Arthur Labinjo-Hughes

Tyler Durden

Have just seen on Twitter that Birmingham City and Millwall are to remember Arthur in the 6th minute of tomorrow's game, a tribute which is being followed by a number of other clubs fans.

Would be touching if we as a group of supporters could do the same thing, the reports of his case would make a grown man break down in tears.

RIP Arthur

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Have just seen on Twitter that Birmingham City and Millwall are to remember Arthur in the 6th minute of tomorrow's game, a tribute which is being followed by a number of other clubs fans.

Would be touching if we as a group of supporters could do the same thing, the reports of his case would make a grown man break down in tears.

RIP Arthur

It makes me cry every time I hear about it. We should do this

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

RIP Arthur

Obviously it’s very sad, no doubt about it. But what has it got to do with Derby v Bristol city?

At times it feels like there’s tributes every other match which kind of diminishes the effect of them. 

8 minutes ago, tinman said:

Obviously it’s very sad, no doubt about it. But what has it got to do with Derby v Bristol city?

At times it feels like there’s tributes every other match which kind of diminishes the effect of them. 

For me it's a show of support for a fellow football fan, no matter how young he was. 

No doubt he would have gone on to attend football games had things been different.

You are right, we clap a lot of people, hold minutes silences for many, give symbolic gestures for political movements, it does get a bit much...but

I can't think of anyone who needs a round of applause, or a show of some sort of love as an innocent 5 year old boy who genuinely thought no one loved him.

Forget football, I'd watch my club go to the wall if it brought him back.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

Football binds people together. Fans up and down the country live and breath the game. With something as despicable and utterly horrific as this against a poor little,defenceless boy fans should do something. By respecting his young life through clapping in the sixth minute will not bring him back but may show those absolute bamfords who were supposed to be looking after him that the football community will not forget him. God bless you Arthur! I hope every football ground in the country takes part!?

4 hours ago, tinman said:

This should not be a tribute. 

This should be be an apology from all of us to that little lad - for what he suffered and for our failures to protect him. 

It's awful and some quiet reflection, inadequate as it is, seems the very least we can offer. 

RIP little Arthur. I'm so sorry that society failed you so badly. ?

Genuinely find this sort of idea baffling. It's got nothing to do with our football game. Football is meant to be an escape from the poo in the rest of society, yet people seem determined to use matches as a way to remind people of it.

Of course it was dreadful for the kid. And also a lot of really, really bad stuff happens every day.

Public shows of grief for people they don't know seem strange to me, impinging on the intense private grief of the family. Maybe I'm an outlier here?