The Administration Thread

Boycie

10 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

That's not actually correct.

There's no FFP/P&S in League 1. It's SCMP. As a relegated club, we are restricted to spending 75% of our turnover on salaries. However, equity injections count as turnover. If Kirchner actually wanted to and could afford to, the rules would allow him to retain Lawrence. 

Having said that, we know a song about unaffordable wage bills.

Surely whatever business plan we've had to agree with the EFL will trump any pre-existing spending rules.

8 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

That's not actually correct.

There's no FFP/P&S in League 1. It's SCMP. As a relegated club, we are restricted to spending 75% of our turnover on salaries. However, equity injections count as turnover. If Kirchner actually wanted to and could afford to, the rules would allow him to retain Lawrence. 

Having said that, we know a song about unaffordable wage bills.

We may have dodged the 15 point deduction or so it seems but with CK offering 35% over 3 years that means that we will be under a restrictive business plan imposed by the EFL during that time. We will still be restricted to what salaries or transfer fees we can offer.

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

The stadium isn't a pull factor, we might get crowds of 20000 next season.

This season, while in the championship we averaged 22000.

This season was a weird one, coming out of the pandemic + the administration/uncertainty made it harder to fill the ground

That said - I don't think we can assume we will fill the ground in L1, unless we get off to a flyer and are thumping teams left right and centre, new investment, exciting new players etc

Attendances in the 3rd tier back in the 1980s dropped pretty low

Our first season we finished 7th and our average attendance was just under 11k. Highest was 16k and lowest was 8k

Even the following season when we finished 3rd and got promoted - our average attendance was 12k (highest 21k and lowest 9.5k)

I doubt we'll drop attendances that low, but the cost of living crisis won't be our friend in that respect either.

I think 20k next season will be considered a decent crowd

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Just reading a post from @Ambitiousin the Bielik thread. He mentions the player's book value. 

Does anyone know what actually happens to these values post-administration? Is it am opportunity to write all the values down?

I don't know, but I would imagine that the carrying book values will be included as part of the assets that are being purchased from the administrator.

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Wow 18 years ago...?

I went to Morecambe when we played them in a pre season friendly on a Friday night, in the hotel overlooking Morecambe bay and reflecting that  that was where several people had lost their lives, and then the television news announced that Amy winehouse had just died.

25 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I went to Morecambe when we played them in a pre season friendly on a Friday night, in the hotel overlooking Morecambe bay and reflecting that  that was where several people had lost their lives, and then the television news announced that Amy winehouse had just died.

I was there at that game too, The Bay is notorious, It has 2 tides incoming every day, There are guides that can take you across the Bay to Barrow, Stray off their route and you can easily get sucked into the sand never to be seen again.

31 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think we shall still get high end of 20k most weeks and I still get near 30k with certain teams we have massive support base.

We need to hit the ground running to get those types of crowds.

Top the table come end of August and get a feel good factor around and people may join for the ride.

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Been there several times, The far open side, Stand there in a winters gale ? I had friends who live in Bolton Le Sands 3 miles down the road, The old ground was more accommodating imo, The one saving grace are the pies the best in the UK for me...Potts Pies.

Morecambe as a resort is very nice tho

Many, many years ago, (when I was very young) I did some contract work on the Heysham nuclear power station, just a couple of miles up the road, but lodged in Morecambe. 

It was a bit rough in the 1970's/80's with many places either closed; run-down or derelict, but since the Midland Hotel re-opened and they've removed the damaged pier, it's a much better place.

The winters were very cold, especially when the wind and rain came off Morecambe Bay and the Irish seas, but the ladies were very accommodating in keeping me warm!!!

Sunderland averaged 32k in their first season in League 1, which was 5k more than the season they were relegated.

Since then they have dropped to 30k which is still fairly impressive.

on the other hand, in 19/20 Sheffield Wednesday averaged 23k, and this season 22k.

Derby averaged 23k this season, IF Rooney could maintain the relationship between players and fans whilst competing near the top, with the right ticket prices I don't think an average of around 25k wouldn't be overly optimistic.

We have to be competing in the top 6 for those numbers though and that is going to be a challenge given the rebuild that is needed.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Sunderland averaged 32k in their first season in League 1, which was 5k more than the season they were relegated.

Since then they have dropped to 30k which is still fairly impressive.

on the other hand, in 19/20 Sheffield Wednesday averaged 23k, and this season 22k.

Derby averaged 23k this season, IF Rooney could maintain the relationship between players and fans whilst competing near the top, with the right ticket prices I don't think an average of around 25k wouldn't be overly optimistic.

We have to be competing in the top 6 for those numbers though and that is going to be a challenge given the rebuild that is needed.

All depends who comes through the door with good young players we got I dont think finishing in top 3 would be out of the question be also depends who stays.

5 hours ago, rammieib said:

What income is the football stadium going to generate with no football team operating there?

A few events a year - corporate work during the day, rent from Greggs or the Yard. It's hardly going to cover its operating costs, let alone cover his mortgage payment.

That's not what I said.

I was responding to the question regarding why the Stadium was not in administration.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

That would be amazing B4 ?

Not as amazing as 1933 which brought Sunderland’s record crowd. 75,118 crammed into Roker Park to witness a THURSDAY FA Cup quarter-final against Derby County. With so many in attendance, the game was stopped several times to move supporters off the sides of the pitch.