The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

So Marshall, Shinnie, Jags and Baldock off the books. Not much cash coming in but there must be in the region of £2 million per year in wages saved there. that must be a big improvement in cash flow for the rest of the season.

Wonder how much more is to come? Who next I wonder? Terrible that we have come to this, but perhaps we should have been challenging the numbers a few years ago.

I think the player wage bill will soon be below £10 m a year and that's even before all the contracts expire at the end of the season. We have pretty much a league one budget already. 

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

On the lives of my wife and children, it’s legit 

The chairman of the EFL is emailing you at half 7 on a Saturday night himself, when you sent your original email to what looks like every iteration of rparry@EFL you could think of?

the chairman of the EFL who I highly suspect would have an assistant of some kind who would manage his emails, has replied, personally, on a Saturday night, to a random Derby County fan. 

nope, sorry. 

43 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I’ve given my head a good old wobble Pistoldpete (as you recommended) but I’m still frowning as I read your jurisprudence. You are nimbly skating over some difficult ‘class issues’ for starters. 

Anyway the following extract from a terrafirma chambers article on schemes (easily found online) is interesting and I think sheds some light on the types of arrangements Q ought to have been thinking about, whilst they were instead spending their expensive time telling supporters everything was going to be fine.  Alerting @i-Ramand @RoyMac5to this as they have expressed interest in these difficult aspects of restructuring law and practice 

(2) IRC -v.- The Wimbledon Football Club Ltd [2004] BCC 638 was a highly unusual case in which, as part of the general rescue package for a football club which was a member of the Football League, a third party who purchased the club agreed to pay off the club's "football creditors" in full, because the Football League insisted on such a payment being made as a quid pro quo for its own co-operation in the rescue. As part of the package, the company went into a CVA under which preferential creditors (which in those days included the Revenue) would be paid 30 pence in the pound. The Revenue sought to have the CVA revoked or suspended on the ground that it was unfairly prejudicial to them, since the effect of the deal as a whole was that certain unsecured creditors (the football creditors) were to be paid in full whilst the preferential creditors received only a dividend. The Court of Appeal rejected the Revenue's claim, largely on the basis that the assets being used to pay the football creditors were those of the rescuer, not of the company.

Dunno.

But they aren't 'football creditors'.

11 minutes ago, RAMS1992 said:

Is that real?! His English is dreadful 

I have now seen two emails Parry has responded to; I think he replied to @uttoxram75 too. He is at least in dialogue with fans, and therefore a simple grammatical error whilst typing at pace is no big deal in the overall scheme of things. I might drop our Rick a line myself tomorrow. Too pissed now ?. Bloody Lawrence to blame. I had no plans to drink tonight. I will drop you a line tomorrow @richinspain

RIP Betty 

D3BD3EB1-C241-4505-AA3F-03D480B17ED9.gif

1 minute ago, mrdave85 said:

The chairman of the EFL is emailing you at half 7 on a Saturday night himself, when you sent your original email to what looks like every iteration of rparry@EFL you could think of?

the chairman of the EFL who I highly suspect would have an assistant of some kind who would manage his emails, has replied, personally, on a Saturday night, to a random Derby County fan. 

nope, sorry. 

It might be a secretary, I’ve got no idea. I’m telling you I received a response from rparry@efl.com

I’ve just sworn on the lives of my wife and children

Believe what you want to believe, it doesn’t effect me in the slightest 

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

I have now seen two emails Parry has responded to; I think he replied to @uttoxram75 too. He is at least in dialogue with fans, and therefore a simple grammatical error whilst typing at pace is no big deal in the overall scheme of things. I might drop our Rick a line myself tomorrow. Too pissed now ?. Bloody Lawrence to blame. I had no plans to drink tonight. I will drop you a line tomorrow @richinspain

RIP Betty 

D3BD3EB1-C241-4505-AA3F-03D480B17ED9.gif

Maybe he’s also celebrating Derby’s win and it’s affected his spelling!

4 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

nope, sorry. 

The use of the word “no” instead of “know” is also a bit of a giveaway.

56 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Admin seemed certain they'd get proof of funds for the Club to the end of the season?

If so, then we don't need to worry about liquidation. However it just delays the process of a new owner. Something has got to change with the EFL in regards to the Boro/Wycombe case as that seems to be the big stumbling block.

Appears to annoy him that we believe his organisation is treating us unfairly but he makes no attempt to explain the Middlesbrough/Wycombe stuff being used to stop the take over going through.

He's rattled because he knows its a personal vendetta from Gibson and they are scared of him.