Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

23 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

It is just a job to them,the creditors may not be available to ratify certain offers, it is not a 24 hour 7 days a week job..

Not everyone bogs off for 10 days over Xmas and New Year though, particularly in financial and legal services, and I don't believe that anything can be finally agreed with creditors until the Preferred Bidder is in place. If the PB can be confirmed this week, the holidays won't stop it. 

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Not everyone bogs off for 10 days over Xmas and New Year though, particularly in financial and legal services, and I don't believe that anything can be finally agreed with creditors until the Preferred Bidder is in place. If the PB can be confirmed this week, the holidays won't stop it. 

I agree not everybody "bogs off for 10 days", just because no announcement has been made doesn't mean to say the administrators have been sitting there with their feet up eating mince pies,there will still be plenty of work to do behind the scenes. Exiting administration is not like an auction where the highest bidder wins, the administrators will accept a "winning bid" which is going to be the best outcome for creditors not the club.

8 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't think that is correct but, if you say so.

I've worked around property deals for a long time, the amount of times Ive been told a lease or sale would be signed the folliwing day, only for it to wait another 2 - 3 weeks, alsorts of things can hold deals up.

Dont forget we are dealing with HMRC here, civil servants, who don't do urgent.....

There's also Mel, MSD, Creditors, EFL, banks, Appleby's investors, think it obvious he will if anyone be the one....

Edited by RAM1966

Scenario: Kirchner pulls his bid, no other bids were close to the valuation asked by the administrators.

The administrators play for time by saying that a better bid than Kirchners exists and they are pursuing that.

If that's the case why hasn't the name been revealed.

I read that Appleby and Gadsby were seeking to team up as that's the only way they could get close to matching the valuation.

I also read a rumour that Jez Moxey was bidding but if that bid had the funds close to valuation surely we would have heard something.

I think the administrators messed Kirchner around for two long so that bid was lost.

Where exactly a new bidder is coming from I'm not sure.

Usually the journalists find someone to link with a club of our size but there's nothing in the press that I can find.

I'm not of the opinion that this is a mystery buyer since I think the press would have hinted at a name.

Now the Appleby and gadsby teaming up to meet the valuation concerns me, the administrators have named a price for the club and it don't appear to be in a position to change that valuation.

Even if Appleby and Gadsby cab reach the rumoured 50 million, exactly how much do they have left to rebuild the club.

I think the administrators are playing for time, and feel that they need honest and open communication with the fans rather than covering over the truth that no current bids have met the valuation.

If the club required 20 million to cover the debts, I think it's likely a buyer has bought the club by now.

21 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Scenario: Kirchner pulls his bid, no other bids were close to the valuation asked by the administrators.

The administrators play for time by saying that a better bid than Kirchners exists and they are pursuing that.

I read that Appleby and Gadsby were seeking to team up as that's the only way they could get close to matching the valuation.

I also read a rumour that Jez Moxey was bidding but if that bid had the funds close to valuation surely we would have heard something.

I think the administrators messed Kirchner around for two long so that bid was lost.

Usually the journalists find someone to link with a club of our size but there's nothing in the press that I can find.

I'm not of the opinion that this is a mystery buyer since I think the press would have hinted at a name.

Now the Appleby and gadsby teaming up to meet the valuation concerns me, the administrators have named a price for the club and it don't appear to be in a position to change that valuation.

Even if Appleby and Gadsby cab reach the rumoured 50 million, exactly how much do they have left to rebuild the club.

I think the administrators are playing for time, and feel that they need honest and open communication with the fans rather than covering over the truth that no current bids have met the valuation.

If the club required 20 million to cover the debts, I think it's likely a buyer has bought the club by now.

I can’t see that. Playing for time for who exactly and for what reason ?

55 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Appleby and Gadsby haven’t teamed up.  Confirmed by Appleby himself. Jez Moxey works with Appleby. They are acting for a bidder we don’t know. It’s Appleby and Gadsby the two remaining bidders. 

You really think if Kirchner hasn’t been outbid they would have gone on Talksport and made those statements. They would have either gone radio silent or we would now be hearing noises about fire sales, possibility of liquidation as the admins become desperate for someone else to step into the breach or for help from the creditors. Krasner was all over the radio during Wigan’s admin making those statements. 

We may reach that point but we are absolutely not there yet. 

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

The admin team said Kirchner’s bid had been below other bids (plural).

They also said that after Kirchner’s hissy fit another bidder has raised their bid, so higher still.

They are professional people , they won’t be lying.

4 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

I've worked around property deals for a long time, the amount of times Ive been told a lease or sale would be signed the folliwing day, only for it to wait another 2 - 3 weeks, alsorts of things can hold deals up.

Dont forget we are dealing with HMRC here, civil servants, who don't do urgent.....

There's also Mel, MSD, Creditors, EFL, banks, Appleby's investors, think it obvious he will if anyone be the one....

No one is doubting that property and financial agreements often take a long time to finalise and can hit unexpected speed bumps along the way. Anyone who has bought a house, even with no chain, can probably attest to that. What I do find hard to believe though is that completion/outcomes are often described as “imminent” even though they are several weeks or months away.

The administrators will have dealt with HMRC and other creditors on many occasions and no doubt be very familiar with how long these things take. Therefore, IMO, unless they genuinely thought such negotiations were very well advanced and likely to be concluded within a day or two, based on their previous experience, then use of the word imminent was a little careless. Also, don’t forget, we’re talking about announcement of the preferred bidder here not completion of the whole process.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

No one is doubting that property and financial agreements often take a long time to finalise and can hit unexpected speed bumps along the way. Anyone who has bought a house, even with no chain, can probably attest to that. What I do find hard to believe though is that completion/outcomes are often described as “imminent” even though they are several weeks or months away.

The administrators will have dealt with HMRC and other creditors on many occasions and no doubt be very familiar with how long these things take. Therefore, IMO, unless they genuinely thought such negotiations were very well advanced and likely to be concluded within a day or two, based on their previous experience, then use of the word imminent was a little careless. Also, don’t forget, we’re talking about announcement of the preferred bidder here not completion of the whole process.

As you say they have said naming a preferred bidder is expected to be imminent, not the conclusion of all negotiations with all other third parties. That can be done without finalising matters with HMRC if need be.

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

Counter scenario: the bidders and the admins are holding announcing who they are until a preferred bidder is selected. 

I would imagine the vast majority of those involved would prefer to negotiate quietly and make an announcement once the real details are resolved. 

Kirchner broke the norm by coming out with his bid, but the reality is he was no closer to owning the club than any of us. Then he throws his toys out the pram when he didn't get it all his way. 

The analogy on here seems to compare the deal to buying a house. A house purchase can easily take 9 months if complex but people expect a multi-company insolvency transaction with non-valued assets to be done in less than 3 months? 

19 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Counter scenario: the bidders and the admins are holding announcing who they are until a preferred bidder is selected. 

I would imagine the vast majority of those involved would prefer to negotiate quietly and make an announcement once the real details are resolved. 

Kirchner broke the norm by coming out with his bid, but the reality is he was no closer to owning the club than any of us. Then he throws his toys out the pram when he didn't get it all his way. 

The analogy on here seems to compare the deal to buying a house. A house purchase can easily take 9 months if complex but people expect a multi-company insolvency transaction with non-valued assets to be done in less than 3 months? 

Good post

I know someone who had an offer excepted on a house in November 2020, They moved in in October 2021...Probate held the sale up.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

As you say they have said naming a preferred bidder is expected to be imminent, not the conclusion of all negotiations with all other third parties. That can be done without finalising matters with HMRC if need be.

Nothing changes,the administrators are still in charge until a new owner is announced. 

18 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Sadly not. I don’t think you understand the effect of a statutory charge over land 

if you want me to point out the other errors and leaps of logic in your posts, let me know and I’ll send you a PM. No one wants to read this drivel

Had a nice day off yesterday Kev. Batteries recharged here. Tell me, who currently owns Pride Park stadium?

15 hours ago, one_chop said:

Naturally pessimistic and riddled with bad luck. If I won the lottery on the Saturday there would be a nuclear war on the Monday.

I'm old enough to have enjoyed the Arthur Cox year's and the Jim Smith revival but disappointed since hence the gloom.

Odd really as I'd not had you down as a miserable old git. 

PS - could your bad luck possibly not involve everyone else dying horribly too? If that's not an option, could you kindly refrain from buying lottery tickets? Ta.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the quietness of remaining parties as well as the admin team regarding the preferred bidder, it's called professionalism (however I as well would like to see some movement very soon).

Let's be honest we wouldn't even know about the Chris "Like, Share & Subscribe" Kirchner bid and his withdrawal had it not plastered it all over Twitter.

The admins came out ASAP and nipped in the bud any media sensationalism who probably would have alluded to that we're finished as a football club and/or the admin team are farting around based just on Kirchner withdrawal tweet, when the reality is he got out bid, took his toys and went home.

19 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

I wouldn't be too concerned about the quietness of remaining parties as well as the admin team regarding the preferred bidder, it's called professionalism (however I as well would like to see some movement very soon).

Let's be honest we wouldn't even know about the Chris "Like, Share & Subscribe" Kirchner bid and his withdrawal had it not plastered it all over Twitter.

The admins came out ASAP and nipped in the bud any media sensationalism who probably would have alluded to that we're finished as a football club and/or the admin team are farting around based just on Kirchner withdrawal tweet, when the reality is he got out bid, took his toys and went home.

As we say in the usa “money talks bull shxt walks” a clearer example I have never seen.