The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Am I right in thinking this is the same thing that happened at Preston?

Think that broke down before it even got to transfer of funds. Something to do with prices changing or offer on the table changing depending who you believe. 

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don’t understand what is in it for Chris Kirchner to attempt to buy the club if he doesn’t have the funds. Why go through all this? If he has funds tied up and can’t budge then that’s another matter. 

agree, isnt cheap all them solicitors etc working on the deals. seems bonkers to get this far if he hasnt got the cash at the end of the process. Makes him look a chump and hes chucked £?m down the swanny. Madness.

Edited by winktheram

Reckon next up to have a run, Appleby whilst CK is doing ... whatever with his money. Q will go for them as they have the next best offer for creditors. MA, I dont think Q will ever select. If MA is getting his hands on the club it's to take the club out of liquidation, once Q have seen enough of it, which may be after the next pay day and there is no money left in the bank.

15 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

I want the club to survive but I cannot accept how some fans are just willing to accept someone who thinks a 15 point deduction is okay.

It's ok for them though isn't it which is the be all and end all of matters currently.

What or whom is the alternative to MA then?

Or are you willing for the club to get liquidated rather than swallow a 15 point deduction. 

Can't really get your point 

If contracts have been exchanged as called out a couple of weeks ago I'm assuming he could be sued if it fell through?

I still can't see any logical reason, still think it can only relate to the release of his funds, not whether he has the funds.

Well the 'emergency' sportscene talk in was really just one big advert for Mike Ashley.

Whilst I fear the short term impact of Ashley taking over (possible -15, resulting departure of Rooney and most of the players) something has to happen because time is running out. And Ashley will know that the only way he recoup any kind of profit is if he turns us into a premiersh*t club, however long that takes.

I've lost the energy for slagging of the administrators, and the EFL, just get the job done and let's start the rebuild, wherever that has to start from.

22 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Last year I gave my daughter £20,000 to help pay her deposit for a house the amount of hold ups were ridiculous and went on for weeks and yes I had to submit my financial details for it to be used which surprised me somewhat but it wasn’t allowed to happen without me cooperating including where the money came from and prove it was mine - it was enlightening to say the least 

Weird. I helped my daughter two years ago (albeit for a slightly lesser amount) and had no such problems. I just did a number of faster payments into her account. Her grand parents also helped her and again, had no such issues.

I don’t understand what is in it for Chris Kirchner to attempt to buy the club if he doesn’t have the funds. Why go through all this? If he has funds tied up and can’t budge then that’s another matter. 

Not so sure he hasn’t got the money, maybe more the case of where the money has come from ?

9 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Today is an example of the much-predicted mischief-making by a potential rival 'bidder'

That’s what it looks like. Quite possible also that MM is part of the shenanigans, last thing he wants is Stretford and Rooney in the driving seat. 

3 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Personally am just happy with anything that enables me to have a club to support now! Minus 15 is better than nothing. And it’s not like it’s confirmed either. Total guesswork about Ashley. 

Like Percy says, two weeks to pre season and five players. Not sure any of them will stay and manager be likely to leave too. Not sure we can be turning our noses up at any buyer currently.

100% agree with that. If is it liquidation or -15 I’ll take -15. It will just sting knowing our new “saviour” has the financial clout to ensure it doesn’t happen.

2 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Will we even incur that? 28m on the table for the club should be enough not to? We know the stadium isn’t included anymore. 

Yet again, all depends on whether this deal Mel/Clownes has struck is transferable to any other party interested.

1 minute ago, Mihangel said:

I'm not entirely wedded to the idea of CK taking over BUT I wish we could let any other bidders know that a) starting on -15 points works be very disappointing and b) the academy and it's status is hugely important. IMO of course.

I think might happen is that if ashley or andy appley or even kircher still but kircher seems unlikely now who ever brought pp could say to new owner or owners again if you want you can lease from me or buy stright off me.

This is exactly what I dont understand...this will have cost him probably a few million already in legal fees....for what reason, it will hardly enhance his reputation in the sporting world. I find it very hard to believe that he did not fully intend to buy the Club and that he could afford to do it. It is completely baffling unless the Nixon version is accurate and its all down to the money laundering checks??

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Surely if exclusivity ends any other bidder will have to at least match CK bid if he stays in the run in?

I personally think if his exclusivity ends CK will walk away.

Depends. Maybe his offer is now null and void if a timeline was agreed and the reason this has been met is down to him. Also, as you say, if he does walk away then there’s no offer to match.

Edited by Tamworthram

2 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

This is exactly what I dont understand...this will have cost him probably a few million already in legal fees....for what reason, it will hardly enhance his reputation in the sporting world. I find it very hard to believe that he did not fully intend to buy the Club and that he could afford to do it. It is completely baffling unless the Nixon version is accurate and its all down to the money laundering checks??

I believe it is for that reason..