The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

The only thing I’d say is, any bidder must have *some* kind of plan to deal with the stadium and whatever is secured against it, or they wouldn’t be bidding. It can’t make any sense to buy the club, and then have e.g. the stadium repossessed or sold onto a 3rd party and the rent potentially jacked sky high. The success/profitability of them buying the club is utterly tied to being able to play at the stadium. And I don’t see anything involving something like forcing Mel to clear the MSD debt has any legs, because of the real risk of losing he stadium if he doesn’t.

I agree with all that, but based on what we know currently, they are only offering £28m to buy the Club. Accepting that, you are right, they really will want to be negotiating  with Morris and MSD to make sure both those parties can get on board with such a deal in the short to medium term, with a view (perhaps) that once all the dust has settled post-Administration they will offer a price for the stadium that sees MSD repaid, and Morris off the guarantee hook.

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I agree with all that, but based on what we know currently, they are only offering £28m to buy the Club. Accepting that, you are right, they really will want to be negotiating  with Morris and MSD to make sure both those parties can get on board with such a deal in the short to medium term, with a view (perhaps) that once all the dust has settled post-Administration they will offer a price for the stadium that sees MSD repaid, and Morris off the guarantee hook.

I-ram, for crying out loud you promised to wash your hair this evening.
MM has granted potential purchasers an option on the stadium. Had you forgotten ? 

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

It’s probably because the news today has got me in a good mood, but it does feel like there a fairly wide range of acceptable outcomes here. It we take the admins at their word, both Mel and MSD are being reasonable about things. So anything from a straight up purchase of the stadium and clearing of all secured debts, to maybe something like a guaranteed long-term, low-cost lease from Mel, with the club covering interest on the MSD loan until the club makes a purchase, seems achievable and workable.

I liked Neville"s passion but he was very low on substance regarding the barriers we face. The EFL is highly culpable and I still remain at a lost to understand their point about protecting the other clubs. Neville also suggested that we are asking for preferential treatment which would open the floodgates for others. Again he is wrong - we are not.

1 minute ago, Norwichram2 said:

I liked Neville"s passion but he was very low on substance regarding the barriers we face. The EFL is highly culpable and I still remain at a lost to understand their point about protecting the other clubs. Neville also suggested that we are asking for preferential treatment which would open the floodgates for others. Again he is wrong - we are not.

Low on substance, he didn’t come up for air for 6 minutes.

There have been 2 sticking points in any deal so far...the Boro/WW claims & the stadium. Now Gibsons statement showed that his main issue is Mel getting any money for the stadium.

So seems to me the Binnie brothers have decided to prioritise the Boro/WW claims over the purchase of the stadium. Now I dont know what that means in terms of the MSD debts, maybe there is an agreement in place?

I feel like the offer will be to rent the stadium whilst we deal with the Boro/WW claims, if we have to pay them anything then the stadium stays rented, if the claims get thrown out and we pay £0 then I think thats when the Binnie brothers will buy the stadium. 

Whilst thats all going on, there is nothing to say the Binnie brothers cant sort a payment plan with Mel/MSD for the money owed to the. Maybe Mel doesnt charge us rent & we just pay MSD the money each month

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I-ram, for crying out loud you promised to wash your hair this evening.
MM has granted potential purchasers an option on the stadium. Had you forgotten ? 

Just going to do that now. To be honest I didn’t know Morris had agreed options. Where is that nugget of info. tucked away on here, or elsewhere, and are MSD on board with their debt rolling on for a few months/years/decades to come. No guarantee I will post again tonight Kevin (or @duncanjwitham) as I am whacked. 

20 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

The irony of Sky Sports posting stuff like this, well said Gary but the Sky money is the root of all these problems. You have the relegated teams with their parachute money and clubs like Derby betting the farm just to match them financially.

Exactly. Like they won't have a disgusting 'countdown to extinction' timer on SSN like they did with Bury to make some sick spectacle of it.

I hate how they act like they're just innocent reporters of news like the BBC. heard one reporter earlier say "we're used to covering EFL clubs going into administration" Yes, they're in administration because of what you created! they could help stop it if they wanted to but they won't because all they care about is money. 

8 minutes ago, Norwichram2 said:

I haven't watched it all but his bit about EFL can't pay our debts off  just shows he doesn't get all the issues we have had and continue to have with the EFL. 

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Just going to do that now. To be honest I didn’t know Morris had agreed options. Where is that nugget of info. tucked away on here, or elsewhere, and are MSD on board with their debt rolling on for a few months/years/decades to come. No guarantee I will post again tonight Kevin (or @duncanjwitham) as I am whacked. 

It’s from here… (whenever you’re in the mood to look ?)

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

The admins told the fan groups yesterday that they’d got something in writing out of MM. I think that’s why the terms of the bid refer only to the 28m for the club. The stadium is not for them to bid on, it’s for them to exercise the option if they wish. 

It has been a good day. Let’s hope we have another one tomorrow ! 

My god this is draining , sadly I was one of those who defended Morris for too long as one of our own but Neville boils it down well , comes in ,gambles the club on making money getting to the prem , leaves the clubs on the brink of ceasing to exist in massive debt and mess and walks away owning the ground ??????

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

My god this is draining , sadly I was one of those who defended Morris for too long as one of our own but Neville boils it down well , comes in ,gambles the club on making money getting to the prem , leaves the clubs on the brink of ceasing to exist in massive debt and mess and walks away owning the ground ??????

Exactly this, I'm in the same boat, and school of thought. EFL or hopeflly somebody better should scrutinise this 'Fair and Proper' BS. 

So what do the admins do now? Two things 

1 Dear Binnie family   You have made our day, our week actually - we’ve had a tough time recently. We loved your offer. Our duty to creditors - you will understand - requires us to ensure we get the best possible terms. We will accept your offer if we don’t get a much better one by close on Monday, yours etc

2 dear Big Mike, Andy a et al. It’s time to $hit or get off the pot. You have 72 hours to beat the Binnie offer by at least £5 mill with a contractually binding sealed bid commitment which must contain your agreement to expose Gibbo for the maggot that he is. Oh and Couhig too  Yours etc 

Edited by kevinhectoring

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned why is the stadium not being included in the sale?

This was always my concern that we end playing in a stadium we don't own at the mercy of whoever the owner is.

If this is an attempt by Morris to claw some more cash back for himself after dumping the club in administration then its disgraceful 

I reckon its part of a bigger picture further down the track. Binny has the £20m for the stadium but has to deal with the claims in some way- but for now to get deal moving he's having to stuff it down the back of the sofa for the potential loss against MFC and WW. If, as we expect the claims are dismissed then the stadium gets sorted down the track and he pis the £20m out. If lose, Morris takes the hit for the gap (assuming it's never gonna be near £40m+ or even £20m). Decent compromise and if MM is also so sure the claims are rubbish he has a very low risk but is also on the hook. Would seem a decent shout to unblock the cliams issues without having to actually deal with them directly at present but assuring the EFL they will face them. 

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

So what do the admins do now? Two things 

1 Dear Binnie family   You have made our day, our week actually - we’ve had a tough time recently. We loved your offer. Our duty to creditors - you will understand - requires us to ensure we get the best possible terms. We will accept your offer if we don’t get a much better one by close on Monday, yours etc

Why wait until a Friday? Do you reckon Q work Saturdays?