Forum Awards 2021

sage

Best Poster: Probably @LeedsCityRam for me tbh. Generally seems to be sensible and gives good match reports. 

Best new poster: Not seen anyone 

Funniest poster: I loved charlotte ram for her absolutely wild takes, so she wins it for me even if unintentionally. 

Best thread: I like a few different ones 

worst thread: Torn between ones that try to discuss our chances of escape and some of the Mel Morris ones 

Like @Tyler Durden I don't like happy clapper or wrist slasher as terms so I'll avoid them. I think @RoyMac5 deserves to be named most optimistic poster of the year overall though. Maybe someone like @Jourdan @Jimbo Ram or myself might be in contention to pick up what I'd claim is the 'realist' award of the year. 

5 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Best Poster: Probably @LeedsCityRam for me tbh. Generally seems to be sensible and gives good match reports. 

Best new poster: Not seen anyone 

Funniest poster: I loved charlotte ram for her absolutely wild takes, so she wins it for me even if unintentionally. 

Best thread: I like a few different ones 

worst thread: Torn between ones that try to discuss our chances of escape and some of the Mel Morris ones 

Like @Tyler Durden I don't like happy clapper or wrist slasher as terms so I'll avoid them. I think @RoyMac5 deserves to be named most optimistic poster of the year overall though. Maybe someone like @Jourdan @Jimbo Ram or myself might be in contention to pick up what I'd claim is the 'realist' award of the year. 

Gutted I didn't get 'Best Poster' award Leeds.......wipes away a little tear.......

7 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

...I don't like happy clapper or wrist slasher as terms so I'll avoid them. I think @RoyMac5 deserves to be named most optimistic poster of the year overall though...

Lol. Some wouldn't believe that suggestion possible! But whilst there's hope I'll continue to stay positive. It's only when I think there isn't hope in a situation that I become a 'realist'! ? ? 

I really think Rooney has a good future as a football manager ahead of him and for me I think that Derby needs to take advantage of all the positive things that go along with having a 'world famous' manager. I wonder if he'll be as innovative a manager as we've seen in Derby's past? Anyway fingers crossed that DCFC has a bright future. #COYR

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. Some wouldn't believe that suggestion possible! But whilst there's hope I'll continue to stay positive. It's only when I think there isn't hope in a situation that I become a 'realist'! ? ? 

I really think Rooney has a good future as a football manager ahead of him and for me I think that Derby needs to take advantage of all the positive things that go along with having a 'world famous' manager. I wonder if he'll be as innovative a manager as we've seen in Derby's past? Anyway fingers crossed that DCFC has a bright future. #COYR

I wish I had your levels of optimism Roy ? realist was probably the wrong word in fairness but I didn't want to put cynic of the year, maybe sceptic of the year? Yes, fingers crossed a bright future and I'm sure we'll have some fun away days next season that we can all take advantage of 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I wish I had your levels of optimism Roy ? realist was probably the wrong word in fairness but I didn't want to put cynic of the year, maybe sceptic of the year? Yes, fingers crossed a bright future and I'm sure we'll have some fun away days next season that we can all take advantage of 

Or 'Doubting Thomas'?! ? I can't believe the team hasn't sunk without trace tbh. I know we've had poor matches and not always the results we want, but on the whole you can't deny that the squad, management and club are leaving it all on the pitch. #allwecanask #COYR

Have you watched the latest utube video? Some really enjoyable moments (outside the games), what a leader Curtis is.

I didn't even know that this was a thing. Forum Awards - bring it on!

Best poster - a tie between @angieram and @Anag Ram. Angie for her fairness and Anag Ram for his calm and common sense.

Best New Poster - not really been here long enough to notice who is new and who is not.

Funniest Poster - This was a real toughie! Everyone has had their moments. Probably a toss up between @Mucker1884 and @i-Ram as consistently amusing, though some one off posts on here have been hilarious. The puns I read are ingenious!!

Best Thread - Going to have to go with @Tyler Durdenand his suggestion of the depression, anxiety and stress thread. It has been such a hard 2 years for lots of us here and hopefully this has been helpful for many reading this thread whether they are members of the forum or visitors. Close runner up is @Van der MoodHoover and his Miekle thread. I didn't read it for a long time because I thought it was about an errant washing machine and then discovered it was about a charming guide dog! Sorry, Miekle!

Worst Thread - There are some threads I read and ignore because I don't like them.

Happy Clapper  - @B4ev6is has to be our most enthusiastic supporter but he is not a' happy clapper.' He is a guy for whom DCFC means the world and nothing will ever get in the way of his love for the club.

Wrist Slasher - Love you Jourdan, but you are a bit pessimistic!

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or 'Doubting Thomas'?! ? I can't believe the team hasn't sunk without trace tbh. I know we've had poor matches and not always the results we want, but on the whole you can't deny that the squad, management and club are leaving it all on the pitch. #allwecanask #COYR

Have you watched the latest utube video? Some really enjoyable moments (outside the games), what a leader Curtis is.

This - great watch and I think there's no doubt who the "real" captain is.  Got more than a tingle of pride right at the end as he congratulated everyone.  Think I'm getting to be a sentimental old fool. 

18 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I'm not of the woke persuasion @RoyMac5; but i am a pragmatist and a risk-analyser; and it's a public board and we need to be careful that we're not judged as turning a serious post into a joke about female anatomy in typical "blokey" fashion. 

3093AEC6-3417-478B-97F8-8A5B53962522.gif

24 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I'm not of the woke persuasion @RoyMac5; but i am a pragmatist and a risk-analyser; and it's a public board and we need to be careful that we're not judged as turning a serious post into a joke about female anatomy in typical "blokey" fashion. 

I knew I should have put a smiley face in my reply. ? I dunno, I guess I missed that it was a serious post, my bad. ?