The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

If all of the noise is to be believed and its a big if, Mel is the sticking point and his unrealistic expectations of what someone will pay to cover his debts and "his stadium". Its all very well blaming the administrators but what can they do if he doesnt budge?

They can't do anything. The stadium does not belong to the club and is not in administration. It is all down to Mel.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

We all slam Nixon - probably rightly so - but even if his last "report" was merely a guess, it's a pretty fair and obvious assumption.

The bids received by the Administrators are not enough to pay the creditors a sufficient amount and, as a side effect, avoid the further 15 point deduction.

("side effect" because the Administrators primary duty is to the creditors, just be nice to secure the football club the best deal aswell)

So, the Administrators are holding out for as long as possible - in the hope that those bidding increase their bids above the set threshold, perhaps by trying to outbid one another, if there really are multiple bids.

They will leave this as late as possible before, finally, accepting whatever is the best bid - regardless of absolute value, points deductions and other consequences - so that a full takeover can be timetabled to happen before the money does run out.

Absolutely spot on. That’s all they can do. They will know the point at which they need to select a bid whatever the consequences. Personally I think that time is now nearly here, I don’t think they’re going to get any larger bids now that will satisfy everyone, unless they (or the bidders) are pressuring on a restructure of any deal ie. pushing Mel to take a further hit on the stadium to free up enough in the pot to pay creditors to avoid points deductions. If they leave it too long players will go club will be further devalued and potentially reduce prospects of a sale and increase prospects of the unthinkable. We have to trust Q as experienced insolvency practitioners know what they’re doing and will make the call at the right time.

When MM took on the Club he got the stadium ownership BUT with a 20m mortgage. I fail to see why a new owner would not see buying the Club with stadium for 30m and refinance  the mortgage on better terms would not be a favourable option. Someone like Ashley would get a fairly good rate I feel sure. 

56 minutes ago, RamBeauIV said:

Nice to see MM playing hardball with the bidders:

Derby County: Frustrated buyers say £22M price tag for Pride Park forced cost of deal above £50M | Daily Mail Online

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10657199/Derby-County-Frustrated-buyers-say-22M-price-tag-Pride-Park-forced-cost-deal-50M.html

Translated:

"We've spoken to bitter, loudmouthed failed bidder Chris Kirchner, who had this to say.... "

3 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Stadium worth of £80M available for £22M? Shirley a good deal, right? ?

No it's not a good deal. For me the Daily Mail article seems that it may well be a pretty accurate account of where the final stage of negotiations with the bidders now sit. The key line for me in the article is that Sunderland was recently valued at £30m and Hull exchanged hands for £25m. Given the level of debt at DCFC the valuation has to be somewhere near to those two clubs and in Division One the valuation falls. So £50m as a package for DCFC and the stadium is excessive.

The only true valuation of any property or entity is the amount that the highest bidder is prepared to pay. That currently may well be nearer £30m than £50m. Mel and Mel alone got us into this mess and it is morally incumbent upon him at this late stage to do the decent thing for once and do what he can to open the door to the club's revival. If he has to take a bigger hit on the stadium so be it. He is holding all of the right cards, only he can play them.

A few months ago this very question was put to Mel by a supporter at a private function local to where they both live. In an extremely polite and amiable conversation Mel offered the assurance of "Don't worry, there will be a future for the club. If I have to give the stadium away, so be it."

The time may be nearing where we will find out if his actions speak louder than his words for once.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

According to Ryan Bourne on Twitter, no idea who he is, but anyway..

He says both bids are well short of what is needed to buy stadium and pay off creditors. He mentioned 10 million a couple of times so its safe to assume that's the hair cut Mel needs to take to make a deal work.

Ironically, £10m funding from Mel Morris and the club would've been able to see out the season without being in administration, overcome a 9 point deduction, still had a viable squad and be in no worse a position (arguably better) for him to sell as a solvent business.....

Christ he's really *redacted for legal reasons and good taste*

18 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Fixed that for you.

No fan of the daily mail but Morris and stadium valuation is likely to be a sticking point, whether Morris rightly or wrongly wants that money for it, the fact is the club is in administration and even though the club don't own the stadium and Morris isn't in admin, the price of PP will be linked to the club's fortunes. I think he needs to take a massive cut otherwise there won't be a club.

Edited by TheresOnlyWanChope

39 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

"We've spoken to bitter, loudmouthed failed bidder Chris Kirchner, who had this to say.... "

The journalist has spoken to multiple interested parties. 

I would imagine one of the parties he has spoken to is Mike Ashley, as Charlie Walker is who wrote this: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10486141/Mike-Ashley-NOT-walking-away-deal-buy-Derby-County-warns-fans-time-running-out.html and has done multiple Ashley articles.

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

According to Ryan Bourne on Twitter, no idea who he is, but anyway..

He's a Tory who refuses to solely blame Mel, continues to blame EFL/Boro being the main problem and his pal who he did Twitter Spaces with is pally with Mel. I wouldn't take anything he says seriously.