The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, Unlucky Alf said:

I'd have thought he employs someone to look after his finances, That someone should be aware of these issues, Unless CK actually sat at home logged into his account and try to transfer millions of $s online...no that's just silly...right ?‍♀️

When I say him, I mean his staff, we all know he's been playing golf.

However, I am sure his staff consult/inform him about what they are doing and what problems they encounter.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

That would be Alan Nixon then? He's just again posted a 'Sun exclusive' with those details in.

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1654747200/

20 minutes in Nixon is talking about this in more detail. He tried to hurry the payments through to purchase the club by doing smaller amounts, hoping that it would clear quicker. However as it would not he decided he would just transferred the whole amount.

Whether or not it is true we will have to wait and see, but Nixon isn't trying to say he is trying to do anything dodgy, just trying to rush it through.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

20 minutes in Nixon is talking about this in more detail. He tried to hurry the payments through to purchase the club by doing smaller amounts, hoping that it would clear quicker. However as it would not he decided he would just transferred the whole amount.

Whether or not it is true we will have to wait and see, but Nixon isn't trying to say he is trying to do anything dodgy, just trying to rush it through.

Thank you, rynny.

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

https://blog.chainalysis.com/reports/2022-crypto-crime-report-preview-cryptocurrency-money-laundering/

"Overall, cybercriminals have laundered over $33 billion worth of cryptocurrency since 2017, with most of the total over time moving to centralized exchanges. For comparison, the UN Office of Drugs and Crime estimates that between $800 billion and $2 trillion of fiat currency is laundered each year — as much as 5% of global GDP. For comparison, money laundering accounted for just 0.05% of all cryptocurrency transaction volume in 2021. We cite those numbers not to try and minimize cryptocurrency’s crime-related issues, but rather to point out that money laundering is a plague on virtually all forms of economic value transfer, and to help law enforcement and compliance professionals be aware of just how much money laundering activity could theoretically move to cryptocurrency as adoption of the technology increases."

I cannot believe he wouldn't be aware that MLA would want to look at the source of his funds. Fine he says it was to hurry things up, but he's known for some time he's buying the Club.

12 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Yesterday was just the ProAm.

From today it's the professionals only so CK isn't playing.

Cheers but I imagine he'll want to continue watching his first love though.

Strange he hasn't tweeted about it really. Perhaps, he's staying off Twitter for a while.

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Speed things up by avoiding the checks. He knows the MLA would slow things down. He's known he's buying the club for long enough.

Do you think his money should avoid the MLA then?

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh come on. People on here have been posting they've been subject to MLA checks for piddling sums, why should he avoid that?

you need to read properly. He didn't try to avoid checks, he tried to avoid paying into ESCROW account(s). Totally different things and in no way shady, if anything it shows more commitment, cos in escrow, he could still pull out last minute.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I cannot believe he wouldn't be aware that MLA would want to look at the source of his funds. Fine he says it was to hurry things up, but he's known for some time he's buying the Club.

Yes he would have been aware, but maybe his past experience led him to believe that it would have been quicker as he would have transferred smaller amounts, which could why he tried it with the smaller amounts, when realising it was going to take the same amount of time he could have decided that it would be easier once it is transferred if it was the larger sum.

But who knows, we will just have to wait and see what happens.

I’m fairly sure that CK would have followed the advice of his lawyers, he would be foolish not to. I would imagine that CK would use a reputable law firm with experience in international deals and they would not have tried to circumnavigate the money laundering regulations, law firms breaking the law is definitely frowned upon.

If the Money Laundering authorities ask questions about the provenance of the funds the Law Firm can only respond to the requests until the Money Laundering Authorities are satisfied and release the funds.

2 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Having looked at some of the vile tweets aimed at him from some 'so called Derby' fans. I don't blame him

Twitter is full of people like that: nothing to do with Derby. Not even football. Just social media/ society and inadequate system in place to block harmful posts. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We cite those numbers not to try and minimize cryptocurrency’s crime-related issues, but rather to point out that money laundering is a plague on virtually all forms of economic value transfer,

Exactly.

My suspicion is financial institutions are skeptical of crypto because they don't control it yet and as such are using what they can to limit crypro's acceptance. For good or bad, it's a threat to their markets so they're protecting themselves.

1 minute ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Twitter is full of people like that: nothing to do with Derby. Not even football. Just social media/ society and inadequate system in place to block harmful posts. 

Hence why i said 'so called'. But hey, he wouldn't know who is and isn't. 

From what I’ve heard Nixon is right in that the money still hasn’t landed. Appleby is next in line, still not interested in talking to MA but not for the want of trying from MA, the £28m is what he put on the table in Jan, he also said he’d raise it if outbid. Can only assume his proposal isn’t good for creditors.

So looks like a race between CK and Appleby. Not normally ITK and so much info flying around just sharing what I’ve heard. It’s also v interesting who Appleby’s backer is if my source is correct. 

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Exactly.

My suspicion is financial institutions are skeptical of crypto because they don't control it yet and as such are using what they can to limit crypro's acceptance. For good or bad, it's a threat to their markets so they're protecting themselves.

I did say that was probably the issue yesterday.

It's the establishment casting aspersions on something outside their control, as usual.

I'd like to bet there's even more money-laundering going on with real money and we all know how good the establishment is at preventing that!