The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Mike Ashley has the money but, so far, he's not that forthcoming with it, is he?

You are also consistent. You choose which side you are on and defend that to the hilt, while criticising the other side for doing exactly the same thing. Are you a politician by any chance?

What do you know about Ashley? 

As I said CK chooses how he is seen.

You side with who you want, it doesn't mean you are right. ?

Just now, SuffolkRam said:

Only against him because he is risking the future of the club by dragging things out to get a good deal for himself.  Players are leaving in days.  Need it sorting before we lose them and the manager.

So why hasn't the bloke who had exclusivity stepped up?

15 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Don’t think Dorsett is close to what’s going on. 

And I think Rooney and Stretford have the ability to make this very, very difficult for Ashley.  Stretford probably pretty hungry for CK’s deal and he’s not a herbivore

So CK still the most likely for me. Would be good if that group of local businessmen could agree a deal with MM, and with CK. 

Not going to happen overnight so thank goodness for the KG money

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

And I think Rooney and Stretford have the ability to make this very, very difficult for Ashley.  Stretford probably pretty hungry for CK’s deal and he’s not a herbivore

So CK still the most likely for me. Would be good if that group of local businessmen could agree a deal with MM, and with CK. 

Can't see that first bit. If Rooney didn't want to stay it'd be easy to sell him on. 

I think the next move is Quantumas, that will be a big sign.

6 minutes ago, SuffolkRam said:

Only against him because he is risking the future of the club by dragging things out to get a good deal for himself.  Players are leaving in days.  Need it sorting before we lose them and the manager.

The admins aren't communicating with MA, this isn't the first time it's been reported.

Dorsett, Nixon and Percy etc said this since the turn of the year .

So, Why aren't the admins having contact with Ashley's camp? What's the reluctance behind that..? 

It's the admins duty to talk to an interested party and Mike Ashley is in my opinion, a genuine interest to purchasing the club.

14 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Genuinely have  no idea why people are against Mike Ashley taking us over.

Because he isn't bowing down to the admins , Morris demands and throwing money at other people's debt?

Because he only cares about one thing - money.  If he can get Derby for a rock-bottom price, he'll aim to see a profit over the next 5-10 years regardless of the club or its fans.  Newcastle fans hated him, the ground needs a complete overhaul, their training facilities were left to fall into ruin, and now need £millions to bring them up to standard, but he left with a profit of some £165m following 14 years of ownership. 

If he's the only one to save us, I'll take it, just so we have a club, but he'll have no allegiance to the club or its fans, just his bank balance. I have a suspicion he's already done a behind closed doors deal with Mel, who seems to have decided he wants nothing to do with CK, regardless of the outcome.  For all we know, he's agreed with MA to hold out such the Ashley "saves the day" at the last minute, whilst buying the stadium off Mel for his asking price. 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Think he's closer to MA, as it seems to be SSN (and to an extent Percy) that have the most major stuff to do with MA's camp - remember the video with Keith Bishop?

I think you're also overplaying the role WR/PS will have in this. Yes, I'm sure he's a huge draw, but at the end of the day, if MAs offer suits the admins AND Mel, it wouldn't matter one jot who's making noises otherwise.

Just now, Papahet said:

The admins aren't communicating with MA, this isn't the first time it's been reported.

So, Why aren't the admins having contact with Ashley's camp? What's the reluctance behind that..? 

It's the admins duty to talk to an interested party and Mike Ashley is in my opinion, a genuine interest to purchasing the club.

Because his deal is probably crap for the creditors and the administrators do not have a duty to anybody but the creditors

That is his way. He may well get the club and it probably becomes more likely by the hour but it will be painful to start off

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Because his deal is probably crap for the creditors and the administrators do not have a duty to anybody but the creditors

That is his way. He may well get the club and it probably becomes more likely by the hour but it will be painful to start off

The Club has nothing left, it can't get much more painful. If Ashley wants us then he wants success.

3 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Look at previous form, he will wait until the last possible moment for the cheapest price? There's got to be a reason the admins aren't interested in a 'serious' offer, and there's no way the offer is better than CKs if the only stumbling block is the stadium.

Perhaps the admins aren't replying because the MA offer doesn't:

reach the 25%/35% over three years threshold to avoid the -15(+) points deduction?
throw enough cash at the admins?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The Club has nothing left, it can't get much more painful. If Ashley wants us then he wants success.

We know Kirchner’s deal, albeit with no Mel agreement, will not see us start next season on 15 points and could be done relatively quickly, with the support of Rooney which is key.

Ashley will not care about the creditors, will not care about the 15 points and will not care about keeping Rooney.

The 500k for Gordon doens't 'buy us 2-weeks' - the majority of our cash outflow is the wages paid end of the month.

Our Cash outflow must look something like 20k-200k Weeks 1,2,3 and then around £1 - £1.3m in week 4 of a month. There will be exceptions to this but generally, thats how it'll look. 

We're still a business - we still offer payment terms to the suppliers - albeit most of those suppliers will be wanting money up front now given our credit history.

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Think he's closer to MA, as it seems to be SSN (and to an extent Percy) that have the most major stuff to do with MA's camp - remember the video with Keith Bishop?

I think you're also overplaying the role WR/PS will have in this. Yes, I'm sure he's a huge draw, but at the end of the day, if MAs offer suits the admins AND Mel, it wouldn't matter one jot who's making noises otherwise.

Can’t really argue with this. But CK’s offer (cleverly crafted, excluding the stadium) falls well short of the bar and if MA had a suitable offer in his boxer shorts would we not have seen it ? 
If MA gets the deal then I think next season will be really hard work for us 

27 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Genuinely have  no idea why people are against Mike Ashley taking us over.

Because he isn't bowing down to the admins , Morris demands and throwing money at other people's debt?

Ashley is playing a game. He is no doubt prepared to pay what is required for the stadium, let’s say £25m which sees Morris able to pay off the MSD debt. I would suggest he has no interest whatsoever finding cash to clear 25% of the other creditors (or 35% over 3 years). Ashley hasn’t any interest in the creditors as a whole, hence why Q are not engaging with him. If Ashley can get the stadium I would wager he would be happy to take his chances with a liquidation of the club, and buying the husk, getting back in at a lower level in the league pyramid. It’s a cold investment for him. If he can be back at Championship level in 3-5 years that will do him. Good deal for Ashley. Not great for our club.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What do you know about Ashley? 

We have already had this argument previously......a few months ago. His business practices are well documented.

More is coming to light about the way he ran Newcastle - there are posts on this thread that highlight that.

I have said before......Liquidation is the very worst thing that could happen to us. Owned by Ashley would be better than that, of course, but it would not leave me bubbling with enthusiasm.

My dig at you was because of your consistent inconsistency. You were criticising CK for being seen out with the players. That's fine. I, myself, would have preferred him to be prepping for his meeting with Mel. My issue is that you don't apply the same criticism to your favoured choice - Mike Ashley - when he has not been well portrayed in the media for his drinking sessions. That's even aside from how he runs his businesses, including Newcastle United.

Anyhow...

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

We know Kirchner’s deal, albeit with no Mel agreement, will not see us start next season on 15 points and could be done relatively quickly, with the support of Rooney which is key.

Ashley will not care about the creditors, will not care about the 15 points and will not care about keeping Rooney.

But he will care about success!