The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Mmmh. The letter may have some positive effect, but I can’t see Mel having his ultimate duel fantasy with Gibson in Court. High Noon at the High Court. The letters we have seen from both parties only confirm to me that the club is caught in the middle of a fight between two petty dick swingers rather than two fearsome gun slingers.

Weren’t the issues always really about egos ?‍♂️

Well written Mel, who seemingly has three objectives about which we can only guess, of course.

The first is to expose authoritatively and in detail what he sees as the incompetence of the EFL in recent years, about which many Forum members have written and commentators complained. The context for the current dispute is too easily overlooked by outsiders. He has brought it to everyone's attention.

His second objective is to flush out the motives of MFC, WW and the EFL. If between them, they find ways to reject his offer - as some suspect is likely - they will bring the wrath of MPs etc down on themselves. Andrew Bridgen's rapid and positive response to Mel's offer is a breath of fresh air which indicates the tornado which will blow against these three parties if they stick to their pea-shooters.

HIs third objective will be (I hope, for his sake and DCFC's) to free the logjam which will remain if the EFL dismisses his offer. If he then reassures any potential bidders for DCFC that they can ignore any cost of litigation against DCFC, Q can then rapidly name a PB and finalise arrangements with all other creditors. If Mel had gone straight to his third objective by making this offer now - as some have suggested - he would have missed the opportunity to achieve his second objective.

We all make mistakes, and Mel has made some which are very expensive for himself and DCFC. But his intentions cannot be questioned. They are in marked contrast to those we suspect of the three parties, and I hope much of the venom against him is now withdrawn. More importantly, I hope that if he indemnifies the potential bidders, Q will now move quickly because they no longer have any rationale to keep schtum, leave us in the dark and allow the continued and damaging exit of our playing staff.

We sure do live in interesting times!

Just now, Unlucky Alf said:

I thought he was going to show his colleagues so not accepted yet, But can Boro put a spanner in the works by saying...Nope!

They can, but if the EFL want them to do it and Boro say no then we might see the EFL stance shift away from supporting Boro's position? They could simply say that Gibson had an out and didnt take it so do one.

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Fair play to Morris, he has caused this mess which is well documented, regardless of his intentions. However he is finally calling the bluff of the chancers involved, saying “come on, let’s focus on your issues with me and let the club be”. I think I just found a teeny tiny spark of respect somewhere in the void… 

We need to try and get in touch with the chancer from the usa and call him out see if he is game or not ,because he talks like he knows whats what but does he know English law and its peculiarities (small usa cos that`s what he is )

23 minutes ago, JfR said:

I have no idea as to whether it is actually legally viable for MB and WW to take action against Mel instead of the club, but it does seem the most ideal route for all parties. If it is legally shown that Mel cannot volunteer to take responsibility, I would seriously hope that he would instead commit to underwriting any legal costs and potential award if the claims continued against Derby, taking that financial responsibility out of the hands of the club and future owner(s). I would assume there must be same way in which that could be done.

My thoughts exactly, covering costs in the unlikely event we lose..

Ok I've read it now.

A couple of interesting points, but basically 3 pages of self justification and an offer that probably won't be taken up. I did say the MFC "open letter" last week had a lot of not relevant points, so does this.

Interestingly Wycombe have just said we owe them money but not claimed it by way of proceedings...

I'll have to go through and think about it more critically later.

I do think However that this move from Morris does achieve a lot in terms of narrative, positioning and reputation, if Boro and Wycombe reject this, no matter how practical or justified the reason the wider world will see their continuing action in a different light.

I don’t see how the Wycombe “claim” now holds up at all. Boro, I get, if the basis is that they made their grievance known, in writing in Jan ‘21, but Wycombe have seemingly and literally come out of nowhere…

Edited by StaffsRam

1 minute ago, Half fan said:

Well written Mel, who seemingly has three objectives about which we can only guess, of course.

The first is to expose authoritatively and in detail what he sees as the incompetence of the EFL in recent years, about which many Forum members have written and commentators complained. The context for the current dispute is too easily overlooked by outsiders. He has brought it to everyone's attention.

His second objective is to flush out the motives of MFC, WW and the EFL. If between them, they find ways to reject his offer - as some suspect is likely - they will bring the wrath of MPs etc down on themselves. Andrew Bridgen's rapid and positive response to Mel's offer is a breath of fresh air which indicates the tornado which will blow against these three parties if they stick to their pea-shooters.

HIs third objective will be (I hope, for his sake and DCFC's) to free the logjam which will remain if the EFL dismisses his offer. If he then reassures any potential bidders for DCFC that they can ignore any cost of litigation against DCFC, Q can then rapidly name a PB and finalise arrangements with all other creditors. If Mel had gone straight to his third objective by making this offer now - as some have suggested - he would have missed the opportunity to achieve his second objective.

We all make mistakes, and Mel has made some which are very expensive for himself and DCFC. But his intentions cannot be questioned. They are in marked contrast to those we suspect of the three parties, and I hope much of the venom against him is now withdrawn. More importantly, I hope that if he indemnifies the potential bidders, Q will now move quickly because they no longer have any rationale to keep schtum, leave us in the dark and allow the continued and damaging exit of our playing staff.

We sure do live in interesting times!

I wonder who has got the movie rights to this?

mel played by  Arnie

Gibson played by ?

Couhig played by Gollum 

Parry played by ?

28 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

This has always been an open and shut case, we just needed someone to lay it all out for everyone to see.

I thank Mel for the experience I had reading that, it was incredibly cathartic to see Boro/Wycombe/EFL “destroyed by facts and logic”, seeing as they’ve had more statements than dumps recently.

However, I do wish he’d just come out with a statement saying he’d take the claims on for DCFC rather than using it as an opportunity to get digs in on his arch nemeses, like we’re part of the season finale of the Mel Show. He’s clearly trying to hit some home run that will restore his reputation, which isn’t happening.

He should have offered to do that months ago, at the very latest when we were slapped with the latest transfer embargo and Jags was off. We all know it’s an easy win case, the only possible excuse is his health.

It was nice to remember what it was like to have an owner fighting your corner and he’s proving a point; if the EFL don’t take him up on this, the heat on them from the public might finally outweigh the heat from Gibson.

Mel coming out with a seething anti-EFL, anti-Gibson statement and the Derby fans lapping it up? It’s like we’re back in the good old days.

E7BEA3BF-925E-4389-B953-6DA65A2910EE.jpeg.19ec96a660a8298a28de95f2e4767c82.jpeg