Fireworks

David

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Dogs were made of sterner stuff in the 70’s and 80’s

Makes me smile how as some get older and take a dog on they suddenly forget all the Supersonic Air Bombs they used to let off and mini rockets they used to let off 10 for a quid.

The young un’s of today have no respect. ?

Dogs in the 70's were used to being shot at by scrotes with air rifles round our way. 

12 hours ago, Boycie said:

Makes me smile how as some get older and take a dog on they suddenly forget all the Supersonic Air Bombs they used to let off and mini rockets they used to let off 10 for a quid.

Found the guy that's letting fireworks off already ?

On 11/10/2021 at 03:39, mozza said:

Our dog is already getting apprehensive about going out for a wee when it's dark, she knows what's coming, bless her..

Out little dog used to know weeks in advance It was coming I swear she could smell the fireworks in the shops.

they should just be banned, I have never ever bought one in my life and never will. The scrubbiest sign that you are a degenerate ever is walking out of a corner shop with a plastic bag full of fireworks. 
like @Davidsaid, spend It on a Derby ticket..

45 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Out little dog used to know weeks in advance It was coming I swear she could smell the fireworks in the shops.

they should just be banned, I have never ever bought one in my life and never will. The scrubbiest sign that you are a degenerate ever is walking out of a corner shop with a plastic bag full of fireworks. 
like @Davidsaid, spend It on a Derby ticket..

Hold on, you can own and carry fire arms in the old US of A let them off when you want from the back of an 8 litre pickup while lassoing wild steer.

Ban fireworks?

Meikle the charity pup was petrified at the weekend by someone shooting in the local woods so we're fearing 2 things. 

1...he'll be petrified of fireworks and be barking uncontrollably 

2... That will in itself be a failure for his advanced training. Can't be an assistance dog if you're scared of anything.... ?

20 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Meikle the charity pup was petrified at the weekend by someone shooting in the local woods so we're fearing 2 things. 

1...he'll be petrified of fireworks and be barking uncontrollably 

2... That will in itself be a failure for his advanced training. Can't be an assistance dog if you're scared of anything.... ?

Which is a good thing as you then get to try and keep him ?

On 11/10/2021 at 22:16, Boycie said:

And let's not forget Cap Bombers - bad boy like this from the newsagent with a roll of caps. All for 20p.

image.thumb.png.25a30e77e732d5de8660c7c87c3c5e71.png

Understand it's a problem for some, but I also know dogs who have adored fireworks. Maybe it depends on the dog? Maybe it depends if they can see what is making the noise? If they spot the bright lights in the sky and the joy of people watching them, and recognize that's also making the bangs, I sometimes think they'll understand better rather than if they're locked inside just hearing bangs and wondering what's going on?

Last new year's eve I was down by Tower Bridge for the big national telly show and surprised how many people had brought their dogs with them to see it, and the dogs loved it, perhaps feeding off the excitement of the humans.

But the future is obviously drone displays so fireworks will soon be a thing of the past. Anyway, here's a song about fireworks I've always loved:

• 2 weeks later...

I like fireworks but I don't like the percussive ones. Mum's dog, Jasmine, hates them and gets so stressed. It wouldn't be quite so bad if they could be limited to a three hour period on say, two specific days around this season. Our cat, on the other hand, couldn't give a toss.