Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

9 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Because they submitted their yearly accounts into the EFL and we didn't submit any for 2 - 3 years, we don't know what was discovered if anything after the administrators submitted the outstanding accounts. Did MM have something to hide?

EFL had challenged the sale of PPS, (unsuccessfully) then challenged the audited accounts (at first unsuccessfully and then successfully). That had a knock on effect to later accounts. Against that background how could the club finalise any accounts without getting EFL's agreement, which was not reached until November?     

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Wycombe -  get up by default, accuse us of cheating and have this beauty on record avoiding dropping down to there true station - sanctimonious shithouses.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29475533

Kieran Maguire's podcast today has an interview with Couhig. I expect he'll be on TalkSport sometime too, pushing his hard-done-by claims. 

I don’t think Wycombe or Boro are putting DCFC in anywhere near as much danger as Covid. If we follow Wales and have to play behind closed doors ,anyone interested in buying will be looking at the loss of income and paying  back season ticket money again.More soft loans?You would have to be mad to gamble money in that situation. I don’t expect a preferred bidder in the next 48 hrs.

9 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Because they submitted their yearly accounts into the EFL and we didn't submit any for 2 - 3 years, we don't know what was discovered if anything after the administrators submitted the outstanding accounts. Did MM have something to hide?

Not submitting accounts is not the reason, that in its self would not give you a sporting advantage. It’s the fact that within those accounts we had used an unauthorised amortisation method that masked our failure to comply with FFP.  It’s still down to the overpayment causing a sporting advantage. If correcting the amortisation didn’t affect FFP then they would not be after money. 
I don’t think anything nefarious has taken place or we would have known about it my now. I think it’s a case of financial ineptitude nothing else. I’m not sure what else will come out. MM has certainly not done anything other than chase a dream and not run Derby as he would one of his businesses. He needed to concentrate of balancing the books and not try to find ways to circumnavigate the rules. 

that said we need to remember that he has injected significant funds into the club it’s just a pity he wasn’t more prudent with them. That lack of financial care and brought us to where we are.  My main issue with him is that he lied to use for years about being within FFP, even misleading re the £4m on his last interview 

14 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I don’t think Wycombe or Boro are putting DCFC in anywhere near as much danger as Covid. If we follow Wales and have to play behind closed doors ,anyone interested in buying will be looking at the loss of income and paying  back season ticket money again.More soft loans?You would have to be mad to gamble money in that situation. I don’t expect a preferred bidder in the next 48 hrs.

I don’t know what the plan is in wales but I don’t see any lockdowns happening if at all for anything like long enough to make that much difference. And Would season ticket holders be demanding refunds if it meant liquidation for the club? I wouldn’t.

15 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Not submitting accounts is not the reason, that in its self would not give you a sporting advantage. It’s the fact that within those accounts we had used an unauthorised amortisation method that masked our failure to comply with FFP.  It’s still down to the overpayment causing a sporting advantage. If correcting the amortisation didn’t affect FFP then they would not be after money. 
I don’t think anything nefarious has taken place or we would have known about it my now. I think it’s a case of financial ineptitude nothing else. I’m not sure what else will come out. MM has certainly not done anything other than chase a dream and not run Derby as he would one of his businesses. He needed to concentrate of balancing the books and not try to find ways to circumnavigate the rules. 

that said we need to remember that he has injected significant funds into the club it’s just a pity he wasn’t more prudent with them. That lack of financial care and brought us to where we are.  My main issue with him is that he lied to use for years about being within FFP, even misleading re the £4m on his last interview 

I agree with all this except I think lying about Ffp is  going too far. But I agree I thought even at the time the thing about the £4m overspend was a bit disingenuous and so it proved.

23 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I don’t know what the plan is in wales but I don’t see any lockdowns happening if at all for anything like long enough to make that much difference. And Would season ticket holders be demanding refunds if it meant liquidation for the club? I wouldn’t.

I did not ask for a refund last time and i would not ask for any if it happened again .

On 22/12/2021 at 10:12, IslandExile said:

Preferred bidder to be announced this week.

Is today the day?

Nah, probably not. I predict nothing will happen - again.

#stillWaiting #alwaysWaiting

16 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Anything happen? No? Thought not.

Ah well, maybe tomorrow.... but probably not.

Ok, so....... Today????!!!!!

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Kieran Maguire's podcast today has an interview with Couhig. I expect he'll be on TalkSport sometime too, pushing his hard-done-by claims. 

Great.  Sure he'll be be drumming up his usual disparaging baalocks with no grounding to feed the twitter numptys.  Why he gets any airtime on Radio Derby I don't know.  Let's hope the bigmouth from Wycombe says something to further negate his ******** claim.  No doubt his mate Kieran will do his best to help him retract if he does,  bloke lives of sucking blood from Derby County.

12 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Great.  Sure he'll be be drumming up his usual disparaging baalocks with no grounding to feed the twitter numptys.  Why he gets any airtime on Radio Derby I don't know.  Let's hope the bigmouth from Wycombe says something to further negate his ******** claim.  No doubt his mate Kieran will do his best to help him retract if he does,  bloke lives of sucking blood from Derby County.

zoom in season 5 GIF  Wycombe bigmouths other guise

4 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Not support as I said later but I think it is in all the other Club’s interest that Clubs suing each other over rule breaches that have been dealt with by existing disciplinary procedures does not become part of the game due to this precedent. Your response will come as no surprise to anyone. 

I am not on about other clubs suing each other but am merely saying that clubs are in it for themselves so why would they offer support to a competitor.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Today must be the day folks, update/announcement imminent?

Everyone excited?

Quantuma gotta hit a target they set themselves eventually surely, preffered target must be the first, even if 3rd time lucky ?

Not until they have come to an agreement with HMRC. 

People are going on about HMRC accepting 25% of what is owed, why would they do that when the club still has valuable assets to dispose of (players) to raise more capital thus them getting a bigger payout. There is every possibility they have spoken to independent experts to get an assessment of player values. 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Today must be the day folks, update/announcement imminent?

Everyone excited?

Quantuma gotta hit a target they set themselves eventually surely, preffered target must be the first, even if 3rd time lucky ?

I only selected this GIF for the finger tapping, which accurately depicts the waiting game we are subjected too. ?

53A0FB25-6603-4649-B0DE-E44A5AFE7523.gif

3 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

I agree with all this except I think lying about Ffp is  going too far. But I agree I thought even at the time the thing about the £4m overspend was a bit disingenuous and so it proved.

Mel kept saying we were within FFP but we were not, how about if I used the word misleading. I have always thought he had Derby’s best interest at heart but the execution of that was misguided