The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

My laptop has gone mad not sure why this has attached to another post.

however , I am sure we have not received our income from being on Sky, that must be circa £5m by now. Do we get this when we come out of admin?

AFAIAA they’ve been using it to pay off our football debts.

4 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

These are just junk websites making money off the adverts and the content generated by AI. Half the sentences don't even make sense, also no sources at all!

"In spite of this, Kirchner is perhaps the most active individual on earth. His shop is open seven days per week, 24 hours per day." ?

The article couldn’t even work out if he was single or had a wife. Yeah good research going on there.

2 hours ago, one_chop said:

If CK buys a pint with a fiver and waits for his change then you can safely say he's no Elon Musk, on the other hand I doubt you'll be seeing him coming out of the Dole office clutching a giro heading for the nearest post office. 

Nobody knows how much folding he's got tucked away but himself, his missus and maybe his accountant. I still say he won't follow through. 

I think it was about 2014 that I last got change from a fiver buying a pint. It’s hard on the pocket living on the south coast.

3 hours ago, one_chop said:

If CK buys a pint with a fiver and waits for his change then you can safely say he's no Elon Musk, on the other hand I doubt you'll be seeing him coming out of the Dole office clutching a giro heading for the nearest post office. 

Blimey! What world are you living in? A giro? And this speaking as someone who along with Nogbad van 50   worked at the Unemployment Benefit Office in Normanton Road, and paid out in cash long before even giros.

23 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

But he - or anyone buying us - is not effectively buying nothing.  They are buying Derby County FC and all that means, from its history and reputation to its access to Moor Farm and PP (currently) and its golden share and position in the league/EFL structure.  And, most of all they are buying potential.

If you want to buy a football club in the English leagues (and that might be a good question to ask) you could go for one in the EPL and have to pay hundreds of millions, if not billions.  Try one in the Championship post Covid and, apart from a very few, you'll be buying debt that runs into many tens of millions - see Birmingham/Bristol - and not many with our facilities and with our manager's football reputation and with our academy's reputation and with our proven fanbase, which is important if you want to build a club.  And most of all you are buying a club that has a once in a lifetime opportunity to reset.  So many players out of contract at once gives us an opportunity to reset the playing staff almost completely both in terms of footballing ability and salary.  I bet there aren't many in that position - there'll be plenty who owe millions but have players on long, expensive contracts - and who might just envy us that opportunity.

Mel was right about three things - the importance of our Academy structure, the broad incompetence of the EFL and the hugely damaging financial impact of the Covid/non attendance season

Could I add bringing Rooney on to your list