Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

I would imagine any Gadsby deal would involve the same as before .  Dealing with the debt and selling on when things are healthier.  Also has the benefit of getting somebody in who knows how to deal with things, both with creditors as we were in a mess before when he took over and dealing with bankers  at the Gibson level .  Hence the 3 amigos lovely period at her majesty's pleasure. Just the job to fight fire with fire.  I'm surprised he wants back in and he won't have the cash to do anything but service the debt .  That will do for now though. 

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

We may be “100% non-the-wiser than we were last week” with regard to the terms of the offer, who the preferred bidder is and if they’re willing/able to meet those terms but at least we know (it would appear) that an agreement has been reached with the creditors which I assume must include HMRC.

Good point!  No more details than last week, but it does appear to be more positive.  ?

...To be fair, I've been non-the-wiser every week for the last 40 odd years, so makes no difference to me!  ?   

35 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Doesn't the notice say that a proposal has been approved by creditors (or 90% of them) which, presumably, includes HMRC? 

I’ve not seen an announcement that an overall deal has been done with HMRC. You’re right of course that they are a creditor. I think part of their claim is preferred, part is an ordinary unsecured claim. The HMRC unsecured claim has to be dealt with in the same way as the other unsecured creditors and so that claim must be subject to the proposal. I’d think (because there has been no announcement) that the preferred claim is still being negotiated. That’s the tricky bit 

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I’ve not seen an announcement that an overall deal has been done with HMRC. You’re right of course that they are a creditor. I think part of their claim is preferred, part is an ordinary unsecured claim. The HMRC unsecured claim has to be dealt with in the same way as the other unsecured creditors and so that claim must be subject to the proposal. I’d think (because there has been no announcement) that the preferred claim is still being negotiated. That’s the tricky bit 

You could be right. But they might not want to announce an agreement .. they haven’t given much detail about the agreement with the other creditors. 

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I guess the devil is in the detail but, if the creditors have agreed to the proposal then I would have thought that include preferred and ordinary. I can't see how an agreement can have been reached if it doesn't include HMRC and how the preferred element is being dealt with (unless it says "subject to" which is maybe possible). According to my understanding, all "preferred" means is that they get first dibs if there are insufficient funds in liquidation to satisfy all creditors. Surely HMRC must have been a party to the creditors agreement.