The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You weren't a boot boy were you? ? ? (I'm assuming you're my era) ?

65 years old, Popside...Vulcan and Columbo Street, Ossie End and finally C Stand lower, Involved in a lot of "bovver" home and away, People I knew got off on ale/drugs, I loved the confrontation, Won some lost some, No posturing from me, I had 2 great parents and 6 brothers and sisters, Life was great, Peole follow paths, I chose shall we say...a wrong one, No regrets tho, And no innocents involved, Those that wanted us knew where to find us, And vice versa, There's many a time when we've turned up at an away pub only to find our scarfers/shirters being bullied, It's a great feeling bullying the bullies?

30 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'm not sure that interview with Parry is the smoking gun that a lot of people are saying.

Boro accused the EFL of not applying the rules correctly and threatened to sue them if they didn't. EFL backed down/agreed with them and applied their rules.

None of that is unreasonable I'd say. If the EFL disagreed that the rules weren't being enforced they could have called Gibson's bluff and allowed them to sue, as it wouldn't have got anywhere in court anyway.

Did Derby break the rules? There's been resubmitting of accounts and points deductions, so if there's an argument to say we didn't break rules, that ship has sailed now.

All I would say is, we've accepted the punishment and that's the amortisation issue dealt with. Harshly in my opinion, but that's not relevant to the two claims brought by Middlesbrough and Wycombe. Those need dealing with as a grievance, and the EFL needs to do that immediately. If they conclude that there's a football creditor in either case, we're dead and the EFL knocks the final nail in their own coffin, as it becomes open season on any team that ever failed FFP or will do in the future. 

I think you are wrong 

Anyhow most of my posts have been deleted regarding EFL so it’s obviously rubbish 

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Look at their ticket prices - wish they were closer to me!

How about Derby fans getting to their next home game whilst we don't have a fixture. Take the flag and make some noise for a fellow club who's been through what we're going through.

Show unity.

1 minute ago, Ken Tram said:

If liquidated, which tier could we realistically restart in?

Are we allowed to keep the same name?

(It's not what I want to happen, but I'd like to know the threat.)

I think it's been said on here to be something like the 4th or 5th none league tier.

The rights to the name *could be bought as part of the liquidation but the new club would be a new club not a continuation club. Although we could just cry that it is until everyone gets board of the argument like rangers did.

1 hour ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

So 

The EFL didn’t enforce its own rules on time

Parry admitted the EFL were going to be sued by Boro until they did something 

Derby have already been punished for their amortisation policy (and still being punished)

Gibson is plucking figures out of the air from PaddyPower 

Lawyers have already said the Boro and Wycombe claims are likely to fail

The EFL were not up to date with insolvency laws

The man responsible for the problems is not at the club anymore

No way should Derby be allowed to go under. This will never be forgotten even if Derby survive. 

This podcast exposes the questionable deal between EFL and Boro, but it also confirms that the EFL were solely responsible for pursuing this on the timescale they did which is the whole basis of Wycombe’s claim. 

12 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

65 years old, Popside...Vulcan and Columbo Street, Ossie End and finally C Stand lower, Involved in a lot of "bovver" home and away, People I knew got off on ale/drugs, I loved the confrontation, Won some lost some, No posturing from me, I had 2 great parents and 6 brothers and sisters, Life was great, Peole follow paths, I chose shall we say...a wrong one, No regrets tho, And no innocents involved, Those that wanted us knew where to find us, And vice versa, There's many a time when we've turned up at an away pub only to find our scarfers/shirters being bullied, It's a great feeling bullying the bullies?

Alf, you should set up a thread with some of your not so legal old Derby stories, I'd love to hear them and I'm sure a few others would!

58 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'm not sure that interview with Parry is the smoking gun that a lot of people are saying.

Boro accused the EFL of not applying the rules correctly and threatened to sue them if they didn't. EFL backed down/agreed with them and applied their rules.

None of that is unreasonable I'd say. If the EFL disagreed that the rules weren't being enforced they could have called Gibson's bluff and allowed them to sue, as it wouldn't have got anywhere in court anyway.

Did Derby break the rules? There's been resubmitting of accounts and points deductions, so if there's an argument to say we didn't break rules, that ship has sailed now.

All I would say is, we've accepted the punishment and that's the amortisation issue dealt with. Harshly in my opinion, but that's not relevant to the two claims brought by Middlesbrough and Wycombe. Those need dealing with as a grievance, and the EFL needs to do that immediately. If they conclude that there's a football creditor in either case, we're dead and the EFL knocks the final nail in their own coffin, as it becomes open season on any team that ever failed FFP or will do in the future. 

Agree with this. The problem is the rules, which basically make it more likely that administration will end in liquidation if it involves a football club. That's surely the opposite of what we want, give what football clubs mean to communities.

If this was any other type of administration, these "claims" would have been assessed by the administrator, rejected, and that would be that. These clubs were not existing creditors, and undetermined civil claims can't be started or pursued against a company in administration.

It seems what's happened here is that the EFL is saying "no no, in this case we aren't going to do that, these claims absolutely must be heard either before the company is bought or afterwards." That wouldn't be the case with any other type of company, and of course it is going to put off potential buyers. Who wants to buy a broken company, pay off a sizeable proportion of its debts, and still face a potential multi-million pound bill down the line for the alleged wrongdoings of owners who have long since left?

Edited by vonwright

10 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

If Boro's claims are even close to the 40 million  being reported then getting them round the table to solve the issue which is what gets us out of this mess isn't likely to be solved by offering them 2-3 million. The

The claims are made up they know that we know that. 2-3 million would more than sort it out if it was offered 

25 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think you are wrong 

Anyhow most of my posts have been deleted regarding EFL so it’s obviously rubbish 

I've removed a lot of posts, mainly for posting libellous stuff. 

If you are using "corrupt" or "collusion" in your post really consider the ramifications of what you are writing.