The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, RamBeauIV said:

Let's say an educated guess. 
(i) We have to pay a minimum of 25% upfront to satisfy the EFL (and not get the 15 point deduction next season). 
(ii) Q have said that they have had those negotiations with HMRC and presented them with a range of scenarios.
(iii) Resolution will have to be a payment plan.

Or...

(i) We have to pay a minimum of 25% upfront to satisfy the EFL (and not get the 15 point deduction next season), or 35% over 3 years

(ii) Q have said that they have had those negotiations with HMRC and presented them with a range of scenarios.

(iii) options could therefore be (but not limited to):

a) 25% payment upfront with no future payments

b) if in the Championship, 15% in Y1, 10% in Y2, 10% in Y3

c) if in L1, 5% in Y1, 15% in Y2, 15% in Y3

42 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

(iiii) Payment plan put forward to PB who says duck off

(iiiii) Q go back to their office and drawing board

(iiiiii) Meanwhile PBs are looking at where we're going to finish at the end of the season

(iiiiiii) Accountants for the PBs are now telling their employers that the new figures don't stack up

(iiiiiiii) DCFC meanwhile are 2 games to go and 3 points behind Reading after Peterboro and Barnsley are relegated

(iiiiiiiii) New offers are put forward again to Q as the trapdoor looms

(iiiiiiiiii) Q are now up poo creek as they left the paddles in the office

(iiiiiiiiiii) Reading win their next game, DCFC lose and are relegated

(iiiiiiiiiiii) Substantial lower bids are put in, Q buy a new drawing board

(iiiiiiiiiiii) Q finally have no alternative but to liquidate DCFC

(iiiiiiiiiiiii) New pheonix club is formed and accepted in the National league

(iiiiiiiiiiiiii) DCFC has a new owner, A consortium from DCFCfans message board

(iiiiiiiiiiiiiii) The new Chairman is B4ev6is, Who says DCFC as is good hands and will be all now looking forward to next having the 1st game all sell out....Come on Derby County!

Roman numerals really are a thing of the past

41 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Surely at this point, with next season's division still up in the air, there will be no preferred bidder and no sale? It's a question of waiting until we're definitely down or, unlikely but still possible, definitely up. If the latter it means almost certainly waiting until the end of the final game. 

In turn this informs the decision as to whether take a further 15 point deduction next season or stick to a business plan that sees the EFL maintain its financial straitjacket in an attempt to relegate us again. 

No options are good, with the additional pain of nothing happening for 3 more months unless we become cast adrift of safety. Need a little patience while the thread builds to 2000 pages. 

Carl, all being well the regulator will be in  place for the start of next season and Parry and his cronies will be gone, cannot see the sports minister and the mp's letting this go fingers crossed

15 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Negotiations are continuing in order to ensure a suitable bid can be accepted that satisfies the necessary criteria to fulfill the EFL’s requirements and insolvency law.

I read this as bids have been lodged and Quantuma are attempting to negotiate them up to the minimum level to satisfy Rick et al and UK insolvency Law ? 

They say the clue is in question, or answer in this case. At some point, which is now probably the end of the season as we have funding till then, we will have to accept 'a deal/best deal' and take the -15 and crack on. We can't start next season in admin so something will give. It's that balance for a bidder, is -15 in League one, a division we are likely to be in anyway, offer value in saving say £10M?. On the face of it I would say yes. £10M (or whatever, £5M even) goes a long way in League 1, new squad which will be needed as no-one is left, re-supplying the academy etc etc - for an extra year or two in League 1 to get a decent ground zero base and then push on. On balance, if I was bidding, I think I'd save the money and take the points/wait and see if the miracle happens and we stay up. Can't see a quick resolution given that answer from Q.

40 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Or...

(i) We have to pay a minimum of 25% upfront to satisfy the EFL (and not get the 15 point deduction next season), or 35% over 3 years

(iii) options could therefore be (but not limited to):

a) 25% payment upfront with no future payments

b) if in the Championship, 15% in Y1, 10% in Y2, 10% in Y3

c) if in L1, 5% in Y1, 15% in Y2, 15% in Y3

Yeah, the best we can hope for is 25% or 35% to HMRC, but I doubt they will accept it. However, if one of the bidders has offered 50% to HMRC over 2-years in Championship or over 3-years if relegated, then that might need some discussion or clarification with HMRC.

Also worrying is whether the EFL will accept it.  Technically, they might have to - but hit us with a 2 or 3-year budget / crucifixion plan (e.g. can't pay fees for players etc.). They're adamant that the 12-point deduction was just the first part of the punishment. They're not gonna let us buy a player for say £1M or 2M if that money could have gone towards the creditors.

58 minutes ago, erathirea said:

What have you got against VI? A former lover or something?

Number 4 was an ex girlfriend named ivy, His next girlfriend was Vivien he call her vi for short, A nasty breakup it was ?

Or he didn't like German rockets?‍♂️

Edited by Unlucky Alf

Essentially, the debt is the same BUT increasing Championship or League 1.  Creditors will want what they want regardless of League position.  It may be the debt balance decided on a payment plan will be adjusted if the clubs in League 1.  The debt to paid back will remain the same and under review to increase or decrease in speed based on money coming in but stays the same.  This will be fluid and reviewed every quarter based on ticket sales, transfer fees, contracts ratified etc .  This will be important to avoid default.  Basically,  don't think that clubs league of play will make any difference, it won't because after 6 months all those options by HMRC will have been looked at.  

It's simply that someone doesn't want to stump up a 30 million commitment.  Lets not forget that a fair few clubs are purchased with an ongoing lease on a stadium, not outright ownership, so that's another thing unlikely to be holding things up.

How these administrators haven't got someone to stump up 30 million over 3 years for a club with very sellable young players who need contracts tying up and a good 17 million of income coming in even in League 1, I'm not sure. Even giving Mel a couple of million for 10 years to pay of his loans. 

Out of their depth.

people can forget any idea of us surviving as a club until a preferred bidder is named. 

all i personally want from Q at the moment is for them to explain why its so difficult to name a preferred bidder. was the boro hold up ever the main issue here? they told us it was. now a month later and zero progress has still been made.

what is holding it up. be honest with us.

my theory is there are actually no buyers willing to put close to the amount required for the club, but then again why would they. they could buy another championship club for half the price. and that would include a stadium and players.

13 minutes ago, RamBeauIV said:

Yeah, the best we can hope for is 25% or 35% to HMRC, but I doubt they will accept it. However, if one of the bidders has offered 50% to HMRC over 2-years in Championship or over 3-years if relegated, then that might need some discussion or clarification with HMRC.

Also worrying is whether the EFL will accept it.  Technically, they might have to - but hit us with a 2 or 3-year budget / crucifixion plan (e.g. can't pay fees for players etc.). They're adamant that the 12-point deduction was just the first part of the punishment. They're not gonna let us buy a player for say £1M or 2M if that money could have gone towards the creditors.

if HMRC were going to do a deal it would have been announced already. they are not budging, and for me thats putting people off.

of course that would all be solved if mel foot the bill himself, as he was the one using tax money to fund his toy for the past 2 years. 

3 minutes ago, alram said:

if HMRC were going to do a deal it would have been announced already. they are not budging, and for me thats putting people off.

It's already been stated by Quantuma that any final agreement with HMRC can only be done by the Preferred Bidder, so this is yet more speculative bollo.