Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

32 minutes ago, angieram said:

Middlesbrough and Wycombe - UGH!!!! What a totally unnecessary distraction we can well do without. Hang your heads in shame, Steve Gibson and that other bloke whose name I can't even be bothered to recall.

I think an important part of the interview was when he said that the EFL "would do what they can....to ensure those claims are not an impediment to the restructuring of the club" - I think that possibility (the frustration of any take-over being completed) is the one that most concerns me about this aspect, not the chances of either club winning the argument in Arbitration or at Law.

4 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Was ruled Non compliant ( by non accountants) in relation to the period covered by the charge. So only for three years. That ruling doesn’t set a precedent as far as I know. It is not a Court of Law. And nor is it a precedent that Boro should be able to rely on. 

That's what I meant buddy - the LAP deemed it non-compliant but as well all know, that's ********

38 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I think an important part of the interview was when he said that the EFL "would do what they can....to ensure those claims are not an impediment to the restructuring of the club" - I think that possibility (the frustration of any take-over being completed) is the one that most concerns me about this aspect, not the chances of either club winning the argument in Arbitration or at Law.

They would be considered creditors (of a sort)  and if agreement is reached with creditors then Boro will be deemed to have consented along with everyone else to 25% of whatever they would have got from us. Which wil be 25% of nothing. .

Edited by PistoldPete

12 minutes ago, Monty said:

With the further deduction will we hold the record for lowest points totals in both PL and Championship? A significant achievement I’d say 

No. We would need to be worst than we’ve been for the first 17 games to even come close. Think the lowest ever is Rotherham about 21 or 22 points but could be wrong.

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

No. We would need to be worst than we’ve been for the first 17 games to even come close. Think the lowest ever is Rotherham about 21 or 22 points but could be wrong.

Actually I was wrong, it’s 18 points!!! So we would need to get 21 points from 29 remaining games or lower to be worse ever and we have significant mitigating circumstances in our case, Rotherham we’re just poo

3 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Unless, of course, they go up.  And the signing of Andy Carroll (just before the points deduction was announced so they knew what was coming) was a statement that they haven't given up on that idea.  Carroll may not be the PL force he once promised to be, but if he keeps himself fit - a significant if on his recent record - he can certainly be a force in this league.  6 points are retrievable; 12 points probably not, and all they need to do is come 6th to give themselves a chance.

One of the many failings of the EFL is their total failure to come to any meaningful agreement with the PL about the financial impact and governance around teams moving between the two leagues. That's largely down to two things - the EFL's lack of foresight and imagination going back many years about the negative impact on equal competition of the money on offer (mainly prize money and parachute payments) and, secondly, their overall lack of comparative administrative competence.  Richard Scudamore and his team knocked them into a cocked hat and his successors continue to do so.

Unfortunately, for us and the majority of the 72 clubs that make up the EFL, that ship has long since sailed, much to the detriment of football as a whole 

Obviously if they go up they won’t get any sanctions - but not going to happen IMO.

7 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Not sure I would fancy some of the posters on here handling our case with Boro.

I think whether actions were in bad faith is pretty significant in that context . And our future existence will depend on how much slack we are given by Hmrc. So if a flagrant breach of rules they may have no mercy. An honest mistake is maybe a very different matter. Ours was an honest mistake and quite possibly within the rules, plenty of accountants thought it was.

and as has been answered I think many times , securing an advantage is what every club in the Championship tries to do by a whole variety of means . It doesn’t make it unlawful or even immoral.

plus we wouldn’t know how other clubs do their amortisation. There is no set method.

giphy-2.gif

36 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

giphy-2.gif

So which bit of my post was untrue? The IDC gave a pretty overwhelming rebuttal of EFL's late allegation of bad faith (something they hadn't even claimed before or charged Derby for). It simply was not a credible allegation given that so many accountants thought Derby's method was OK.