to bring in Neil Warnock as the new manager, so be it! ?

No thanks. Warnock is presently under investigation for demanding payments off players to play them, and with previous, it looks unlikely he'll be so lucky with the result this time.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10856905/FA-set-investigate-claims-Neil-Warnock-demanded-6-000-ex-QPR-star-select-games.html

9 minutes ago, Shadowplay said:

Having digested the events of yesterday this is how I believe it will play out (in my opinion)

I still think that CK will be the new owner of DCFC my guess by the end of next week. The money hasn’t been taken off the table, just held up and if it wasn’t sent (for the third time) until last Monday I can understand why we haven’t heard anything yet.

I can’t see any of the other interested parties stumping up the cash, they didn’t when we were a champ side with more sellable assets so I can’t see it now we are a league 1 team with 5 contracted players (the price hasn’t changed). I suspect they are chancing their arm at a lower price, hence whilst CK’s bid is on the table and not matched they are being ignored.

Don’t get me wrong I would much prefer a proven owner like Morgan for example, however, until now only CK is prepared to pay over the odds (in my opinion) and the threshold to prevent further points deductions.

So to conclude, if CK can get it over the line I won’t hold the delay against him, and will doth my cap and be eternally grateful to the bloke for saving the club I have followed and loved for all these decades and just getting back to watching a competitive game of football without off field issues hanging over us.

(apologies for the ramble)

CK is getting a lot of bad press because most of us, rightly or wrongly, are coming to the conclusion that he hasn’t actually sent the money. As I’ve said before, if he had sent it it would be easy for him to provide evidence to Q thus giving them the comfort to not need to impose the 5pm deadline yesterday.

35 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Maybe Rooney isn’t walking because Kirchner’s deal isn’t dead yet?

Its collapsed, in a very traditional business sense because he’s lost exclusivity, a bit of face and strength, but he’s still in the driving seat as we speak.

Sadly, I think he was in the driving seat but has now put the handbrake on and has got out of the car. I really hope I’m wrong provided the debacle over the last 2 weeks is only a blip and not an indicator of how he would operate if he owned the club.