Fireworks

Day

My sister's two Guinea pigs died of shock (We guessed... we didn't hold a post mortem!) ) on the evening of Nov 5th, way back when I worra lad.

OK, they were my sister's pets, and certainly not the sort of pet fit for anything other than a young teenage girl, but still pets, yeah?  There were still tears!  (Her, not me... but you knew that anyway, right?)

So there's nigh on 5 decades gone by, and still the bloody things are causing distress!  

It really is time to duck 'em off for good!  At least the non-silent ones!  

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

My sister's two Guinea pigs died of shock (We guessed... we didn't hold a post mortem!) ) on the evening of Nov 5th, way back when I worra lad.

OK, they were my sister's pets, and certainly not the sort of pet fit for anything other than a young teenage girl, but still pets, yeah?  There were still tears!  (Her, not me... but you knew that anyway, right?)

So there's nigh on 5 decades gone by, and still the bloody things are causing distress!  

It really is time to duck 'em off for good!  At least the non-silent ones!  

At least that confirms that they haven’t necessarily been getting louder or worse over time. There’s an argument there to say it’s evolution at work. 

but I do agree, I think they should be restricted to licences events at specific times of the year. It just makes economical sense, safety sense, sociable sense. There’s so may arguments for it, and so few against it, I don’t get why it’s not on the agenda yet. 

There are some double standards at work here. A few pets are temporarily upset by a few bangs and there's this huge outcry about banning fireworks.

A man is killed in February, a pensioner in April, a 10 year old boy last month, over 7500 people go to hospital every year after dog attacks not to mention the countless sheep and cattle that are terrorised.

So where's the outcry to ban dogs?

10 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

There are some double standards at work here. A few pets are temporarily upset by a few bangs and there's this huge outcry about banning fireworks.

A man is killed in February, a pensioner in April, a 10 year old boy last month, over 7500 people go to hospital every year after dog attacks not to mention the countless sheep and cattle that are terrorised.

They are quite tasty.. Good on the BBQ I had in Korea.

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Can I vote for just giving the sheep a cuddle?  

On 11/11/2021 at 11:33, LERam said:

Everyone free of fireworks now?

Last night was the first night we didn't have any since last Wednesday or Thursday or so

Just about happy for the cat to roam the streets at night again now

Thought ours were over a few days ago... until some Bamford started letting them off five minutes ago.

I think fire should made against law from buying from shops or supermarkets. A dog has died because of them it had a heart attack and something has to be done about it. I bet there more harmful towards climate change god knows what chamcails are put in them.