The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

So the EFL believe the claims should be classed as football debt, did I read that right? So literally any number that WW or MFC plucked out of their heads, we’d have to pay? 

I’d assume that would be the part that arbitration would decide. Are they due any and how much. 

7 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

So the EFL believe the claims should be classed as football debt, did I read that right? So literally any number that WW or MFC plucked out of their heads, we’d have to pay? 

Isn't that what the EFL are suggesting as the main point of mediation though? That we're going to have to stump up something to both clubs but that figure is the one to be mediated on.

Fine take it to the high court and get it resolved. The EFL have made their position quite clear in that statemement and cannot be trusted to be impartial in this matter.

Get the claims thrown out and then counter sue.

In the unlikely event that the courts find against us i'd rather we just liquidate the club and pay the parasites nothing. 

I interpret this as the EFL are classing MFC and WWFC as football debts.  So if arbitration feel rule in their favour we have to pay?  I’m struggling to understand how the EFL policy takes precedent over the law.

Interesting that they say it’s up to the administrators to decide how to take it forward.  Not sure I fancy their chances of getting all those parties in the room at the same time.  Personally, as it’s obvious Gibsons gripe is with Morris, I think I’d prefer it if Morris was kept away.  He’ll just wind Gibson up and they’ll disagree with each other on principal which isn’t good for us.  Let him sort the ground, etc out with the PB.  Let the PB and administrators deal with the EFL, Gibson and Couhig.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

13 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I think this is the critical point, I've said several times...they could have claimed £100m or £200m...whatever they wanted because it is pure speculation...a fantasy figure.

BUT.....If we take to court and win...it seems that will simply lead to the debt disappearing but the EFL refusing our exit out of admin, presumably indefinitely OR more likely without accepting another significant punishment to ruin yet more seasons

9 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

We will see out the season and then be liquidated. The EFL do not want us going bust half way through a season as it causes too many headaches.

Saviour every match from now until the end of the season as this will be our last.

If eventual outcome is liquidation why should we wait till the end of the season to finish the fixture list so the efl escape all the hassle

Just now, Eatonram said:

BUT.....If we take to court and win...it seems that will simply lead to the debt disappearing but the EFL refusing our exit out of admin, presumably indefinitely OR more likely without accepting another significant punishment to ruin yet more seasons

With a high court ruling behind us, they could try it but the amount of pressure brought to bear on them if they do will make everything so far feel like a tea party.