The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If the EFL enforced their own rules they would dismiss these frivolous claims which breach EFL regulations (clubs cannot pursue action against another club for P&S breaches)

Which is why Parry won’t read the Middlesbrough claims - he keeps saying that the EFL haven’t seen them !

1 minute ago, BoroWill said:

I think if it came down to the wire he would drop the claim. 

But this is his endgame….ultimately, it would be Morris’ fault for putting OUR club into administration. Morris would therefore go down in history as the reason The Rams died. Irrespective of who had their foot on our neck not letting us get up. 

If this is something you can not grasp, and you can not see the vindictive nature of your prophet, then I suggest you slither back to your nice safe forum where (because of some nice backroom dealings) you only have to worry about your standard end of season flop. 

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Thnak BoroWill, Yyou have been courteous and brave, just very misguided in your judgement of Gibson. And the effect he is having, and even worse potentially could have, on our local community in Derby and Derbyshire.

Having had him represent our club for 36 years after saving us from a far worse situation than your own, I think my judgement of him is probably based on a bit more than yours, and far less likely to be misguided. But thank you for your kind words.

Do you think the result on Saturday will have an impact? If we win and liquidate you lose 1 point but other clubs could lose more Forest, Blackburn.. if you win and we liquidate you lose 4 points I doubt you’d want that. It’s getting to a point where it may start to look more of a problem and Gibsons actions could have an outcome on play off places.

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The administrators accepted a 9 point deduction to get the sale moving - clearly that was a major mistake by them but then again the way things are panning out we might as well appeal it as it doesn’t matter what’s in the rules anymore about timings or having the right to do so and we can refuse to have the issue dealt with.

There's certainly a case to appeal both the 9-point deuction and also to re-start the appeal against the 12-point Admin deduction. Both were accepted by the Admins in good faith in order to move forward with the sale - the EFL's actions since that point have clearly breached any level of trust and the agreement should therefore be considered invalid.

I've also posted previously that I'm far from sure we were formally charged with breaching P&S rules before accepting the 9-point deduction. It was almost a gentlemans agreement that the re-submitted accounts showed a breach so as we were going to be charged, why not save time and negotiate a suitable punishment? Unless the Admins admitted guilt in accepting the punishment (doubtful) then Gibson and Co possibly are making claims based on our guilt in breaching P&S rules (which technically didn't happen).....

6 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

And if not, would you support his decision?

If the answer to that is no then you shouldn't be backing him to have taken it as far as he already has.

If the answer is yes, well quite frankly there's no need for anyone to continue to be civil toward you.

24 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Morris himself said that what we did was legal, and it was said in defence of your stadium sale which was also found to be legal and I have already said this in an earlier post.

So why all this wanting to sue cause you lost the last 7 matches. Ive been watching the rams since the 60's and if we go under because of this i will never forgive your owner or your club.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Oh that's okay then. We can all have a laugh about it afterwards then. It's been such fun, every day. Thanks.

Remember that time Mel started a fire and Gibson summoned a Tsunami to put it out? 

Yeah, we totally deserved that. Because we sang a song at a match and said something on twitter

Just now, R@M said:

But this is his endgame….ultimately, it would be Morris’ fault for putting OUR club into administration. Morris would therefore go down in history as the reason The Rams died. Irrespective of who had their foot on our neck not letting us get up. 

If this is something you can not grasp, and you can not see the vindictive nature of your prophet, then I suggest you slither back to your nice safe forum where (because of some nice backroom dealings) you only have to worry about your standard end of season flop. 

It is nobody but Morris' fault that you are in administration. Entering administration was a voluntary action taken by him.

Just now, BoroWill said:

Having had him represent our club for 36 years after saving us from a far worse situation than your own, I think my judgement of him is probably based on a bit more than yours, and far less likely to be misguided. But thank you for your kind words.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

I'm so glad our debts aren't as high as £2m, with no points deductions, no 30 month long embargo, no EFL fine and no parasites claiming against my club. We're so fortunate.

32 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

But.....but ....but didn't Rick Parry comment on it on the day it was released?

It needs to be handed over in a bound folder, printed on one page, Arial 12pt, single line spacing, signed for by a board member, or nothing can happen.

They are the rules and the EFL must follow the rules for the good of the game (they do however very much hope Derby can be saved, and encourage other parties to come up with pragmatic solutions).

Edited by vonwright

2 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

So why all this wanting to sue cause you lost the last 7 matches. Ive been watching the rams since the 60's and if we go under because of this i will never forgive your owner or your club.

We didn't lose our last 7 matches, in fact we won 5 of our last 6 matches.

2 hours ago, BoroWill said:

There absolutely is a standard amortisation policy used by football clubs.

Although the one used by MM wasn’t, and still isn’t against any EFL or general accountancy rules, the policy MM used was passed as OK by a DC which made up of experts in the field of accountancy. So, under pressure from Gobshite, the league appealed to an LAP, which consisted of no experts in the field, who unsurprisingly found it breached a general accountancy policy which doesn’t even mention the amortisation policy used by DCFC, which incidentally had been signed off for three years by the league themselves. Finding us guilty retrospectively also gave us no opportunity to adjust our spending to bring it in a line with a different method of amortisation.

oh, and the original claim by Gibbon face was against the stadium sale, which we were also not guilty of breaching any of the current EFL rules.

Edited by curb

Just now, vonwright said:

It needs to be handed over in a bound folder, printed on one page, Arial 12pt, single line spacing, signed for by a board member, or nothing can happen.

They are the rules and the EFL must follow the rules for the good of the game.

To be fair, you would expect there to be some kind of formal communication with the various parties beyond some loosely worded open letter. Let’s be honest 

I welcome you too. No point blaming ALL Boro supporters. I know you had a terrible situation yourselves....I suspect the difference would be that no other Club were sticking their oar in and asking for cash when you were skint? That's the difference. We are uniquely vulnerable at the moment, "unique" not because we are special, and not because we want to unpunished...we just resent another Club piling in. I think you would feel the same the other way round and I van promise I would hate my Club doing what your Chairman is doing.

Just now, Maharan said:

To be fair, you would expect there to be some kind of formal communication with the various parties beyond some loosely worded open letter. Let’s be honest 

Well, I think the onus should largely be on the EFL to find creative and constructive solutions. The germ of one has been presented - does the EFL have no role in actively pursuing it, and refining it into a form all parties could accept? Rather than sneering and leaking, basically.