Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

18 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

If you chose to walk a tightrope over a canyon for a living and then, one day out of the blue, an unforecasted gust of wind causes you to fall, is it the freak and unforeseen weather that caused your death or the fact you were on a tightrope at the time it blew?

This is the crux of the appeal, in my opinion.

The effects of a viral pandemic is force majeur regardless of the position of the business before it hit.

This has just blown my mind. 

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't think we'll ever agree so I'll leave you to your opinion and me to mine.

I don't think all of our issues are self inflicted and have never said this, but make no apology for progressing what or more importantly whom had a huge hand in where the club currently is at the moment. That doesn't make me any less of a fan then the next person.

At the moment the 12 points deduction seems like a moot point anyway and will only accelerate us towards the trapdoor but whatever the appeal outcome is I'll accept this.

We are agreed I think that the 12 point deduction is probably irrelevant given the performances on the pitch.

but the appeal will shine a light on some of the issues being debated here.. even if unsuccessful. 

blindly blaming Mel for every misfortune that hits us just doesn’t cut it with me. 

47 minutes ago, alram said:

who is to blame then?

You say blinding blaming and i say blindly defending.

Why should people waste their time on here defending a man that has destroyed our club due to his own negligence and arrogance? he could have kept funding us. he could have ran the club sensibly. he could have not made one of dozens of irratic decisions. he could have not took the piss when it comes to the authorities and the rest of the division. There is a reason why nobody in the league likes us, and its not because we are a good side. 

I dont think some realise how much mel has dragged this club through the mud, and to make things worse at the end of the line he abandoned us and thrown us in the bin - to allow whatever crook or conman free reign to take us over.

Well apart from anything else the Efl will not be punishing Mel . They will be punishing us , the fans. So saying it’s all mel’s fault is effectively saying it’s all Derby’s fault we’ve brought it on ourselves 

2 hours ago, alram said:

who is to blame then?

Why should people waste their time on here defending a man that has destroyed our club due to his own negligence and arrogance? he could have kept funding us. he could have ran the club sensibly. he could have not made one of dozens of irratic decisions. he could have not took the piss when it comes to the authorities and the rest of the division. There is a reason why nobody in the league likes us, and its not because we are a good side. 

I dont think some realise how much mel has dragged this club through the mud, and to make things worse at the end of the line he abandoned us and thrown us in the bin - to allow whatever crook or conman free reign to take us over.

You’re absolutely spot on, I’ve made all those points to just be castagated by other fans on here. I just don’t get it!

2 hours ago, alram said:

who is to blame then?

A lot of this comes down to how much of Mel's personal wealth your think he should put towards the club to keep it afloat.

There's also a difference between blaming Mel for our poor P&S position and blaming him for administration. 
After all, if the future projections don't show the club being self-sustainable if it wasn't for Covid, then the administrators wouldn't have appealed. The reason being, if the projections don't show that, then administration was inevitable and the appeal is quickly dismissed.

There is also very little chance the administrators will give us away to a "crook or conman". Already we have 1 credible (albeit not relatively wealthy) bidder, with a few others watching eagerly. The admin team will pick the best candidate.

1 hour ago, Gritstone Tup said:

You’re absolutely spot on, I’ve made all those points to just be castagated by other fans on here. I just don’t get it!

Well the title of this thread suggests that Derby’s administrators are appealing the 12 point deduction. As the only grounds for appeal is force majeure it is reasonable to believe that the administrators think that COVID is to blame. 

they will have better information than you or I and at this stage I see no reason whatsoever to disagree with the administrators decision to appeal .

13 hours ago, jono said:

And under normal circumstances, without Covid they might not have done. … A buyer might have been found, we might have sold players at higher prices. You also don’t know the financial status of other clubs so only Derby …. So far.

Might, but because MM had financially mismanaged the club, Derby couldn't find a buyer quickly enough and there was no leeway then to continue. His shenanigans are why the club is where it is, the only one that has gone into administration. Does anyone truly believe that this is down to covid on its own?

5 hours ago, alram said:

who is to blame then?

Spot on. 

21 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Or did MM stop funding because Gibson had him over a barrel ? Endless delay so long as MM was in control 

Gibson's claim was over sale of PPS which was found to be totally legit.  So Gibson certainly did not have him over a barrel.

Morris desire to sell the club goes back to 2018-19 when Lampard was in charge, and  before any EFL action. Endless delay in what are you referring to? Selling the club? Not sure what point you are making. Obviosuly neither the EFL action nor COVID has helped in the sale of the club. Team's performances are not helping either.

7 minutes ago, Hordh said:

Might, but because MM had financially mismanaged the club, Derby couldn't find a buyer quickly enough and there was no leeway then to continue. His shenanigans are why the club is where it is, the only one that has gone into administration. Does anyone truly believe that this is down to covid on its own?

Ther are a number of factors as to why Derby are where we are. I don't think there has been any "shenanigins", if anything the EFL are far more guilty of "shenanigins" in my view.

Mel Morris spent too much in players wages .. (although never more than about half the highest spenders in the EFL) had he not been  so silly with players wages he might have more in his pocket now when we needed someone to bail us out. But that was three years ago.

What has caused the current problem is COVID. 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A lot of this comes down to how much of Mel's personal wealth your think he should put towards the club to keep it afloat.

There's also a difference between blaming Mel for our poor P&S position and blaming him for administration. 
After all, if the future projections don't show the club being self-sustainable if it wasn't for Covid, then the administrators wouldn't have appealed. The reason being, if the projections don't show that, then administration was inevitable and the appeal is quickly dismissed.

There is also very little chance the administrators will give us away to a "crook or conman". Already we have 1 credible (albeit not relatively wealthy) bidder, with a few others watching eagerly. The admin team will pick the best candidate.

GoC you talk far too much sense here. 

That won't go down too well with those with a different agenda. 

It is the adminsitrators who have made the appeal , not Mel Morris. And they are accountants who give every impression of knowing what they are doing.

Not saying we are bound to succeed but there is on the face of it a a very decent case. Shame it won't help us stay up but never mind.