The Administration Thread

Boycie

16 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

One thing the administrators would have done foremost is getting actual figures in place of what money is owed and to who.

Yes…?

Its mentioned in Nixon’s article that the disputes with Wycombe and Boro could have effects on the HMRC bill, so I’m saying no one will buy us without knowing what it is they are buying

23 minutes ago, rsmini said:

I have no idea what’s going on anymore. I was starting to be a bit more positive last night listening to Radio Derby for 2 hours. 
Then whoever is feeding journalists has completely thrown everything up in the air again. 

Getting to the point where I want to put my fingers in my ears and chant ‘La la la’ so it blanks everything out. 

It’s the Efl feeding journos. Same pattern as before. Nixon and Percy the first to get their texts and emails from the Efl. 

1 hour ago, vonwright said:

I think some of them are doing a really good job. At the moment they are, to some extent, in the same boat as us: not really clear on exactly what the problem is or who should be told to do what in order to find a solution. Hopefully they press for answers. Ideally we need them to be able to say: "Right I've spoken to all parties and understand all the issues now and what needs to happen is for the EFL to do X and Middlesbrough and Wycombe to do Y and the administrators to do Z." Once we've got that clarity it's a lot harder for people to finger-point, selectively brief journalists, and evade responsibility.

The respective parties are probably doing that and believe they are in the right,they are not going to suddenly change track because an MP has told them to do so. 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

It’s the Efl feeding journos. Same pattern as before. Nixon and Percy the first to get their texts and emails from the Efl. 

Yep and I think that’s causing problems with the administrators as well

Just now, atherstoneram said:

Really makes no odds,they cannot force anyone to change their stance.

Well they can actually, If they have seen the Document sent by Gibson to the EFL saying ...if you go after DCFC we will not sue the EFL, If they have, Then withdrawing funding can happen, An inquiry could materialise, Publicity against the EFL could swing into action, The EFL have so so much to lose if the above is the case.

The evidence is there, We have all seen it, I would hope the MPs have seen it also.

5 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

What has GC said? 

57 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-Derby-county-takeover-6558607 

Gary Cook: "If that football club can't find a solution, it will be because nobody's willing to give in on what they believe and the strength of what they believe."

Looking at you Gibson & Mel lookingAtYou.gif.4a103bffcafc53b33f85090e19fc88c7.gif

There you go.

To put in perspective our HMRC debt of £26m, of which some will be paid....yesterday the Government admitted to having lost over £4Billion, that's £4000m to fraud on Covid support grants.

In our 140 year history we have generated £100s Millions of revenue to HMG. We need a bit of slack now...Local MPs, be aware please.

35 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

The respective parties are probably doing that and believe they are in the right,they are not going to suddenly change track because an MP has told them to do so. 

I'm sure they do all believe they are in the right. The point is at the moment we don't have any clarity on what the situation is: what exactly do the administrators want the EFL to do, for example? Why? Is there anything short of that that would achieve a satisfactory result? Is there a reasonable middle ground?  And so on for all the parties. A lot of us on this thread are doing little more than guessing, because we just don't have the information, and we haven't been party to discussions, and we don't know the legal situation, etc etc.

That's part of the reason that you are seeing some people on here blaming the EFL, and some blaming Gibson, and some blaming the administrators, and some blaming Mel, and some blaming Mel's-MP's-son's-fellow-panel-member.

Feels to me like if the MPs could get all these people (okay maybe not the panel member) in a room and get some answers, identify the real obstacles, and start suggesting ways forward, we might at least emerge with a clear picture of who needs to do what, and who is preventing us moving forward, and why.

Are the EFL or Gibson or even our administrators going to listen to a bunch of MPs telling them what to do? Maybe not. But if those MPs can clarify who is holding things up, and what they should be told to do, that would be a huge step forward. It gives all of us - fans, MPs, media figures, even government ministers - something specific to aim for. It allows everyone to apply pressure in the right place.

At the moment the only clear rally cry we all share is "Save Derby County!" And that's great, as far as it goes. But who? And how? It's not pressuring any specific person to take any specific action. It's the kind of thing everyone involved can agree with - even Gibson, I imagine. And that's very dangerous. We could all be shouting "Save Derby County!" as the club gets liquidated.

Edited by vonwright

21 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

What has GC said? 

Thought he was as opaque as Nixon can be tbh

"...I think everybody has to look themselves in the mirror and go ‘you know what, maybe we do have a protocol or a rule, or we might have something that we're not allowed to do, and the government may say you're not supposed to do. 

But these are different times, and we shouldn't be worrying about a precedent that might get set because it’ll upset a few people, we should be figuring out how to keep Derby County part of that community because it's important to them and their economy.

So while we like it to use football as the catalyst and it's an asset sector and it's growth and all the stuff, don't lose sight of why they all existed in the first place."