The Administration Thread

Boycie

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I hope it's not a bad omen but I've just started listening to The Trillion Dollar Conman about the Notts County takeover after they had been in administration for well over a year on BBC sounds.

This is the club that paid Sol Campbell and Sven 90k a week each in League 2.  I didn't think even we entered that world of Twilight Zone bat poo craziness.

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

This is the club that paid Sol Campbell and Sven 90k a week each in League 2.  I didn't think even we entered that world of Twilight Zone bat poo craziness.

Me neither although that's the scenario we might have faced had the likes of Alonso been successful. What worries me is the amount of time they were in administration and how they almost went out of business (I'm only on episode 2 though so I don't know the full details yet. No spoilers please).

The worst case scenario in my head is exiting administration but with a further 15 point deduction.

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

The difference is that a CVA gives HMRC a veto. I don't believe that HMRC will agree to anything less than 100%. That means about £60m to get a CVA. 

Hoskin told us that HMRC will give us a break because we are a ‘community asset’. So don’t understand where you’re coming from on this. I suspect HMRC will settle for 25% if there is no more than that available 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Usual garbled stuff from Nixon. Admin team has said they are not expecting any more penalties. Football creditors are quite low now .. what £5 m or £6 milion. 

Hmmmmmmmm, Nixon says the stadium will be leased, that was an already declared option from the Binnie bid?

Obviously Nixon’s stuff is to be taken with a pinch of salt, but it seems the EFL want this out there. 

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Me neither although that's the scenario we might have faced had the likes of Alonso been successful. What worries me is the amount of time they were in administration and how they almost went out of business (I'm only on episode 2 though so I don't know the full details yet. No spoilers please).

The worst case scenario in my head is exiting administration but with a further 15 point deduction.

Its a worry in some ways.  There's a lot of debt but we owed over 30 million in 2006 and got sold.  If Mel plays ball with the stadium and accepts a payment in line with paying MSD back and the new owner accepts upkeep costs, that shouldn't happen.  Pay all football creditors and agree a 40% upfront payment with HMRC and an ongoing payment plan for a negotiated remainder with quarterly review to see if they can get more, should be reached with relative smoothness.  Heard nothing about Wycombe so hopefully that ball bag isn't causing an issue.  

Example a 5 million sale goes ahead for a player.  HMRC will get some of the cash, or will need full clarity of where the moneys going.  Having a load of players leave for nowt in 5 months is not in their interest in getting a lot of cash due as the business won't be viable but the contracts will have to reflect realistic figures.  There ain't going to be any cash signings or big wages shelled out for a bit with that kind of review.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Its a worry in some ways.  There's a lot of debt but we owed over 30 million in 2006 and got sold.  If Mel plays ball with the stadium and accepts a payment in line with paying MSD back and the new owner accepts upkeep costs, that shouldn't happen.  Pay all football creditors and agree a 40% upfront payment with HMRC and an ongoing payment plan for a negotiated remainder with quarterly review to see if they can get more, should be reached with relative smoothness.  Heard nothing about Wycombe so hopefully that ball bag isn't causing an issue.  

Example a 5 million sale goes ahead for a player.  HMRC will get some of the cash, or will need full clarity of where the moneys going.  Having a load of players leave for nowt in 5 months is not in their interest in getting a lot of cash due as the business won't be viable but the contracts will have to reflect realistic figures.  There ain't going to be any cash signings or big wages shelled out for a bit with that kind of review.

Not unless mel give Ashley the cash to get this paid off.

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Hoskin told us that HMRC will give us a break because we are a ‘community asset’. So don’t understand where you’re coming from on this. I suspect HMRC will settle for 25% if there is no more than that available 

HMRC will not agree to anything until a preferred bidder us in place. They may settle for 25%, but if they had already indicated that, then I can see no reason why a PB has not already been announced. 

I don't believe that HMRC would have fought to gain preferential creditor status to effectively give it away again in the first insolvency afterwards - that is what the precedent of setting for 25% would mean.  Every club is a community asset, so that argument is entirely spurious. 

I believe that the position is that the 'cram down' offered to the court in the restructuring plan will treat HMRC as an unsecured creditor and the court will accept that as the creditors will gain more than from liquidation and the club is a community asset. 

I

9 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Baffling that Ashley or whoever would take the -15 points. It makes next season a complete waste of time and another depressing experience.

It actually gives the new owner a pressure free year to restructure the club as they see fit. If Ashley takes over, every player we enquire about will be double the price. In this scenario, Ashley could instruct the manager and recruitment team to only sign bargains, thus setting us up as a club that can't be held to ransom.

In the medium term it could be beneficial and would save about £30m in the short term. Another season of treading water is obviously frustrating for us fans, but I can see some logic for an owner. 

50 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Wasn't there a 'rumour' on here earlier in the week that Ashley may infact just buy the stadium and then lease it to the new owners, Binnies.

Nixon could be right.

I think that was humour, not rumour.

You'll never know tho.