What have the EFL done for me lately ?

I am Ram

They have done nothing - except prevent us from appealing a penalty because they knew we have be saleable. So with that bit of timely threat they prevent just being done. …. Was this “negotiation?” 

sorry I thought rules were rules ? So all of a sudden the ffp deduction is resolved . Funny how it all happened so quickly once we surrendered. Nothing more then protection racketeers

Loathsome organisation. 

4 hours ago, I am Ram said:

I know it's all Mel and Pearce's fault, but the EFL say they are helping\helped already. Is there any evidence of this, can anyone list anything they have done to help our club ? I mean at the end of the day, it's us fans that get punished, Mel moves on, players\manager moves on, but we remain to pick up the pieces.  

Central heating? Nope.

Roads? Nope.

Government? Ok silly question, nope.

Well they have put the F into EFL.

Out of 30 promotions over the last 10 years, only 3 Clubs have gone up without breaking FFP. So, why do we have a system that clearly doesn’t work. The whole chebang is loaded towards those who reside around the top of the top table. The EFL are just a bunch of jumped-up suits who to quote Simon Jordan “ sit around a table discussing the colour of the linesmans’ flags whilst Clubs go to the wall…”. The result is that football is knackered…mired in pointless international fixtures (San Marino 0, England 10 (ten), VAR which also doesn’t work, and a Top Division which only 3 Clubs from this point on can win. Project forward a few more seasons and it will implode, fractured, splintered and bust. 

Just now, Ellafella said:

Out of 30 promotions over the last 10 years, only 3 Clubs have gone up without breaking FFP. So, why do we have a system that clearly doesn’t work. The whole chebang is loaded towards those who reside around the top of the top table. The EFL are just a bunch of jumped-up suits who to quote Simon Jordan “ sit around a table discussing the colour of the linesmans’ flags whilst Clubs go to the wall…”. The result is that football is knackered…mired in pointless international fixtures (San Marino 0, England 10 (ten), VAR which also doesn’t work, and a Top Division which only 3 Clubs from this point on can win. Project forward a few more seasons and it will implode, fractured, splintered and bust. 

People have been saying this for years, yet it never does! 

Clubs will rise, clubs will sink, new competitions and rules will be introduced, until one day maybe the stars will align and it will be us on the up.

Until then we'll keep on moaning, grumbling about the unfairness of it all, yet we'll keep on attending and supporting, hoping this will be the new dawn.

That's football, past, present and future.

On the most exciting day of the football calendar, they gave me two... count them... TWO... fixture lists to dissect and get extremely excited about.

That will never be forgotten.  That can never be taken away.  And for that, I will remain eternally, and steadfastly, grateful.

Thankyou, EFL.  'T'was a day to savour!  

I was hoping common-sense would prevail. We were all set to get 9pts from the season's outset, hence the bookmakers odds for us being relegation favourites. However, our very own owner put us into administration. Kieran Maguire gets a lot of negative press but revealed on his podcast that he is under the impression that the rest of Morris' business are doing OK so it wasn't a case of him suffering losses across his investments. So, -12 was self-imposed by us on ourselves.

The club goes into administration, with another -9pts hanging over us, to be imposed on any in-coming, new owners who will suffer the sanction caused by the previous owner. It was here that I'd have accepted 3pts, to make it a bundled 15pts. Few, if any, seasoned football watchers would have us down to go into administration.

I accept that Mr Morris made infringements and there should be some sort of punishment, but the EFL have punished the entire club, its fans & the playing staff for the misdemeanors of one man. The Championship is supposed to be a competition, punishing a club with -15pts ought to suffice, but -21 & with all the other issues to take into account such as the embargo & salary cap? Sheff W went down with -6. 

I think they have also bowed/caved in  to pressure from the rest of the division. Steve Morison was honest enough on TalkSport to state that he was only interested in Cardiff when Andy Jacobs discussed our plight and that one relegation place look almost certain. If I was honest, I'd probably wish similar on another club out of self-interest. But that's what the football family shows itself to be: rooted in self-interest.

There is only really one person to blame here, but it's hard not to feel that the EFL are making an example of us with no flexibility/leeway shown to us in our predicament. 

12 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Maybe Derby should pull out of the EFL and start a breakaway league, get a few non league teams involved, eventually it could grow and be a major force with more and more teams on board. Irish teams, Scottish sides. Football pyramid is under threat anyway.

In the tradition of the dragons den , I’m out.

The EFL have been all over us like a rash for the recent financial stuff (understandable to a point given how the club has been run) but totally missing in action so far with the latest revelations of Boro's attempt to sue us which if successful would surely be the death of the club and even if it just stalls a potential sale for a significant would be much the same outcome. Lets be clear, this legal action if successful is an existential threat to the future of DCFC.

We are seemingly guilty of using an amortisation method which while legal was (eventually) not deemed acceptable as it was not what others were doing. We then inevitably failed FFP as presumably it was used to keep within that. Punishment though ? Points deductions and relegation have left us battered and bruised but surely potentially ceasing to exist as a club is spectacularly over the top. There seems to be some confusion and lack of understanding from Boro fans about our reaction to this too - most Derby fans are looking to just grudgingly accept this and move on. We will be relegated and suffer financial consequences that will be with us for years. Job done, well done Boro, you win.

The EFL talk about drawing a line under things with the punishment which, catastrophic as it is (pretty much guaranteed relegation with this points deduction and threadbare squad stripped of remaining assets in Jan..), most fans have taken this on the chin and just want to try and move on from but Gibson and Boro are trying to prevent that from happening. If the EFL do nothing to try to head off/apply pressure against this business of one EFL club suing another then they will have by inaction have directly contributed to the demise of one of their own members. For any gloating fans of other clubs, just put yourself in the place of a fellow football fan. Another club is trying to wipe your club out of existence. How would you feel ? Regardless of the rights and wrongs actions of departed owners, it is always the fans who have to pick up the pieces afterwards with whatever is left of their club in whatever division they find themselves.

Browsing Boro's history, Mr Gibson was part of a group that saved the club in '86, I remember it vaguely on the tv. They regrouped under Rioch, it was a young side built around home-grown players. That may have to be our aim.

It has to come to a pretty sad pass when Mr Gibson is now orchestrating a situation, putting us/another club under more threat & suggests money & the glamour of the PL has corrupted him if he cannot move on from this spat. What more does he want? We are all but relegated in name and in mid Nov. How would he have reacted if someone remained determined to have their debt paid at the time of Boro nearly going out of business & couldn't have cared less?  He needs to get a sense of perspective, something he appears to have mislaid over the years.

I started following us in '85 week to week. It might take a couple of seasons to get back up but we will regroup. It will eventually turn, it always does, look at Stockport yesterday in the FAC, a decade in the doldrums. They even played a local team near me in National League North (6th tier), that's how far they dropped.

If it can turn for the likes of Southampton, Wolves, it can turn for us, it might just take time & a few more bumps along the way. But it will turn.

52 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

The EFL have been all over us like a rash for the recent financial stuff (understandable to a point given how the club has been run) but totally missing in action so far with the latest revelations of Boro's attempt to sue us which if successful would surely be the death of the club and even if it just stalls a potential sale for a significant would be much the same outcome. Lets be clear, this legal action if successful is an existential threat to the future of DCFC.

We are seemingly guilty of using an amortisation method which while legal was (eventually) not deemed acceptable as it was not what others were doing. We then inevitably failed FFP as presumably it was used to keep within that. Punishment though ? Points deductions and relegation have left us battered and bruised but surely potentially ceasing to exist as a club is spectacularly over the top. There seems to be some confusion and lack of understanding from Boro fans about our reaction to this too - most Derby fans are looking to just grudgingly accept this and move on. We will be relegated and suffer financial consequences that will be with us for years. Job done, well done Boro, you win.

The EFL talk about drawing a line under things with the punishment which, catastrophic as it is (pretty much guaranteed relegation with this points deduction and threadbare squad stripped of remaining assets in Jan..), most fans have taken this on the chin and just want to try and move on from but Gibson and Boro are trying to prevent that from happening. If the EFL do nothing to try to head off/apply pressure against this business of one EFL club suing another then they will have by inaction have directly contributed to the demise of one of their own members. For any gloating fans of other clubs, just put yourself in the place of a fellow football fan. Another club is trying to wipe your club out of existence. How would you feel ? Regardless of the rights and wrongs actions of departed owners, it is always the fans who have to pick up the pieces afterwards with whatever is left of their club in whatever division they find themselves.

Seen a mix on social media - usual Florest and Leeds fans mocking, got what you deserved for cheating blah blah blah. But seen quite a few, dare I say more, from the same group of fans, plus the likes of Birmingham empathising and calling out your exact point Alty, that it's the fans that suffer.