Fireworks

Day

I love the fireworks not going to lie, but unless it's a big commercial display, they are pretty pants....... 

The cat is not so much a fan, his nightly hunting sessions are on hold, and sleeps in bed with us.

As some have suggested, some sort of window for them would be good, not every day for a week, between the hours of 5pm-3am....  and I get called boring, saddo, get a life etc, and I get people want to have fun, but it seems people are so strung up on the fact it's their right and not against the law, that they really don't give a f about neighbours, babies, pets

Some twits just exploded one in the middle of the road outside my house and ran .  British society today is more feral and the fireworks more dangerous than they were 25 years ago. No one's nailing a Catherine Wheel to a bit of wood nowadays. Also there going off for about 10 things every year.  Found 3 empty cartridges in my garden last year.  Have them but organised displays from Friday to Sunday or organised displays for which ever festival it is.  Sure I heard an article on the radio earlier about a company making fireworks easy to put out if they get pushed through your letterbox.  Red flag if it's that bad.  

Don't they have them low noise fireworks? They're good for setting off in the back garden. Not them nuclear missiles that turn the street into a call of duty campaign. 

I'd rather listen to Christmas music in the card shop than endure the sound of dogs howling at the constant banging.

Very loud in Belper tonight. ? Oh for the 1960's when golden fountains, Catherine wheels and sparklers and traffic lights had us transfixed and Uncle Roy made a Guy Fawkes for the garden bonfire, mum and her sisters warmed up Heinz tomato, chicken or mushroom soup in the kitchen to keep us warm and after the display Grandpa cooked chestnuts on the fire. All the family together, no loud noises, creating memories to last for a lifetime and no harm done to any living creature.