The Administration Thread

Boycie

10 minutes ago, Jortat said:

Every time we have a bit of decent news we are slammed back by the EFL moving the goalposts to fit their agenda.

They want us relegated, end of story and it would not surprise me at all if Reading got some of their points back directly from the EFL.

The closer we get to getting out of administration and avoiding relegation, the more the EFL snakes squirm and think of new ways to have us over.

These changes of rules mid season surely cannot be legal from a governing body.

This needs to be brought up in parliament again to stop these crooks from running the league.

COYR?

I agree. It is clear that the EFL have an agenda against Derby County and it needs to be brought up. The EFL are not fit for purpose!

Let's be realistic, the EFL would be completely wrong not to allow greater leniency around P&S due to Covid. The fact that they've now basically admitted that our amortisation policy wasn't against the rules is utterly ridiculous though.

Does anyone know if Covid had any impact on our P&S failings, and therefore our points deductions? I'm really not clued up on the small print.

28 minutes ago, David said:

Just sent this to Rick Parry. I'm still yet to receive a reply to my previous email, just needed to vent my frustration. This isn't acceptable, you can't run football like this.

Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 18.41.40.png

And just to back you up, David, EFL did use professional accountants, Deloitte to support their case. But the guy from Deloittes was only there to provide the numbers to support their case. He wasn't able or willing to say whether the amortisation method we adopted was in breach of an accounting standard.

So a fair question is if EFL had access to Deloittes to help their case why didn't they get Deloittes to support them in saying the amortisation method was in breach of an accounting standard. I think we can guess the answer to that one too. 

I'm not bothered by the £2.5m allowance for 21/22 as it seems fair if it reflects reality - attendances are still below pre-Covid levels after all.

However, a £5m max allowance for 20/21 doesn't seem right at all, when some clubs have gate receipts almost double that figure.

Match receipts and commercial income in a normal season is about £13m for us, but would have been pretty much £0... so why only £5m allowed? That was the difference between failing and passing P&S for the 17/18-20/21 period ?

1 hour ago, JfR said:

"In addition, EFL Clubs have agreed that a mandatory requirement for the amortisation of Player Registrations on a straight-line basis should be included."
Isn't the implication of this that straight-line amortisation wasn't a mandatory requirement previously?

Yeah, I've dropped old Rick boy an email and copied in Dame Margaret Beckett. In their giddy rush to ensure Steve Gibson is not inconvenienced by mere P & S regs applied to everyone else, they've inadvertently turned a 12-gauge on their own tootsies.

The indecent haste with which they've dealt with this matter also rather shines a light on the 24 months+++ they've taken thus far to sanction Derby. Quite amazing how quickly they can make a call when said call serves to protect their own interests rather than those of the clubs they are meant to serve. Given it's apparently quite acceptable to move the P & S 'goalposts' mid-season, clearly a retrospective reduction of the points deductions already applied in said season should provide no challenges whatsoever.

An interesting couple of weeks ahead, methinks!

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm not bothered by the £2.5m allowance for 21/22 as it seems fair if it reflects reality - attendances are still below pre-Covid levels after all.

However, a £5m max allowance for 20/21 doesn't seem right at all, when some clubs have gate receipts almost double that figure.

Match receipts and commercial income in a normal season is about £13m for us, but would have been pretty much £0... so why only £5m allowed? That was the difference between failing and passing P&S for the 17/18-20/21 period ?

Yeah I think that's a flaw isnt it .. shouldnt the allowance for COVID refelct th elost revenue.. which will be bigger for clubs with larger fabases.  Mind you, you could say the same about FFP generally.

I think the analogy is that we are in an organization (EFL) where we are not wanted or welcome.

I am afraid we just have to live with it. 

I feel sick to the stomach with this and feel we are being victimised

I just hope if we get new owners they can deal with the EFL 

Edited by Curtains
Spelling

2 hours ago, JfR said:

"In addition, EFL Clubs have agreed that a mandatory requirement for the amortisation of Player Registrations on a straight-line basis should be included."
Isn't the implication of this that straight-line amortisation wasn't a mandatory requirement previously?

Absolutely. The requirement was to use a method that met the requirements of Frs102. Nowhere in that does it stipulate that straight line should be used in all circumstances. 

6 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Yeah, I've dropped old Rick boy an email and copied in Dame Margaret Beckett. In their giddy rush to ensure Steve Gibson is not inconvenienced by mere P & S regs applied to everyone else, they've inadvertently turned a 12-gauge on their own tootsies.

The indecent haste with which they've dealt with this matter also rather shines a light on the 24 months+++ they've taken thus far to sanction Derby. Quite amazing how quickly they can make a call when said call serves to protect their own interests rather than those of the clubs they are meant to serve. Given it's apparently quite acceptable to move the P & S 'goalposts' mid-season, clearly a retrospective reduction of the points deductions already applied in said season should provide no challenges whatsoever.

Absolutely. Disgraceful behaviour. 

If it's OK to be prosecuted retrospectively then it's surely OK to be cleared exonerated retrospectively. 

Pretty sure we knew from the start that we didn’t do anything wrong with our accounting. Yes we saw a loophole and exploited it but that was on the EFL and still is.   

No point getting angry, best thing we can hope for is us doing the great escape with a decent owner in place and we can hopefully crack ok next season. 

This has all come from Mel being a sneaky bigger, EFL not wanting to take accountability and Gibson being jealous and blackmailing the EFL in to being his slave. 

What the EFL have done to Derby is criminal.  If I was the new owner of the club, I'd sue them. But I doubt any actual new owner will.  I wonder if Mel Morris is in the mood for an other fight with the EFL. Because what the EFL have done must have had an impact on his personal finances.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Pretty sure the efl response is going to be "dcfc agreed to the 9 points and by our calculations that could've been a lot higher so sit down and shut up" and "we said mel put you into administration because he decided to not covid so no"

Gibbo spent too much money because he decided to not due to COVID.

And was there any threat of legal action if EFL didn't agree to Gibson and co's demands, which seems to be his standard tactic?

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes. Reflecting that the LAP judgement didn’t say: amortisation must be straight line. Instead it said: Derby’s method does not comply with FRS 102

I don't disagree. It doesn't underdo that first breach in regard to use of an amortisation policy which didn't comply with FRS102. The issue I do have is that the EFL insisted that the accounts be resubmitted using a straight-line methodology, and opposed the club's argument that they could implement an FRS102 compliant non-straight-line amortisation policy, in line with the rulings made in the commission, in the resubmitted accounts.

1 minute ago, 1of4 said:

What the EFL have done to Derby is criminal.  If I was the new owner of the club, I'd sue them. But I doubt any actual new owner will.  I wonder if Mel Morris is in the mood for an other fight with the EFL. Because what the EFL have done must have had an impact on his personal finances.

If it's Ashley you don't think he would have a pop at EFL? Especially when they are heading for extinction so what's to lose? 

23 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Thank you. The EFL need legislating they can't make it up as they go along to suit them.