The Administration Thread

Boycie

38 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Everyone seems to be hell bent on Ashley as he can splash the cash. He can't, no matter how much money he has. 

Mel invested a fortune on the squad, breaking FFP in order to make us competitive against the parachute clubs, but it broke us.

He invested heavily in the academy which isn't subject to FFP.

Ashley was criticised by The Toon Army for not investing in the infrastructure of the club, something Mel certainly did.

So money bags Mike can come in and but he cannot splurge on players because we play under FFP in this league. I don't see what a rich owner brings that will change anything. We can only spend what we earn.

So it doesn't matter who comes in the same amount of money will be available to Rooney, or whoever else is in charge next season.

It's a boring prospect but until The EFL and EPL make this a fair competition that's how it is.

Appelby 2.0 will get us stable and edging back to the top of the championship in due course.

I think you're misreading people's minds. I want Mike Ashley in but for the oposite reason to that which you state. Mike Ashley is incredibly good at buying businesses in distress and making them profitable. We have had an owner who tried to get us to the promised land with the shortest journey. He took a sort cut through hazardous waters, icebergs, sharks, storms. He nearly sank the ship. Now we need an owner who will get us to that promised land but who will take the long way around - through the calm waters. Mike Ashley was at Newcastle a long time. We need that, not some investment company with a three year exit strategy, but someone who will take us to the Premier league without breaking rules. It might be five years of finishing mid table before we see a top six but I will take that over the risks that MM took.

9 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Everyone seems to be hell bent on Ashley as he can splash the cash. He can't, no matter how much money he has. 

Mel invested a fortune on the squad, breaking FFP in order to make us competitive against the parachute clubs, but it broke us.

He invested heavily in the academy which isn't subject to FFP.

Ashley was criticised by The Toon Army for not investing in the infrastructure of the club, something Mel certainly did.

So money bags Mike can come in and but he cannot splurge on players because we play under FFP in this league. I don't see what a rich owner brings that will change anything. We can only spend what we earn.

So it doesn't matter who comes in the same amount of money will be available to Rooney, or whoever else is in charge next season.

It's a boring prospect but until The EFL and EPL make this a fair competition that's how it is.

Appelby 2.0 will get us stable and edging back to the top of the championship in due course.

I think what some people see is that Ashley is a businessman first. Whilst I dont agree with some of his business practises he is affective at what he does. I am sure most of us would take Newcastles positions over the last few years.

Imo he would not get involved with DCFC if he doesn't think he can take us to better places else it will cost him too much. If he sees us as viable that's a +ve in my book.

Ashley's has made an empire picking up mismanaged businesses on the brink of extinction and bringing them back to life.

What people want is pragmatism and experience not the over zealous, cheating 'fan' owner we had before or the stale frivolous Americana before him.

11 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Mad innit? And based on what?

They last won the English top division in 1927 and last won the FA Cup in 1955

They had a brief 4 season spell in the late 90s where they nearly came good, but ultimately won nothing

I know a load of Geordies and they are all the same - seem to think a big ground and a loyal fanbase gives them the right to be successful

I think it’s based on desperation for success. I’ve lived in the North East for the last 40 years or so. I have good mates who are Newcastle or Sunderland fans. Most of them are extremely passionate about their team and unrealistic in their expectations. I don’t hold that against them, most football fans are. 

Ashley didn’t go out of his way to endear himself to Newcastle fans. That didn’t help the relationship. 

He’ll do for me though if he saves our Club?

Many fans have commented how enjoyable this season is. The togetherness of the team and the fans and the general match day atmosphere. Without any cash being splashed, maybe that is our “success”? Obviously, we need an owner that will make sure we don’t go into liquidation but beyond that, we, as a fan base must continue this mode of operation. Making following Derby a special experience, win lose or draw. Seeing your family and friends at the match and being passionate about it. That’s the way we “compete” with any clubs, regardless of which division they play in. 

3 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Many fans have commented how enjoyable this season is. The togetherness of the team and the fans and the general match day atmosphere. Without any cash being splashed, maybe that is our “success”? Obviously, we need an owner that will make sure we don’t go into liquidation but beyond that, we, as a fan base must continue this mode of operation. Making following Derby a special experience, win lose or draw. Seeing your family and friends at the match and being passionate about it. That’s the way we “compete” with any clubs, regardless of which division they play in. 

While this has been a special season with a great atmosphere, sadly without some chance of success this support isn't sustainable in the long run.

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Pb won’t be asked to cover running costs beyond next season. They will be covered by revenue from ticket sales and from tv , sponsorship etc. Even in league one that will be substantial. 

Cash flow is the issue.

Sponsorship - start of season
Tickets - match by match
Transfer instalments- as they fall due
TV - end of season

That TV money makes up a very large chunk of annual revenue.

7 hours ago, Bubbles said:

So, Mike Ashley announced by end of next week, allowing us to extend contracts, and potentially bring in free agents (up to the EFL)

Happy. very happy.

And to those who are sceptical about Ashley, he’s only going to invest to get profit on us, and the only way realistically to get a profit is to turn us into a debt-free, sustainable Premier League club.

Again, Very happy.

Being named as preferred bidder doesn't alter anything,they still have to satisfy the EFL and come to an agreement with a business plan regarding exiting administration. The administrators are still in charge until someone is actually named as the owner of the club.

8 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I see all this stuff from the Geordies about the lack of investment in the academy and facilities at Sid James park and think, if you've spent the last so many years hearing the fans calling you a fat cockney barsteward,  would you invest more?

Mind you, didn’t Mel get the same?

22 minutes ago, sage said:

While this has been a special season with a great atmosphere, sadly without some chance of success this support isn't sustainable in the long run.

Well I think Derby have a strong and loyal fanbase. Never under 20,000 average at Pride Park and not had much success. Ok, promotion and playoff campaigns. I mean success this season would be surviving relegation. I think relegation would bring a drop in numbers but not by much.

51 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

I think you're misreading people's minds. I want Mike Ashley in but for the oposite reason to that which you state. Mike Ashley is incredibly good at buying businesses in distress and making them profitable. We have had an owner who tried to get us to the promised land with the shortest journey. He took a sort cut through hazardous waters, icebergs, sharks, storms. He nearly sank the ship. Now we need an owner who will get us to that promised land but who will take the long way around - through the calm waters. Mike Ashley was at Newcastle a long time. We need that, not some investment company with a three year exit strategy, but someone who will take us to the Premier league without breaking rules. It might be five years of finishing mid table before we see a top six but I will take that over the risks that MM took.

What makes you think Ashley will be able to get us to the PL faster than anyone else, or even why he would be more qualified?

GSE and Appelby got us to the play-off final without breaking any rules. Ashley's Newcastle, whilst being relegated twice, benefited from parachute payments to bounce straight back. So, as an owner, Ashley has never had to run a football club under the yoke of full EFL P&S restrictions.

Edited by 24Charlie

34 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I see all this stuff from the Geordies about the lack of investment in the academy and facilities at Sid James park and think, if you've spent the last so many years hearing the fans calling you a fat cockney barsteward,  would you invest more?

I really want to believe the Ashley is a decent bloke and the Geordies were ungrateful, unrealistic, never happy, nagging idiots.

But....Dennis Wise...really? Kinnear? that Charnley fella., Llambias ...massive alarm bells all round. 

Still...I am wanting him to be announced #hopethatkillsyou

6 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I really want to believe the Ashley is a decent bloke and the Geordies were ungrateful, unrealistic, never happy, nagging idiots.

But....Dennis Wise...really? Kinnear? that Charnley fella., Llambias ...massive alarm bells all round. 

Still...I am wanting him to be announced #hopethatkillsyou

Don't know if appointing those managers are alarm bells. Maybe Dennis Wise? Kinnear got a promotion with Luton and did well with Wimbledon .