The Administration Thread

Boycie

14 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Thanks for replying Owen, appreciate the additional info, I had better lay off the conspiracy juice! And can I just say I’ve seen some of the absolute gibberish sent your way by clowns on Twitter these last few days, ignore the cretins, you and your colleagues do a brilliant job, especially in these trying times, so thank you. ? 

Thank you, I really appreciate that. 

41 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Gets my back up when the usual suspects fans are straight onto that twitter 'news' saying that 'They(we)' we are obviously up to no good and need punishing (again) somehow. Do they actually have the faintest idea what Administration is ? A company has come in and taken over the temporary running of club and there is not a thing we can do about it. As fans, players and coaching team we all want this resolved as soon as is humanly possible because we're utterly sick of the delay, uncertainty and general helplessness. However the club is being run by a 3rd party with the sole interests of the entity that appointed them, that's how it works.

These morons can't seem to separate an irrational and fanatical hatred of DCFC with something completely out of our power. WR and the boys turn up and do what they can on the pitch and us fans support them as best we can, that's it.. end of story. All the finances, admin and PR of the club are the sole responsibility of the Administrators. We don't in effect have a club at the moment we have someone else in charge who doesn't care about football or fans or frankly any of this, they just want the best settlement for who they represent. That isn't necessarily a criticism, just the reality of our desperate situation.

These ill-informed fans of other clubs just need to realise that there isn't some secret Satan-worshipping DCFC 'elites' laughing and cackling in a boardroom in PP, there are just some administrators... and they'd sell the turf from under the players boots if they thought it would squeeze a bit more cash out for their client. Nothing, absolutely noting that is happening is DCFCs 'fault' because there is no DCFC as such and won't be until such time as someone actually buys us and takes over running of it. Until then this is 100% the Administrators show.

Yes, it’s very odd being on the wrong end of it, the only ones who seem to have any empathy are those who have been through similar themselves, although you do sometimes get the odd one or two who see the bigger picture, but they get shouted down pretty quickly.

Id also say there was no way we could have done anything about it when Morris was in charge either, you’re never going to get an angry mob marching on the stadium demanding their owner stop spending money on players. IIRC there were many times questions were raised at the fan forums about the amortisation policy, but we were assured it was all above board (and I believe they genuinely thought it was), then by the time of the stadium sale Morris had pretty much gone to ground and we didn’t really have a voice any more, although plenty were against it on the forums.

Honestly some of the hysteria on twitter in ridiculous. Q are licensed insolvency professionals, there will be rationale for their approach. This has been a common theme all the way through the process, we blame the admins and then we realise they are simply doing their jobs. The idea that Andrew Hosking is sat in an office somewhere pressing 'hang up' on his phone every time the EFL call is complete nonsense, they are clearly extremely busy with something at the moment. 

The only conspiracy theory that makes any sense is the notion that some want this thread to get to 1000 pages. I've heard that reaching the thousand page milestone starts a bidding war between facebook and Twitter for the advertising rights.

It can be the only reason for the posting of such a massive amount of guff.

10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

He appoints the Administrators and then steps down and has no involvement in the administration. That is Insolvency Law.

I bet you, like me, are sick of having to explain this one.

The only 'involvement' Mel will now have is the deal on the stadium. He has named his price, whether that be an outright purchase or the monthly rental - right?

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Not answering the EFL’s calls after missing another deadline is disgraceful.

Quantuma’s grace period has surely gone now. They’re taking the piss.

I don’t like Quantuma but there’s annoying trend 

meet or speak to efl = efl have meeting = leak to Nixon and or Percy = publish damaging story about derby = moral panic = admin go silent = repeat 

7 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

The only conspiracy theory that makes any sense is the notion that some want this thread to get to 1000 pages. I've heard that reaching the thousand page milestone starts a bidding war between facebook and Twitter for the advertising rights.

It can be the only reason for the posting of such a massive amount of guff.

I heard the sheikh deal is back on when it reaches 1,000. I’m still holding out for Alonso though. He seemed like the real deal... did you see his house?

Is it just me or does anyone else find the time of the EFL comms arrogant and condescending - which shouldn’t be a surprise as that’s exactly the tone Rick Parry uses in his emails.  These last two announcements have added no value, just led to a lot of stress and anxiety.  Pre-match last night the chap on Sky said the EFL had said the 1st March wasn’t a hard deadline.  If that’s the case, why keep putting these statements out there, especially if there’s a meeting later??  It’s almost like they’re in the playground saying “my dads bigger than your dad” - to use a polite analogy.

As others have said, Quantuma clearly don’t trust the EFL as the media seem to have the outcome of any meeting before they’ve left the room.  It would be much better all round if Quantuma could be left alone to get on with it.

1 hour ago, BriggRam said:

Are the EFL trying to force Q's hand and gain info, so they can have a pre prepared statement ready when they scupper the plans....

Quantuma were due  to meet Efl this week. So why does Efl have to issue two statements in advance of that meeting ? Presumably to make it look as though they are the ones making things happen. Nothing could be further from the truth.. Efl had caused the delays in the first place.

Edited by PistoldPete

11 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Is it just me or does anyone else find the time of the EFL comms arrogant and condescending - which shouldn’t be a surprise as that’s exactly the tone Rick Parry uses in his emails.  These last two announcements have added no value, just led to a lot of stress and anxiety.  Pre-match last night the chap on Sky said the EFL had said the 1st March wasn’t a hard deadline.  If that’s the case, why keep putting these statements out there, especially if there’s a meeting later??  It’s almost like they’re in the playground saying “my dads bigger than your dad” - to use a polite analogy.

As others have said, Quantuma clearly don’t trust the EFL as the media seem to have the outcome of any meeting before they’ve left the room.  It would be much better all round if Quantuma could be left alone to get on with it.

I can just imagine parry typing out these statements on his iPhone. But like I am now but I’m not as self serving as parry and co. 

50 minutes ago, Owen87ITK said:

There was never £3m on the table for Tom Lawrence.

A big issue with most of the various bids in January was that very little of the money offered was up-front, and therefore wasn’t really of any use at all. 

That is what made the Crystal Palace offer for Plange different. 

When we hopefully get to the end of this complete shambles, it is to be hoped that the truth comes out and we get a chance to hear the facts about how the club, its supporters and staff have been badly let down.

53 minutes ago, curb said:

Yes, it’s very odd being on the wrong end of it, the only ones who seem to have any empathy are those who have been through similar themselves, although you do sometimes get the odd one or two who see the bigger picture, but they get shouted down pretty quickly.

Id also say there was no way we could have done anything about it when Morris was in charge either, you’re never going to get an angry mob marching on the stadium demanding their owner stop spending money on players. IIRC there were many times questions were raised at the fan forums about the amortisation policy, but we were assured it was all above board (and I believe they genuinely thought it was), then by the time of the stadium sale Morris had pretty much gone to ground and we didn’t really have a voice any more, although plenty were against it on the forums.

Your first point makes it baffling to me that so many Brum and Coventry fans want us to fold, sums up their IQ I suppose.