The Administration Thread

Boycie

16 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Some folk appear to have forgotten, or disregarded the fact that Kirschner bid £50 million for the club back in October and that he's also proven liquidity in excess of £60 million. That's not investments, or notional values associated to his stake in Slync.io, that's hard cash, sloshing about in his bank account. If there's a reason he's back at the table, it's because his new (most likely significantly reduced) bid, remains by some way the highest formal offer received.

Let's focus on the facts for a moment; CK made an early bid and when told it was not enough, immediately upped his offer. In spite of this, Quantuma favoured other 'unknown parties' and told Kirschner he would not be named preferred bidder. He understandably immediately withdrew issuing a few choice broadsides to Q and MM in the process. To this day, we have absolutely no knowledge of what those 'better offers' entailed or even who made them. We don't even know if any credible and formal bids other than that made by the Binnies have even been submitted. What we do know though, is that despite his PR machine working 24 hours to make sure that we all know he remains 'extremely interested', is that Ashley has yet to submit any formal offer at all. Perhaps he didn't get the deadline memos?

What we also know as a fact is that the admins horribly misread the room when they discounted CK in favour of offers that have apparently never materialised, as clearly illustrated by this rather ignominious U-turn. Frankly, I'd sooner entrust the immediate future of the club to Kirschner than to other anonymous 'interested parties' and certainly more than to Quantuma.

I thought that Kirchner raised his bid but wanted the ground to be included which therefore was an effective reduction in the money he was offering the second time around?

I remember reading that on here but don't know how true that was like a lot of other speculation on this thread. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I thought that Kirchner raised his bid but wanted the ground to be included which therefore was an effective reduction in the money he was offering the second time around?

I remember reading that on here but don't know how true that was like a lot of other speculation on this thread. 

Kind of irrelevant since the highest formal bid made other than CK's was for £18 million less and also included the stadium ?‍♀️

What's your point?

7 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Kind of irrelevant since the highest formal bid made other than CK's was for £18 million less and also included the stadium ?‍♀️

What's your point?

I wasn't sure if it was correct or not.

So he did up his bid but then asked much more for the additional money he was offering which was the stadium be included in his revised price which was never 20 million pounds more than his original bid. 

Anyhows like I Ram has just said am coming off here as its just full of speculation filling the void of having any hard facts which I'm not finding very helpful

Edited by Tyler Durden

19 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

So he did up his bid but then asked much more for the additional money he was offering which was the stadium be included in his revised price which was never 20 million pounds more than his original bid. 

Sorry, could you please provide links to confirm this? Also, I've seen no numbers suggested for his second bid so perhaps you can confirm where the details were published as I've not seen them. My recollection was that he bid £30 million upfront with a further £20 million over two years, for the club AND the stadium. His revised offer I thought was in the region of £60 million, again for club and ground and this is when he was asked to prove liquidity for the sum in question, which he did. Did I get this wrong?

19 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Anyhows like I Ram has just said am coming off here as its just full of speculation filling the void of having any hard facts which I'm not finding very helpful

So sorry! Could you point out which bit of my post is 'unhelpful speculation' please?

Here's my citation by the way...

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-chris-kirchner-takeover-6112280

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

When he has closed the deal, he said. Which they estimate could be nearly two months. Gulp! 

May and June are not very good months to own a football club , with little cash coming in and some players on £25k-£30k a week who want paying . On the flip side Admin costs could do with coming to an end ASAP

28 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

His recent tweets about improving the matchday experience are really encouraging. It looks like he's going to bring a fresh perspective, which is great.

If he actually has the money, I'm fully behind him.

It's just a big 'if'. 

Tom Glick said exactly that...we got foam hands and sheep masks, oh, and Robbie Savage. And FFP.

12 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

His recent tweets about improving the matchday experience are really encouraging. It looks like he's going to bring a fresh perspective, which is great.

It's just a big 'if'. 

Americans are always obsessed with improving the match day experience, aren't they? 

Maybe because their sporting culture is very different to ours, with their sports take a while longer to play, with frequent built in breaks in the action?  

Our culture is very different, mostly involving getting to the ground at the last minute possible after spending our cash elsewhere on route. They'll have to seriously up the catering provision to change that. 

I went to a game at the Tottenham stadium when it first opened, and you could tell it had been designed as much around the fans as the team.

Massive outdoor area with multiple food and drink options, loads of seating and artificial grass to sit on, and a decent amount of toilets. The prices were genuinely reasonable too, cheaper than the surrounding pubs and food vans. Inside the stadium, they're not concourses as such, but massive food halls.

A pint of Beavertown ranges from £3.80 to £5, depending on the drink, far cheaper than the pub prices in London, and indeed around here.

We've taken a step forward recently with the reopening of the Fan Park, and the Yard was a welcome addition, but if we had the vision, and funding, we could do so much more, a Yard on each home corner would be good, not a coffee bar. Coffee takes 5 times longer to serve, and offers far less profit than a pint.

The question is, would whatever they offer change fan behaviour? 

8 minutes ago, Rev said:

Americans are always obsessed with improving the match day experience, aren't they? 

Maybe because their sporting culture is very different to ours, with their sports take a while longer to play, with frequent built in breaks in the action?  

Our culture is very different, mostly involving getting to the ground at the last minute possible after spending our cash elsewhere on route. They'll have to seriously up the catering provision to change that. 

I went to a game at the Tottenham stadium when it first opened, and you could tell it had been designed as much around the fans as the team.

Massive outdoor area with multiple food and drink options, loads of seating and artificial grass to sit on, and a decent amount of toilets. The prices were genuinely reasonable too, cheaper than the surrounding pubs and food vans. Inside the stadium, they're not concourses as such, but massive food halls.

A pint of Beavertown ranges from £3.80 to £5, depending on the drink, far cheaper than the pub prices in London, and indeed around here.

We've taken a step forward recently with the reopening of the Fan Park, and the Yard was a welcome addition, but if we had the vision, and funding, we could do so much more, a Yard on each home corner would be good, not a coffee bar. Coffee takes 5 times longer to serve, and offers far less profit than a pint.

The question is, would whatever they offer change fan behaviour? 

Tricky one, isn't it. Going to the pub until the last possible second is such a big part of a lot of supporters' days out.

But I think if a real effort was made to improve the experience at Pride Park, it would be worth it.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

That was the Binnie brothers, Tyler.

18 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Tom Glick said exactly that...we got foam hands and sheep masks, oh, and Robbie Savage. And FFP.

Whatever CK's ideas are, it's absolutely vital that he consults fans about it. It's certainly possible to take aspects of the American experience and apply it to the British experience, but I think you'd need our fans to have a say to ensure it doesn't descend into farce.

59 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It's just a big 'if'. 

Didn't CK state somewhere that he'd recently bought an aeroplane for £22m cash ? So he must have some dosh. Come to think of it, he could have bought a football stadium with that money.....