The Administration Thread

Boycie

Think it was an excellent interview by Chris Coles earlier. Asked all the tough questions and really pushed Andrew Hosking. RD really need to give him the big interviews for as long as they have him (they won’t have him for long as I think he’s destined for bigger things)

As for Quantuma, we will see what happens in the next 3 weeks but I have no reason to doubt them. I think some will be eating humble pie, they’ve been blamed by a lot of the fans for delays missing deadlines etc, clearly they had a plan and we’re executing, Reading between the lines the EFL we’re aware of that plan to some degree and then what happened over the Boro and Wycombe claims was a clear major curveball. For all the smoke and mirrors from the EFL and Boro it clearly was the main issue. This has been a bloody complex mess left behind by Morris and thankfully he’s moved to clean up a major part of it. Doesn’t forgive what he’s done, likewise I feel no different about Gibson as he’s nearly pushed our club to the wall for a personal battle of egos. They are both Bamfords, but at least Gibson pays his debts, he may be a Bamford but fully understand why Boro fans give him hero status and defend him to the hilt.

Finally we have some optimism off the pitch, could we possibly now see a preferred bidder named, funding to the end of the season to lift our embargo restrictions enough to sign a couple of freebies, Derby survive relegation, a takeover completed that pays off creditors via a CVA in line with EFL rules meaning no -15 points deduction, we extend all our players contracts bring in some astute signings, and we start next season in the championship on zero points - possibly even contemplating a playoff push?! Starting to think this could be possible now. Can you imagine?! 

1 hour ago, David said:

Looks like a science experiment 

It's a history project really. The idea was that the glass could be attached to the side of an 18th century coach, and the coachman, who had to stay outside with his horses whilst his passengers would be able to venture inside the inn, would be able to drink the beer without removing his gloves. The wooden support cradle was developed later.

https://belgianbeers.co.uk/beer-blog/why-is-kwak-beer-served-in-such-a-unique-glass/

2 hours ago, Tombo said:

On this topic, what has happened to draft Guinness in this country? I used to love the stuff and it's been absolutely vile for about 2 or 3 years now.

Is it my taste changing or did they do something to it? Or a water supply thing?

I heard what we get here is made from concentrate produced in Nigeria. Is that possible ?

1 hour ago, Wignall12 said:

Good head with that ........

Oops !

That's how it's meant to be. When the beer runs down the narrow neck, it generates a lot of froth. Also, the Kwak glass has a rough embossed emblem etched into the inside at the bottom, which keeps the bubbles generating and prolongs the life of the head and lacing. Most Belgian beers have their own glass - some more elaborate and quirky than others.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I have a concern about my visit to the Kwak’s yesterday. He sent me in to a little room to do a specimen, but was unclear as to what was required. I went for a mixture of poo, urine and semen, and it now seems the bar steward bottled it and sent it over to you.

You never did know whether you were coming or going.

1 hour ago, RamontheMoor said:

A trip to Morrisons for me tomorrow then......

£3 a bottle for the Kwak. They've also got Westmalle Tripel at £2.50, La Chouffe at £2, Lindemann's Gueuze at £4.50, big bottles of Karmeliet at £5, Duvel at £2, Duvel Triple Hop at £2.50 and one or two others too.

28 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Think it was an excellent interview by Chris Coles earlier. Asked all the tough questions and really pushed Andrew Hosking. RD really need to give him the big interviews for as long as they have him (they won’t have him for long as I think he’s destined for bigger things)

As for Quantuma, we will see what happens in the next 3 weeks but I have no reason to doubt them. I think some will be eating humble pie, they’ve been blamed by a lot of the fans for delays missing deadlines etc, clearly they had a plan and we’re executing, Reading between the lines the EFL we’re aware of that plan to some degree and then what happened over the Boro and Wycombe claims was a clear major curveball. For all the smoke and mirrors from the EFL and Boro it clearly was the main issue. This has been a bloody complex mess left behind by Morris and thankfully he’s moved to clean up a major part of it. Doesn’t forgive what he’s done, likewise I feel no different about Gibson as he’s nearly pushed our club to the wall for a personal battle of egos. They are both Bamfords, but at least Gibson pays his debts, he may be a Bamford but fully understand why Boro fans give him hero status and defend him to the hilt.

Finally we have some optimism off the pitch, could we possibly now see a preferred bidder named, funding to the end of the season to lift our embargo restrictions enough to sign a couple of freebies, Derby survive relegation, a takeover completed that pays off creditors via a CVA in line with EFL rules meaning no -15 points deduction, we extend all our players contracts bring in some astute signings, and we start next season in the championship on zero points - possibly even contemplating a playoff push?! Starting to think this could be possible now. Can you imagine?! 

One interesting implication was that the Wycombe claim is apparently not a concern to the admins or to buyers. Suggests that the legal opinions Q has said Gibbo shouldn’t win, Couhig won’t win.

Sorry to be a bit off topic but in my defence I am in a pub enjoying a pint of Landlord. 

46 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I heard what we get here is made from concentrate produced in Nigeria. Is that possible ?

What we get here is mostly supplied from Dublin - the Park Royal brewery closed in 2005. If it doesn't taste right, it's because the pub doesn't clean its lines regularly. Clean lines, regular turnover, the basic principles of a good pint of anything.