Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

I think Rooney needs to be asking favours of his mates in the media Neville and Rio etc to get this talked about. It's disgraceful that Wycombe and Boro are hitting us with these charges knowing that we have to do some sort of deal otherwise we won't get taken over and we will be liquidated. We should boycott Boro away in Jan. This should never be forgotten.

Just now, AGR said:

I think Rooney needs to be asking favours of his mates in the media Neville and Rio etc to get this talked about. It's disgraceful that Wycombe and Boro are hitting us with these charges knowing that we have to do some sort of deal otherwise we won't get taken over and we will be liquidated. We should boycott Boro away in Jan. This should never be forgotten.

They are entitled to take legal action against us if they wish but it should definitely be shouted about and not hidden under a carpet so that every other club knows exactly what’s going on and maybe we should be definitely stating that we have a provable case against QPR and let other clubs have an opinion. If we still had an owner I believe things would be different.

personally I will be boycotting Middlesbrough away as I will not put any money towards Gibsons club ( I do not blame the actual supporters) 

9 minutes ago, AGR said:

This is disgraceful. A lot of ill feeling towards DCFC though so I think a lot of uninformed people will be thinking Boro and Wycombe should be going for Derby. Only had to read the none sense on the Bristol board to see how strangely people can perceive things. 

17 minutes ago, AGR said:

Agree with the Rooney thing - I don't know how public this is but if the likes of Neville & Co raise it, they'd do so in a "neutral" way that a lot of the opposition fans won't (who just think we deserve everything we get).  Boro' and Wycombe have taken massive advantage of the fact we're in administration and are therefore desperate to clear the slate.  These cases have zero merit and the precedence they'd set needs to be made known by the likes of Neville. 

@AGR You could post a request on Neville or Rio's Twitter feeds? 

5 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Agree with the Rooney thing - I don't know how public this is but if the likes of Neville & Co raise it, they'd do so in a "neutral" way that a lot of the opposition fans won't (who just think we deserve everything we get).  Boro' and Wycombe have taken massive advantage of the fact we're in administration and are therefore desperate to clear the slate.  These cases have zero merit and the precedence they'd set needs to be made known by the likes of Neville. 

@AGR You could post a request on Neville or Rio's Twitter feeds? 

Unfortunately Rio and Neville's accounts don't have access for me to send them messages and if I just tweeted them I doubt they'd see it. I'm going to send a message to Chris Coles who has replied to me in the past about some trivial things and see if he'll mention it to Rooney or speak about it to someone at the BBC. I know its a long shot and clutching at straws a bit but I'm seriously concerned about the state of the club.

Edited by AGR

52 minutes ago, AGR said:

It'd be good if they could/would, but I suspect they don't want to get involved just now, as any discussions/opinions would be based on rumours and hearsay.

If they started gobbing off with half-truths, like a couple of washer-women over the garden fence... or footy fans on a forum!... they might just end up with a Gibson-based writ before we do!   

6 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

What would that achieve ??

many will anyway if the snow/sleet/wind/rain is like today. 

I don’t remember writing this post... very strange.... I would rather we all go there and protest outside Gibson’s office. 1,000 Derby fans outside the River side main entrance giving it the big ‘un telling Gibson that he has questionable character and shouting other slightly harsh slogans 

Edited by TheresOnlyWanChope

2 hours ago, AGR said:

No

Best way to teach gibson is by going and giving him greath and let us show anger towards them.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

No

Best way to teach gibson is by going and giving him greath and let us show anger towards them.

Sadly, I doubt Derby fans expressing their anger towards Gibson will make the slightest difference. 

I suspect the only people that can make a difference is if the EFL have a polite word (unfortunately, we don’t have a lot of friends at the EFL and I’m not sure how effective they are at anything) or for their lawyers to express a strong opinion that they really don’t have any chance of success.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Sadly, I doubt Derby fans expressing their anger towards Gibson will make the slightest difference. 

I suspect the only people that can make a difference is if the EFL have a polite word (unfortunately, we don’t have a lot of friends at the EFL and I’m not sure how effective they are at anything) or for their lawyers to express a strong opinion that they really don’t have any chance of success.

We need let the world know what he has been doing to us and how blocked take over over take over.

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Yes they would be cause Derby have to buy them.

I don’t think you’re correct. If nobody bought the tickets Derby could just return them:

34.2.2    Clubs are required to sell tickets for their away matches if required to do so by the Home Club and similarly Home Clubs are required to supply tickets for their Home Matches to the Away Club for sale by the Away Club to its supporters if so requested by the Away Club.  These tickets are to be made available on a sale or return basis and must be ordered by the Away Club at least five weeks before the League Match to which they relate.  The Home Club must deliver those tickets to the Away Club at the latest four weeks before the League Match to which they relate.  Where any match is arranged at shorter notice the above steps shall be taken as soon as is reasonably practicable.  Visiting Supporters should also have the same opportunity to take advantage of pre-booking discounts that apply to home supporters.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

We need let the world know what he has been doing to us and how blocked take over over take over.

But does the world care and, if they do, what would they do about it?

Also, a couple of thousand Derby fans chanting protests about Gibson is hardly likely to make front page news. It wouldn’t even be talked about or mentioned on the EFL show.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t think you’re correct. If nobody bought the tickets Derby could just return them:

34.2.2    Clubs are required to sell tickets for their away matches if required to do so by the Home Club and similarly Home Clubs are required to supply tickets for their Home Matches to the Away Club for sale by the Away Club to its supporters if so requested by the Away Club.  These tickets are to be made available on a sale or return basis and must be ordered by the Away Club at least five weeks before the League Match to which they relate.  The Home Club must deliver those tickets to the Away Club at the latest four weeks before the League Match to which they relate.  Where any match is arranged at shorter notice the above steps shall be taken as soon as is reasonably practicable.  Visiting Supporters should also have the same opportunity to take advantage of pre-booking discounts that apply to home supporters.

Supporters groups could let the club know in advance that we are going to boycott to save them buying so many in advance

17 minutes ago, AGR said:

Supporters groups could let the club know in advance that we are going to boycott to save them buying so many in advance

You’ve misread my point. As I understand it, the club don’t need to “buy” them from Middlesbrough. They could simply return any unsold tickets on a sale or return basis.