The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Fact a) money runs out. Fact b) cK isn't paying for something he doesn't own.

Obvious enough.

If it doesn't happen - Quantuma are still responsible as the administrators of the business. If it doesn't, I'd imagine Q would go cap in hand to MSD.

10 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Says it must be done this week, but it will only be done if Mel no longer owns the stadium. Pride Park is not going to be sold this week.

Anything in the council looking to buy? Too quick for them to get it sorted?

On 01/05/2022 at 09:18, MackworthRamIsGod said:

So, it sounds like the EFL are happy, Kirchner is happy and the administrators are happy.

Hopefully that means Mel and the Council have done a deal.

Everything hinges on MM doing a deal with the Council. CK has no input but it looks like  Saturday will be a massive day for the future of  DCFC. There will be a big celebration knowing we are cutting all ties with Mel, and making a fresh start.

13 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Says it must be done this week, but it will only be done if Mel no longer owns the stadium. Pride Park is not going to be sold this week.

4 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Can you expand on that @Carl Sagan ? Are you saying Melvyn can still scupper the takeover ?

Or that he has?

8 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Can you expand on that @Carl Sagan ? Are you saying Melvyn can still scupper the takeover ?

6 minutes ago, KBB said:

Anything in the council looking to buy? Too quick for them to get it sorted?

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Or that he has?

I have zero inside knowledge of what's going on. But thinking how slowly councils move, and (correctly) the checks and balances they have to go through when spending money (and this would be a lot of money), I just think it's impossible for the council to buy the stadium this week. It seems to me that if significant progress towards this step had been made, we would have already heard something.