The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

First, let me say that it's good news that Gibson and Morris have reached an agreement, particularly if it is sufficient to remove an impediment to a takeover of DCFC. If this also helps to reduce tensions tomorrow, that's no bad thing either. 

I do wonder though how this confidential agreement sits with those Boro fans who claimed that it wasn't about money, it was about principles? How does a private financial settlement address that objective? It doesn't, does it? No admission of "guilt", no public apology, no prostration of Mel Morris on the ground in front of Gibson pleading forgiveness. 

Just admit it was about the money all along and we can move on. 

Because it was about Morris?

I don't think it was entirely about money, but I don't think it was principle either. I think it was about businessman ego problems.

I mean the closest DCFC ever got to any admission of wrong doing was accepting 9 points in relation to the restated P&S figures.

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

saw one Boro fan on Twitter say that people up there referred to Gibson like their own grandfather.

Does he smell of piss and cabbage?

5 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Couhig's made some odd noises all the way through this (at some point coming close to suggesting he doesn't expect to actually win any money). But in some ways he a more difficult problem, if a smaller one. I think Gibson had a huge problem with Morris but I think he also understands the value of a club like Derby to the people who live there. Not sure Couhig does (might be doing him a disservice, they do have team sport if America after all...)

Just now, vonwright said:

Couhig's made some odd noises all the way through this (at some point coming close to suggesting he doesn't expect to actually win any money). But in some ways he a more difficult problem, if a smaller one. I think Gibson had a huge problem with Morris but I think he also understands the value of a club like Derby to the people who live there. Not sure Couhig does (might be doing him a disservice, they do have team sport if America after all...)

Which seems to be owned by the biggest franchise moving at the drop of a hat unless its Baseball.  It's not the same.

43 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Presume the Coors is the starter, before a couple of Wainwrights, then moving onto the Doom Bar for the main session?

Just had a doombar, but that's because the barman is an idiot. It's drinkable, but not a lager

Have Wycombe even launched a formal legal claim yet? The Boro claim was fantastical but the Wycombe claim is totally baseless.

It’s a shame the rest of the football community don’t seem to care for their parasitic opportunism. It’s paramount the club survives, above everything else, but with Morris settling on our behalf the wider footballing world will only see it as a concession of guilt. I can’t say I’ll ever forgive either club.

7 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

Have Wycombe even launched a formal legal claim yet? The Boro claim was fantastical but the Wycombe claim is totally baseless.

It’s a shame the rest of the football community don’t seem to care for their parasitic opportunism. It’s paramount the club survives, above everything else, but with Morris settling on our behalf the wider footballing world will only see it as a concession of guilt. I can’t say I’ll ever forgive either club.

Who said Morris had settled

Seeing as Cun*hig probably knows his only leverage is the claim not being resolved and his best chance of anything positive is a settlement out of a need to facilitate the takeover, he's now likely to dig his heels in to just not resolve the issue (and shout loudly he should have some money) however, his big dog friend has dropped out, he doesn't as much of a hold over the EFL and there is politics at play to persuade him otherwise.